What have 'artist' gotten away with?

nigma

No, really? what have they gotten away with. I know I don't have the sharpest eyes at times, and sometimes when you're reading it just stands out at you. Like, one those. 'how did they put that in?'

This one that I noticed:

This was in the last arc of USM, one of the school scenes with MJ and Peter in the background you had 2 fat chicks holding hands and just walking along..I think it was ??76'ish?? I'll post more when I go back through.

But what have you noticed?

This artist once managed to illustrate several issues of Ultimate X Men, making every character look exactly the same, and with a face like a bulldog too, without ANY of the Marvel staff or fans noticing.

David something or other....

Oooh, I got here first, Immonen forgot Angel's wings in one panel of "Most Dangerous Game".

In one of the issues of Universe X, the inker wrote on the spines of some books in a library something along the lines of "I'm glad Bob Harras is gone, he was a real SOB" but he didn't get away with it, the issue got pulped after being released.

Also, Alex Ross put on the cover of one of his Terminator issues, "Now Comix Bloz" but backwards as part of the Terminator information that scrolls across its field of vision.

There's a ton more I'm sure.

Fuzzy Birds said:
This artist once managed to illustrate several issues of Ultimate X Men, making every character look exactly the same, and with a face like a bulldog too, without ANY of the Marvel staff or fans noticing.

David something or other....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ourchair said:
Hm, I'd make Rob Liefeld jokes but that's too easy. :p
I don't care what people say about him, he's still one of the best artists, specially with the comics from the 90's, IMO.

In the 1st issue of UFF when Reed is getting is head stuck in a toilet as a kid, one of the guys shirts says "g-unit", back in late 1980's? G-unit wasn't even around back then (Thanks cap for reminding me, of this)

In the last issue of the WeaponX ongoing somebody sneaked in a message about trawling through a dead book or something along those lines.When it was noticed,the **** hit the fan big time.I'll post it later.

I remember reading that Ethan Van Sciver hid the word 'sex' on every page of New X-Men #118, and it wasn't noticed until the issue was released. I've looked through the issue and I can only find it on one page, though. :?

moonmaster said:
I remember reading that Ethan Van Sciver hid the word 'sex' on every page of New X-Men #118, and it wasn't noticed until the issue was released. I've looked through the issue and I can only find it on one page, though. :?

what page?

moonmaster said:

i never knew that, but the guys got style

moonmaster said:
Its definitely on most pages at least.

Ultimate Gambit said:
what page?

Page 9, I believe. And the only reason why I found that one was because Wizard showed it when they reported it about 3 years ago.

after reading Runaways 6, at the last panel, they made the dino looks like shes go to pee... and when when they show who chamber is......one of the guys shirts read "Magneto was right" and on the table is chinesse food which has "Mr. Wongs" so if you read it across, it reads..."Magneto was right, Mr. Wongs"

Last edited:
nigma said:
In the 1st issue of UFF when Reed is getting is head stuck in a toilet as a kid, one of the guys shirts says "g-unit", back in late 1980's? G-unit wasn't even around back then (Thanks cap for reminding me, of this)

Hmm, I've scanned through the entire first TRADE of UFF and including the scene where Reed is getting bullyed and I'm sure this never happens.

BTW, this thread should be changed to "What have writers and artists gotten away with?".

"NO! Look, Rob, Cap doesn't have a confused sexual identity... No, No, we can't just print it anyway."

3045-150x500.jpg

Latest posts

Back