What summer event are you waiting for?

Which summer event are you waiting for?

• Total voters
Wow, I'm surprised there are so few people who voted for the UFF crossover arc. Was Ellis' work so underwhelming it's put the expectations so low, or did we just wring the Crossover topic dry on other threads to the point of killing the interest?

ourchair said:
Wow, I'm surprised there are so few people who voted for the UFF crossover arc. Was Ellis' work so underwhelming it's put the expectations so low, or did we just wring the Crossover topic dry on other threads to the point of killing the interest?

It sounds really good and I can't wait for Millar's run to start so I can forget about the dreck Ellis gave us, but pressed for an answer I'm more eagerly anticipating the return of Magneto.

UltimateE said:
It sounds really good and I can't wait for Millar's run to start so I can forget about the dreck Ellis gave us, but pressed for an answer I'm more eagerly anticipating the return of Magneto.
Well, in all honesty I think Grand Theft America is the QUALITY storyline I'm waiting for and will ultimately be the better story. But to me, that's not what I'm most EXCITED about on the lowest level of sheer anticipation. :D

René said:
I hope that Toad does come back. I dont think he was in ROTK at all.

He wasn't because he was captured in Ultimate War. I hope that he makes a return... His character has a lot of potential.

Also, Crossover seems ok, but I was turned off that Magneto was showing up this early in their series. Seriously, let the FF stand on their own for a while and then have that story come around.

Goodwill said:
Also, Crossover seems ok, but I was turned off that Magneto was showing up this early in their series. Seriously, let the FF stand on their own for a while and then have that story come around.
It'll be interesting to see whether the story uses Magneto's presence to carry it or can manage to walk on its own feet.

Caduceus said:
It'll be interesting to see whether the story uses Magneto's presence to carry it or can manage to walk on its own feet.
They can trick him by defeating him with a plastic toy!

Caduceus said:

That's a very valid point, because I think as good as Vaughan has been on UXM he's been inconsistant in that regard. Tempest was pretty solid and was more story-driven than character driven...but The Most Dangerous Game was just the opposite.

My thinking is that if this is something that Vaughan has been planning for a while, and it sounds like it is, he is putting a lot more thought into it and it won't be a Magneto story as much as it will be a story featuring Magneto. And if it is indeed then this will deserve all the hype we are giving it. It's rare that you get a good story with such a strong character without said character totally taking the story over.

Goodwill said:
I thought he was talking about the Magneto appearing in the UFF title, did I interpret the post wrong?
I was indeed but this is still a valid point. I mean, we're so psyched about the Magneto story and a huge part of that expectatio is based on the fact that it's Magneto.

UltimateE said:
That's a very valid point, because I think as good as Vaughan has been on UXM he's been inconsistant in that regard. Tempest was pretty solid and was more story-driven than character driven...but The Most Dangerous Game was just the opposite.

My thinking is that if this is something that Vaughan has been planning for a while, and it sounds like it is, he is putting a lot more thought into it and it won't be a Magneto story as much as it will be a story featuring Magneto. And if it is indeed then this will deserve all the hype we are giving it. It's rare that you get a good story with such a strong character without said character totally taking the story over.
I really hope this is the case, just because this is a story that deserves expectation. Magneto is arguably, the baddest villain in the UU and his escape is a huge deal (inevitable though it was). I really hope Vaughn can do the story and keep it interesting without relying on giving us new-ish characters like Alex and Lorna to distract us from a weak plot. I don't expect that however. I've got all kinds of faith.

Vaughan just never disappoints me. I have full faith that this arc is going to be pulled off and will go down in UXM history. The only problem I see with it is how other writers will handle it. I guess I was mistaken when I thought the Magneto in UFF was Ultimate Magneto but as Cad said Magneto is the baddest Ultimate Villain so far. His escape should have consequences throughout...

Something that seems to be lacking in the Ultimate Universe. Hell, why are we even calling it that anyway, none of the stories tie into the other titles beautifully or anything. I want a story that's gonna shake things up. That goes for Ultimate Extinction too.

I blame it all on Millar...

I know I just probably took this discussion into a direction that some might not even understand... I'll shut up now.

Well, the soliticitation for August kind of hinted that Magneto wasn't getting broken out... "He's creating just as much trouble inside of a jail cell than he was doing out".

Well, I had far less trouble than the rest of you with this, since I only read Ultimates. So, for me, it's the start of Grand Theft and finally seeing who the traitor is. I'll probably get the Ultimates Annual, though it depends entirely on how "Defenders-like" it is in tone. I'll probably pick up the UFF in trade, eventually, but that is it for me, not being an X- or Spidey-fan in any universe.

I cant wait for the next Ultimates arc either, thats gonna rock!!

You should try all the Ultimate titles though dude, all are quality!! Not one has failed to impress me yet!

I think the Ultimates are overrated... If they were to become guest stars in titles such as USM, UXM, and UFF, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Goodwill said:
I think the Ultimates are overrated... If they were to become guest stars in titles such as USM, UXM, and UFF, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Someone who agrees with me, wow! Well, okay, I think the Ultimates are great, fantastic, stupendous and wonderfully written by Millar, but I think that the rest of the titles and characters are being given short shift, even on this board.

Look to your left, Ice... ;) See, what I tell you? :lol:

Yeah, but OC brings up a good point. I think that the FF should be given much more credit than they have gotten... Ellis has made them into very cool characters... For nerds, anyway. ;)

Latest posts

Back