What i have discovered

Spade

Can-Ad-Ah dont ask me where it is i don't know.
i am sure this has come up and if it has shut me up. In USM 1 we all know about osborn talking on the phone with someone about someting possibly the water, being contaminated. and in ULA 8 fury says the alienes even control the water supply connection to the great conspiricy?? any thoughts??

Spade said:
i am sure this has come up and if it has shut me up. In USM 1 we all know about osborn talking on the phone with someone about someting possibly the water, being contaminated. and in ULA 8 fury says the alienes even control the water supply connection to the great conspiricy?? any thoughts??

I don't think they're connected, but one thing a lot of fans have been wondering was who Osborn was talking to on the phone. Supposedly Bendis is going to reveal the big Ultimate Conspiracy at some point, many people thought it might be around issue #100, but as it looks now that won't be the case, so I guess we're just going to have to wait longer. Just like we've been waiting for the UFF timeline discrepancy explanation for quite awhile as well. Damn that bald bastard.

Wasn't the conspiracy supposed to involve Geldoff, or am I thining of something else? Anyway, a question to ask is, does the conspiracy ivolve just the spider-man story or the entore Ultimate story?

Hawkeye101 said:
Wasn't the conspiracy supposed to involve Geldoff, or am I thining of something else? Anyway, a question to ask is, does the conspiracy ivolve just the spider-man story or the entore Ultimate story?

No, the conspiracy revolves around the OZ formula, so it will probably touch on most corners of the Ultimate universe. Geldoff was only connected to the womb tampering in Latveria way back when.

Its entirely possible that this whole business of Osborn contaminating the water might be remnants of the original ideas that Bill Jemas proposed that involved the Oz Formula being engineered into some kind of enhancement formula disguised as some kind of Super Gatorade.

Check the extras for the first Ultimate Spider-Man hardcover for more info on that.

ourchair said:
Its entirely possible that this whole business of Osborn contaminating the water might be remnants of the original ideas that Bill Jemas proposed that involved the Oz Formula being engineered into some kind of enhancement formula disguised as some kind of Super Gatorade.

Check the extras for the first Ultimate Spider-Man hardcover for more info on that.

Possible...but what would be the point of adding OZ to the water supply? Then almost everyone would have super-powers, wouldn't they? The whole population of New York running around with Captain America like powers? Assuming it doesn't kill the majority of them, as it seems to do with everyone else but Cap. Bill Jemas sounds like a tool. ;)

Spade said:
That's a pretty good pick up but the thing is that means the conspiricy is over with the chitari now defeated. So I doubt that's it.

DIrishB said:
Possible...but what would be the point of adding OZ to the water supply? Then almost everyone would have super-powers, wouldn't they? The whole population of New York running around with Captain America like powers? Assuming it doesn't kill the majority of them, as it seems to do with everyone else but Cap. Bill Jemas sounds like a tool. ;)
Yes, Bill Jemas comes up with some of the wildest and stupidest crap. Fortunately, it translated to an overly experimental period for Marvel.

But my suspicion about this idea of Jemas' was it was some weird nonsensical way for Osborn to test the formula, and refining it for his own use in either the Super-Soldier bid or on himself.

No it would not mean everyone has superpowers. If you notice the Oz formula had to be mixed with spider DNA, Human DNA and a spinal-connected mechanical arms to do anything to anybody.

On a side note, during Harrys flashback of Normans first transformation, Octavius is using his metal arms. But..... I'm pretty sure in the original issue he isn't....

Eh?

Spade said:
but one must remember that the stuff the chitauri was adding into the water was to dull down independent thought could they have been working with osborn?

Osborn wanted to make super soldiers, the Chitauri wanted to turn mankind into mindless slaves....... I can see a bit of a conflict of interests there.

Osborn wanted to make super soldiers, the Chitauri wanted to turn mankind into mindless slaves....... I can see a bit of a conflict of interests there.
Not to offend anyone here...but I live in the US, where hundreds of soldiers are sent out to go fight a war that wasnt our problem to begin with. NNot many of them want to go, but hey, Bush is a (insert something horrible here), so there aint much that can be done about it. So when we mix soldiers and slaves together, mindless or not, it kinda makes sense to me. :)
Now, to cmoa, I do love the US, its my country, although my stays in Europe (Germany, Holland, England, France, Italy), I really liked it better. If you have been to Germany, you know what Im talkin about ;)

Fuzzy Birds said:
On a side note, during Harrys flashback of Normans first transformation, Octavius is using his metal arms. But..... I'm pretty sure in the original issue he isn't....

Eh?
Unsurprising has a Bendis has a habit of re-editing his own flashbacks in many of his other books, particularly Powers and USM.

Hawkeye101 said:
No it would not mean everyone has superpowers. If you notice the Oz formula had to be mixed with spider DNA, Human DNA and a spinal-connected mechanical arms to do anything to anybody.
I'm pretty sure the Oz formula had nothing to do with Doc's origin save that Osborn Goblin probably caused the explosion that fused Otto to his arms using his big freaky fireball powers.

ourchair said:
I'm pretty sure the Oz formula had nothing to do with Doc's origin save that Osborn Goblin probably caused the explosion that fused Otto to his arms using his big freaky fireball powers.

Ourchair is right.

Hawkeye101 said:

Ummm, if a normal human ingested it, wouldn't it then come into contact with human DNA? Hence my sentence saying if it were released into the water supply it would make New York into a bunch of Captain Americas (those it didn't kill anyway). I supposed its also possible it could turn them into Goblin like monsters...

ourchair said:

Not completely true, I think it was specifically said that the OZ gave Otto the ability to communicate with his arms telepathically, even when he's not wearing them.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, he is. Because if Osborne had been affected with the Oz explosion, he'd be what Harry and Norman turn into.

Not necessarily, the OZ had some effect on Otto, not the same it had on Harry or Norman, but it did give him telepathic control over his arms, and it did drive him a tad nuts...ok, more than a tad.

Latest posts

Back