What should done with the X-men movie franchise?

I wanted them to have X-Men 4 and just call it "The Uncanny X-Men" like how they went with "The Dark Knight" for the Batman sequel.

That would be cool. I'd be behind a sort of Claremont "All New!" type thing. Phase out the primary cast, keeping maybe one character from the old movies as an anchor, and let a new creative team just do their thing. Cyclops would be a good fit. He's a recognizable face who didn't get a whole lot of screen time. He has ties back to the original trilogy and Wolverine, and he's got a lot of heat from what's been done in the comics recently. In terms of characterization, I think there's more dimensions to him than there's ever been in the past.

Don't bring Jean back, but have the concept of the Phoenix looming over the new trilogy, an impending doomsday, the genuine threat of mutants as weapons of mass destruction. Hell, Cyclops is supposed to be dead. Play off that. Maybe he is dead. Maybe the twist is, the Phoenix is using his body as a puppet. I don't think we ever saw the Hellfire Club in the original trilogy.....

Whatever happens, I think the new films need to step out of the shadow of the first one. Singer's X-Men has run its course. The next batch of film makers need to find a good, high concept core theme and run with it.

Last edited:
It should be allowed to die a slow painful death

and then in 15 years when Hugh Jackman is but a feint and distant memory after his dramatic death due to rectal trauma by buying sodomized by the sasquatch, then and only then it can be rebooted.

With a young up and coming actor Luis Casiano in the role of Bobby Drake

Last edited:
Nothing will be done because they all made money and that's all they care about. Also, the non-comic book fans seem to love the ones we hate. In the end all that matters is money and there is nothing our spite and complaints can do........... unless we beat up people trying to seem them that's crazy enough to work. Seriously, there's nothing to be done until FOX losses the licence witch with the sequel to wolverine and the Deadpool spin-off being oked it's not bloody likely to be any time soon.

We never actually saw the guy's face, so I'm sure they'd make it to look like Xavier's twin or something.

IIRC That was the original plan anyway. If they were going to make another sequel, the guy was Xavier's twin brother. Sort of like how Xavier was born with all the mental power, and he had nothing.

Latest posts

Back