What will be the X-Men line-up after Vaughan departs(possible spoilers)

Hi-Fi

So BKV said in his forum that the team line-up will change at the end of his last arc. Will someone die? Will someone leave the team?

Info we know:

At the cover of Ultimate Fantastic Four/X-Men, we can see Kitty, Iceman and Wolverine, so they 're still in the team.

Kirkman said in an interview that he'll enjoy writing Bobby, Wolverine, Storm, Xavier and Rogue, so now we know that Rogue will be back.

No mention yet of Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Angel, Dazzler and Jean.

Vaughan said that something will happen with Northstar. Will he join the team?

He also said something will happen with Dazzler. Die? Betray? Leave?
And if so, would Angel leave the team.

Would the whole Lorna/Scott thing be sufficient to make him leave the mansion. Or do the same thing to Jean?

Members confirmed: Xavier, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue.

So what do you guys think?

I know...Nightcrawler is so underused. It's really a shame. Vaughan said the only thing he was sad about leaving UXM was the fact that he did not put Kurt in the spotlight during his run. And by the things Kirkman said in his interview, i guess poor Nightcrawler will continue to just be there.

i agree-- nightcrawler is one of the most underutilized x-men right now in the ultimate world -- shame. i'm curious as to the next storyline where nightcrawler is the focus. it'll be a while, what u guys think?

Kurt's one of my favorite X-Men. I don't think he's underused. I think you guys just think he is because he doesn't have a relationship with anyone. He's had his moments throughout Vaughan's run just as much as any of the rest of the team. Sure I'd like to see a Nightcrawler centered story but I want to see a story that centers around every character but they haven't done anything yet with any of them really. Does anyone else realize how slowly but progressively they're actually building characterization throughout the title as each arc passes? You guys just want some kind of solo story but that's not how it's done.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Kurt's one of my favorite X-Men. I don't think he's underused. I think you guys just think he is because he doesn't have a relationship with anyone. He's had his moments throughout Vaughan's run just as much as any of the rest of the team. Sure I'd like to see a Nightcrawler centered story but I want to see a story that centers around every character but they haven't done anything yet with any of them really. Does anyone else realize how slowly but progressively they're actually building characterization throughout the title as each arc passes? You guys just want some kind of solo story but that's not how it's done.

Brian really knows how to write him. I loved his moments in The Tempest (with Storm and Jean) and his friendship with Angel, but he's never in the spotlight. I disagree about the arcs not have been centered in a particular character. The Tempest was really well-balanced in terms of giving space and voice to every x-man. But Cry Wolf focused in Rogue, Storm and Logan; The Most Dangerous Game was all about Colossus, Dazzler and Angel, the Deathstrike arc was centered in Storm and Logan; the one-shot was Xavier-centered, and Magnetic North is like The Tempest...everyone is doing something.

I like to see Kurt with the team, his interaction with his friends is great, i just wish we coud know more about his past, maybe an Amanda Sefton appearance or something...

and i like him single, MWoF. That's the great thing about him...he's doomed to be alone :/

Last edited:
Hi-Fi said:
Brian really knows how to write him. I loved his moments in The Tempest (with Storm and Jean) and his friendship with Angel, but he's never in the spotlight. I disagree about the arcs not have been centered in a particular character. The Tempest was really well-balanced in terms of giving space and voice to every x-man. But Cry Wolf focused in Rogue, Storm and Logan; The Most Dangerous Game was all about Colossus, Dazzler and Angel, the Deathstrike arc was centered in Storm and Logan; the one-shot was Xavier-centered, and Magnetic North is like The Tempest...everyone is doing something.

I like to see Kurt with the team, his interaction with his friends is great, i just wish we coud know more about his past, maybe an Amanda Sefton appearance or something...

and i like him single, MWoF. That's the great thing about him...he's doomed to be alone :/

All I know is that with Beast dead, the team will need their resident blue-guy, so he'll be apart of the roster. I'm sure of it.

Hawkeye101 said:
All I know is that with Beast dead, the team will need their resident blue-guy, so he'll be apart of the roster. I'm sure of it.

