What was your first CD?

Re: 10 albums you'd want to have if stranded on an island...

The first CD I ever owned was MC Hammer's Let's Get it Started.

Good idea for a thread.

Mine was Spin Doctors - Pocket Full of Kryptonite.

How to pee in the toilet and not your big boy pants by Mr. Rogers.

But not really.

In all seriousness, I cannot remember what my first CD was. I can remember what my first comic was....

Either Wierd Al or The Simpsons.

Yep.

Last edited:
They were not, I guess.

You cannot imagine how excited I was to get my first CD player, and CD. It was the greatest thing ever.

Of course, as I talked about with E at the con, when I was growing up we rented our VCR from the video store when we wanted to watch a movie.

The first album I ever bought was Chumbawumba's Tubthumper, because I was 9, downloading a single song off the net was not yet an option, and every single one of my friends bought it too.

It's also the ONLY album I've ever bought. All of my other CD's are burned custom mixes. Show me an album where I really like even HALF the songs on it, I'll buy it. Until then, I'm happy with my ways.

In addition, my family has a few movie soundtracks(like LOTR, the first Harry Potter and Kingdom of Heaven) because they make great background music.

Joe Kalicki said:
You cannot imagine how excited I was to get my first CD player, and CD. It was the greatest thing ever.

Same here, and that first CD was Tubthumper for me. I spent the money I had saved up for years on it, and was ecstatic.

Later that year, my aunt and uncle randomly bought gave their son, my cousin, a CD player of his own. He was 3. He didn't know what it was. His 6 year old brother already had one in the same room. ****.

Last edited:
ummm...I think Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid"

Of course, as I talked about with E at the con, when I was growing up we rented our VCR from the video store when we wanted to watch a movie.

I remember when VCRs cost hundreds of dollars and we couldn't get one. We weren't poor, but there was no way my dad was going to spring that much for a tape player.

And I have to correct myself - My first CD was Eric Clapton Unplugged. But I was getting a CD player for my birthday and knew it, so a friend at school let me borrow his Spin Doctors CD so I would have one to listen to.

But yeah, I was excited too. It was such an amazing technology.

Mighty Morphin' Power rangers Theme song. It got to number 1 in the charts too so :D

Eminem - The Marshal Mathers LP & Kid Rock - History of Rock.

I bought them at the same time. And from Wal-Mart.

I knew nothing of the "edited" CD.

Half of Eminem's cd is edited.

Eminem - The Marshal Mathers LP & Kid Rock - History of Rock.

I bought them at the same time. And from Wal-Mart.

I knew nothing of the "edited" CD.

Half of Eminem's cd is edited.

LOL!!!

*snort*

HAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry, that had to suck.

*cackles*

Latest posts

Back