What was the voice in Blockbuster?

Welcome man.

You make some good points, but I'm still going to beilieve it is the Phoenix that she was talking to.

I just had an odd notion. What if the voice in both was Fury? We know he wants the X-Men as Ultimates in the long run, and I seem to recall Fury having his eye on Beast as a member of the team. He can go intangible so he works as the voice talking to Jean. His pragmatic attitude also matches the voice, and there's no doubt he knows about Jean killing the guys in the helicopter. And expanding on the theory circulating about Beast not being dead, the whole government mutant team thing could have been a round about way of recruiting Beast in total secret. Though I'd rather it wasn't. But he is a possibility for Jean.

Blacksword said:
I just had an odd notion. What if the voice in both was Fury? We know he wants the X-Men as Ultimates in the long run, and I seem to recall Fury having his eye on Beast as a member of the team. He can go intangible so he works as the voice talking to Jean. His pragmatic attitude also matches the voice, and there's no doubt he knows about Jean killing the guys in the helicopter. And expanding on the theory circulating about Beast not being dead, the whole government mutant team thing could have been a round about way of recruiting Beast in total secret. Though I'd rather it wasn't. But he is a possibility for Jean.

Niiiiice theory.

XTFLyons said:
Grrr I hate this whole recruitment thing.... someone please tell Fury to leave the X-Men alone and just keep developing the Ultimates :evil:

You know, he's said something once about wanting to get Beast on the Ultimates somewhere down the line and everyone's gone wild with it. I doubt he's faking deaths and speaking invisably to known mentaly disturbed girls just to get a few people on his payroll. He's already got pycics and tech heads, let's not go to far with what he'd do.

It was made quite clear at the end of Return of the King that the X-Men were on Fury's list of future Ultimates. Beast in particular. And seriously why wouldn't he want Jean on the team, she's no more crazy than Thor and happens to be the most powerful telekinetic mutant on the face of the earth. Fury's in the business of making sure he has all the top superhuman talent on the Ultimates so that there's nothing SHEILD cannot deal with. All other considerations are secondary.

It's too early for this whole recruitment thing end of story ... I have a little godson whose 5 years old (the reason I got back into comics) and is he gonna grow thinking Beast/Jean Grey or whoever else you guys have in mind for jumping ship to the Ultimates are on the X-Men like I grew up knowing them as? Or are they all gonna be Ultimates before he even understands what the difference between the two teams are... seriously get off of it and let's keep these people seperate for now with the exception of the occasional and much loved cross overs (which is all they should be for the time being).

XTFLyons said:
I have a little godson whose 5 years old (the reason I got back into comics) and is he gonna grow thinking Beast/Jean Grey or whoever else you guys have in mind for jumping ship to the Ultimates are on the X-Men like I grew up knowing them as?

As of right now he's going to grow up thinking Beast is dead...

If you think that's a problem though, maybe get him some of the older Essential or Masterworks trades and let him read those...?

UltimateE said:
Niiiiice theory.

Right, but there ARE a few kinks to it. For one thing, if the voice talking to Jean was Fury, don't you think he was being a little too nice about Xavier? He's not exactly his buddy.

I being serious. Also, wouldn't Jean run and tell Xavier about Fury? Xavier was the one who took her under his wing, right?

XTFLyons said:
It's too early for this whole recruitment thing end of story ... I have a little godson whose 5 years old (the reason I got back into comics) and is he gonna grow thinking Beast/Jean Grey or whoever else you guys have in mind for jumping ship to the Ultimates are on the X-Men like I grew up knowing them as? Or are they all gonna be Ultimates before he even understands what the difference between the two teams are... seriously get off of it and let's keep these people seperate for now with the exception of the occasional and much loved cross overs (which is all they should be for the time being).

Well in 616 Beast was an Avenger for a significant period of time, so its not as radical as it looks.

:x :x :x :x :x :x

YOOOOOOO BOYS I KNOW BEAST WAS AN AVENGER I AM AWARE BEAST WAS AN AVENGER I DO NOT NEED TO HEAR IT FROM ANYONE ELSE... AND IT HAS NO AFFECT ON MY OPINION ABOUT THIS WHOLE RECRUITMENT THEORY... THAT WAS 616 BEAST 616 BEAST WAS ALSO A BAD GUY IN SOME OF THESE 616 STORYLINES RIIIGHT??? SO DO YOU ALL WANT HIM TO TURN BAD TOOOOO???

All I was saying is that X-Men winding up on other teams is nothing new. And of ther other cast members, Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Beast all served significant stints on other teams. The X-Men were never a static team in 616, and I should hope that never happens in Ultimate. The Xavier Institute is first and formost a school, which means people graduate, move on. The main continuity X-books forgot about the school side of things until Morrison came on.

XTFLyons said:
I think we're off topic now

Yes, and it's too screwy to split, so let's get back on topic.

Well, do you think that it could have been Xavier? I mean, he may really know what the Phoenix is about but doesn't want even Jean to know about that kind of power... He could very well have motives all to himself, you know?

Latest posts

Back