And if they do kill off Kurt later on at some point, I hear Papa Smurf is looking for a position. He's had a lot of time on his hands since Gargamel destroyed the Smurf village.

DIrishB said:
And if they do kill off Kurt later on at some point, I hear Papa Smurf is looking for a position. He's had a lot of time on his hands since Gargamel destroyed the Smurf village.
I think Jokey Smurf would fill that position better.

Smurfs in X-Men are a good idea. The X-Men are supposed to represent gays and racial minorities. The Smurfs can help fill the anti-Jew quota.

ourchair said:
I think Jokey Smurf would fill that position better.

He's no good, he's too busy hanging out with that pothead Stoney Smurf.

Smurfs in X-Men are a good idea. The X-Men are supposed to represent gays and racial minorities. The Smurfs can help fill the anti-Jew quota.

And the "blue-skinned fairy midget" grouping as well.

Hi-Fi said:
The Most Dangerous Game was all about Colossus, Dazzler and Angel

Huh...I thought Dazzler/Angel was an afterpoint in MDG and was more of a consequence of things, not a plot point. I thought Nightcrawler played a decent role.

UltimateE said:
Huh...I thought Dazzler/Angel was an afterpoint in MDG and was more of a consequence of things, not a plot point. I thought Nightcrawler played a decent role.

I didn't mean as a couple, but as separated characters. Dazzler was the one that came up with the rescue plan, and Angel was the one captured and tortured. Both played a decent role in the arc. Nigthcrawler was....there. Although this is probably the arc with his biggest role yet.

I would most like to see nightcrawler's dark side. The best way to bring this out would probably be a team mate getting killed in Magnetic North. I hate that they does use him as a fighter as much as the other x-men. With his Weapon X training he should be one of the best fighters on the team. Personally, when I think of a bad a** nightcrawler I see him with dual machine guns and dual katanas(imagine the opening scene of X2 with more death). I also picture nightcrawler and kitty taking out a Hellicarrier by teleporting and phasing through the turbines.

Here's what I think should, or rather, I want to happen

Charlie Xavier - Well... yeah.

Jimmy Howlett (Logan) - They said they were going into Logan/Ororo's relationship a bit

Ororo Monroe - See above

Kitty Pryde - I <3 Kitty

Bobby Drake - He'll stick around

Peter Rasputin - Well, I betchoo he'll stay for his new BOYFRIEND

Jean-Paul Beaubier - I think that JP himself alluded to staying with peter after this issue...

Kurt Wagner - I think that they could do a really good job developing his character by either explicating on his feelings for Kitty (which hopefully wasn't solely a Bendis invention) despite her seeing Pete Parker, or maybe they'll have him struggle with Colossus' homosexuality, but that depends on whether they bring it up front, and how conservative a Christian he is.

War W. Worthington III - I think after today's issue, his personal issues are going to continue to build and build and build, until he cracks (coughcough Archangel)

MaxwellSmart said:
I would most like to see nightcrawler's dark side. The best way to bring this out would probably be a team mate getting killed in Magnetic North. I hate that they does use him as a fighter as much as the other x-men. With his Weapon X training he should be one of the best fighters on the team.

I agree, with his teleportation and agility, he's like an uber-ninja assassin guy.

Personally, when I think of a bad a** nightcrawler I see him with dual machine guns and dual katanas(imagine the opening scene of X2 with more death). I also picture nightcrawler and kitty taking out a Hellicarrier by teleporting and phasing through the turbines.

You're still bitter about Don Adams dying, arent you?

MaxwellSmart said:
I would most like to see nightcrawler's dark side. The best way to bring this out would probably be a team mate getting killed in Magnetic North. I hate that they does use him as a fighter as much as the other x-men. With his Weapon X training he should be one of the best fighters on the team. Personally, when I think of a bad a** nightcrawler I see him with dual machine guns and dual katanas(imagine the opening scene of X2 with more death). I also picture nightcrawler and kitty taking out a Hellicarrier by teleporting and phasing through the turbines.

Sound a lot like Deadpool without the healing factor.

Latest posts

Back