What Will You Do With Your Economic Stimulus Check?

have to pay twice it back to the government eventually. *sigh* this is so not the answer to stimulating the economy :( The only thing that is going to help us now is electing an economist as president.
My country has an economist for a president. Fat load of good that does us.

The only reason why our exchange rate is doing so well in spite of her is because of the Yanqui recession.

Hibiki said:
it's a financial sexual mucus.

and it is muy muy sexy. rawr.
Like Ice, I too find this remark HOTT.

Including the part about sexual mucus.

Canada doesn't lose, we did this a couple years ago only in Alberta though, since our economy was so kick ***, each resident of Alberta got 400$ of our surplus

Alberta don't need no stimulus, it has EXTRA money to just give away .

THIS JUST IN! CANADA IS STILL BETTER THAN YOU!

You make the study of economics oddly sensual.
Moonmaster Presents...
A Moonmaster Classic.
moonmaster said:
economicgrowth.jpg

Last edited:
Canada doesn't lose, we did this a couple years ago only in Alberta though, since our economy was so kick ***, each resident of Alberta got 400$ of our surplus

Alberta don't need no stimulus, it has EXTRA money to just give away .

THIS JUST IN! CANADA IS STILL BETTER THAN YOU!

Pffft. We got one a few years ago too.

Canada always loses.

I'm not sure if I get one or not...

They set it up so that just about anyone who pays taxes gets one. I don't know the exact details but they opened it up to a lot of people - more than was originally planned.

hmm

Prolly a new corset, definitely some new *cough*... someone has this thing....nevermind -.-

*mutters at the lump in bed*

I wish I wasn't getting one... seriously, this is going to hurt later... they also mentioned going back and charging for the first one that was supposed to be permanent so if you got the first one you will have to pay that back too.

Also Canada still loses because the socialized health care system is broken.
God, I'm just plain grumpy today... I blame Loeb.

Aren't you going back?

Sadly. Me going back is one of those things that you HAVE to do...

Nope, this is separate and different.

$600 per taxpayer, $1200 for married couples, $300 per kid.

Really?

I'm gonna search the internet for details....but in the meantime, can anyone give a link to some details about this? I honestly haven't heard of this. :?

I should be getting it. I think I made about $4000 this year. Won't be sure until my various W2s come in, though.

I'ma probably buy a PS3 and some games. Or the seasons of Veronica Mars, Battlestar Galactica, Lost and Rome I'm missing.

The latter'd probably be better for the economy, seeing as they're American made. Although, by the time I get the damn thing, I'll probably already have them all.

I still think this is a really bad idea for stimulating the economy, though. A lot of people are going to save it which won't be helping the economy at all. And, worse, we're just going to drive up the already ludicrous national deficit.

Oh yeah, AnTwan's right, you have to pay it back with your tax return next year.

Sucksssssss.

That's why I'm paying bills with mine, or saving it.

Oh yeah, AnTwan's right, you have to pay it back with your tax return next year.

And that doesn't incorperate any potential inflation. Which means the true cost could (and probably will be) higher then the actual boon. If they really wanted to help the economy they would have lifted some of the gas tax. Depending on where you are over half of what we pay at the pump is taxes.

Yeah, and I live in Illinois, which has the highest gas prices in the continental US. It cost me over ten bucks just to drive out to pick up my check yesterday. If gas price was even 50 cents cheaper it would be wonderful, but I don't think it would help the economy much.

Not that I think this will either.

Latest posts

Back