what would YOU do as marvel's EIC for a day?

a fan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
325
Location
hmmm good question
here is the link to read about it: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77198
Here's what I would do: I would make marvel give a ligit reason for all their delays from the day I would step into their office's and then I would have a conversation with ultimates creative teams and make sure that they get the comic out on time (monthly) :lol: and then I would ask that marvel continue to do what it is doing.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Just to mess with people, I'd have Bendis write every single marvel book out and have it feature Wolverine and clones.

And include Batman somewhere. Oh yeah, I'd find a way.
 
Last edited:

Iceshadow

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
12,124
Location
Houston,Texas
Have Cable, Deadpool, and She-Hulk take Kang hostage, and go back in time to prevent Wanda from ever wanting to have kids.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
Get rid of Bendis, kidnap Hitch, and sell all properties to DC...
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
8,903
Location
Washington, PA
I'd kill wolverine. I know it wouldn't stick, but he'd die. Dead dead. Not among the living. He's not immortal you know...
 

jtg3885

Banned
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
2,940
Location
Connecticut
I'd canonize Land and Millar.

And when I say canonize, I'm talking about doing it Simpsons, King Henry the Eighth style...
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
I'd take a dump in one of Joe Quesada's filing cabinets.
 

Seldes Katne

Site mom
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
1,746
Location
New York State
Require 10-page written research paper (complete with bibliography) on death rituals or life-after-death metaphysics before allowing any writer to bring any character back from the dead.

Require male writers and artists to actually wear all those skimpy, inappropriate and generally impractical outfits for female characters all day, every day at work for a week before they are allowed to write about or draw them on said female characters.

Permanently outlaw the use of spandex in any aspect of character costuming (except, perhaps, for the occasional bathing suit worn while off duty) in any Marvel comic.

Encourage the writing of more original storylines for the Ultimate Comics, instead of the usual re-hash of plots that have already been done.

Inform production that the issues of Ultimates3 are to begin printing the minute we have six months' worth of finished issues, regardless of the status of Ultimates2. Millar and Hitch will just have to catch up as best they can. Or not.

Actually look at how many books each writer and artist are working on, and adjust accordingly so that no one has more books than s/he can handle at one time.

Hire two editors whose sole task is to read and keep track of every story line in every issue of every one of the Ultimate Marvel titles so that there are no further continuity glitches. Hire two members of Ultimate Central as “fan advisors” to assist them.
 

the watcher

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
6,530
Make Bendis re-write everything he's ever written.
sm1_702.gif
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
the watcher said:
Make Bendis re-write everything he's ever written.
sm1_702.gif
I'd just retcon Bendis from Existance.
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
Baxter said:
I'd kill wolverine. I know it wouldn't stick, but he'd die. Dead dead. Not among the living. He's not immortal you know...

:rockon:


I'd also bring back Alpha Flight....just to kill them again. :p



But Seldes has the right idea........except for the part of Bendis and Joe Q dressing up as Ms.Marvel. :sick:



That's a mental image that's gonna gimme nightmares for a few decades.:scared:
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Seldes Katne said:
Require 10-page written research paper (complete with bibliography) on death rituals or life-after-death metaphysics before allowing any writer to bring any character back from the dead.

Require male writers and artists to actually wear all those skimpy, inappropriate and generally impractical outfits for female characters all day, every day at work for a week before they are allowed to write about or draw them on said female characters.

Permanently outlaw the use of spandex in any aspect of character costuming (except, perhaps, for the occasional bathing suit worn while off duty) in any Marvel comic.
:shock:

Ok, for THAT, I wouldn't want you ANYWHERE near Marvel's offices!

Seldes Katne said:
Hire two editors whose sole task is to read and keep track of every story line in every issue of every one of the Ultimate Marvel titles so that there are no further continuity glitches. Hire two members of Ultimate Central as “fan advisors” to assist them.
Did I ever tell ya you'd make a great EIC? :D
 

the watcher

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
6,530
moonmaster said:
I'd just retcon Bendis from Existance.

dec009.gif


No then he wouldn't suffer. I make him do all of it in that day... I'd have him come in a midnight and have him work till 11:59, 59 sec. p.m. While Bagley shoots rubber pellets at him with a slingshot.
 

Seldes Katne

Site mom
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
1,746
Location
New York State
Victor Von Doom said:
But Seldes has the right idea........except for the part of Bendis and Joe Q dressing up as Ms.Marvel. :sick:
Then I guess they'd better come up with something more practical than low cut, too tight, slit-to-the-waist, shows-off-way-too-much-skin outfits with six-inch heels, hadn't they?

Ice said:
Ok, for THAT, I wouldn't want you ANYWHERE near Marvel's offices!
Ice, if you think those are bad, you should see the list of things I'm going to change when I'm installed as Pope. :twisted:

Did I ever tell ya you'd make a great EIC? :D
Thank you. I'm now accepting applications for the position(s) of "fan advisor".... :wink:

I do like MWoF's idea of "tie up loose ends day", though. Wish I'd thought of that one.
 

Latest posts

Top