What summer event are you waiting for?

Which summer event are you waiting for?

• Total voters
I voted for Magneto's return. I agree with MWF, Vaughan is an awesome writer. I know he wil handle his return beautifuly. I hope he understands Magneto's character as much as he does everyone elses.

I went with Crossover. I'm not that excited about the whole crossover concept, but I'm very excited about Millar writing the UFF. It just sounds like its gonna be a fun, crazy 12 issues. I'm also excited about GTA, but just a little less then Crossover.

Let me clarify my answer - I voted for the return of Magneto because I'm most interested to see how it will turn out and if it will be as good as it sounds. I already know GT:A is going to be like the greatest thing I've ever read.

Well, what if Millar... I don't know how to put this... Tries too hard because he's competing with a very interesting 616 at the moment and, no matter what, he falls flat?

Goodwill said:
Well, what if Millar... I don't know how to put this... Tries too hard because he's competing with a very interesting 616 at the moment and, no matter what, he falls flat?
This is not to sound like a Millar worshipper, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Now, whether or not you can say Ultimates is any good is certainly open to debate and I'm not going to argue that point because de gustibus non disputandem --- there's no arguing matters of taste and preference.

But you're pretty much suggesting that he's using competitive ambition as his goal in writing rather than artistic purpose, which to me sounds like a very insulting claim. Especially considering that Millar started writing event-heavy comic books BEFORE he ever started writing for Marvel.

Not only that, but since when is it a competition between Ultimate and 616?

UltimateE said:
Not only that, but since when is it a competition between Ultimate and 616?
Authors aside its always going to be a competition. Ultimate has to be more interesting, draw enough sales to keep itself afloat.

ourchair said:
... I'm not going to argue that point because de gustibus non disputandem --- there's no arguing matters of taste and preference.

Iactantia canis.

Ourchair posts in Latin, so I posted in latin, and insult that translates as "boastful dog". :D I couldn't know the Latin for "Show off" so I went for that instead.

ultimatedjf said:
Wait, if this topic is s'posed to be about our fave thing for the summer, isnt it supposed to be called What Summer event can't you wait for?
The topic is which event are you waiting for. Which one your waiting to happen.

I know, but when people get excited for something they say "I can't wait", so I just thought this topic sounded a little like, "Eh, I can afford to wait" But now I see what you're saying. :D

ultimatedjf said:
I know, but when people get excited for something they say "I can't wait", so I just thought this topic sounded a little like, "Eh, I can afford to wait" But now I see what you're saying. :D
Just discuss. Dont worry about it. :wink:

Just so I'm clear - I was calling OurChair the dog, not Goody, yeah? (Just reads like their may be crossed wires here.)

Also, iay ikelay eakingspay inay igpay atinlay, ontchaday owknay?

Latest posts

Back