what would YOU do as marvel's EIC for a day?

a fan

here is the link to read about it: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77198
Here's what I would do: I would make marvel give a ligit reason for all their delays from the day I would step into their office's and then I would have a conversation with ultimates creative teams and make sure that they get the comic out on time (monthly) :lol: and then I would ask that marvel continue to do what it is doing.

Just to mess with people, I'd have Bendis write every single marvel book out and have it feature Wolverine and clones.

And include Batman somewhere. Oh yeah, I'd find a way.

Last edited:
Have Cable, Deadpool, and She-Hulk take Kang hostage, and go back in time to prevent Wanda from ever wanting to have kids.

Get rid of Bendis, kidnap Hitch, and sell all properties to DC...

I'd kill wolverine. I know it wouldn't stick, but he'd die. Dead dead. Not among the living. He's not immortal you know...

I'd canonize Land and Millar.

And when I say canonize, I'm talking about doing it Simpsons, King Henry the Eighth style...

I'd take a dump in one of Joe Quesada's filing cabinets.

Require 10-page written research paper (complete with bibliography) on death rituals or life-after-death metaphysics before allowing any writer to bring any character back from the dead.

Require male writers and artists to actually wear all those skimpy, inappropriate and generally impractical outfits for female characters all day, every day at work for a week before they are allowed to write about or draw them on said female characters.

Permanently outlaw the use of spandex in any aspect of character costuming (except, perhaps, for the occasional bathing suit worn while off duty) in any Marvel comic.

Encourage the writing of more original storylines for the Ultimate Comics, instead of the usual re-hash of plots that have already been done.

Inform production that the issues of Ultimates3 are to begin printing the minute we have six months' worth of finished issues, regardless of the status of Ultimates2. Millar and Hitch will just have to catch up as best they can. Or not.

Actually look at how many books each writer and artist are working on, and adjust accordingly so that no one has more books than s/he can handle at one time.

Hire two editors whose sole task is to read and keep track of every story line in every issue of every one of the Ultimate Marvel titles so that there are no further continuity glitches. Hire two members of Ultimate Central as "fan advisors" to assist them.

Make Bendis re-write everything he's ever written.
sm1_702.gif

the watcher said:
Make Bendis re-write everything he's ever written.
sm1_702.gif
I'd just retcon Bendis from Existance.

Baxter said:
I'd kill wolverine. I know it wouldn't stick, but he'd die. Dead dead. Not among the living. He's not immortal you know...

:rockon:

I'd also bring back Alpha Flight....just to kill them again. :p

But Seldes has the right idea........except for the part of Bendis and Joe Q dressing up as Ms.Marvel. :sick:

That's a mental image that's gonna gimme nightmares for a few decades.:scared:

Seldes Katne said:
Require 10-page written research paper (complete with bibliography) on death rituals or life-after-death metaphysics before allowing any writer to bring any character back from the dead.

Require male writers and artists to actually wear all those skimpy, inappropriate and generally impractical outfits for female characters all day, every day at work for a week before they are allowed to write about or draw them on said female characters.

Permanently outlaw the use of spandex in any aspect of character costuming (except, perhaps, for the occasional bathing suit worn while off duty) in any Marvel comic.
:shock:

Ok, for THAT, I wouldn't want you ANYWHERE near Marvel's offices!

Seldes Katne said:
Hire two editors whose sole task is to read and keep track of every story line in every issue of every one of the Ultimate Marvel titles so that there are no further continuity glitches. Hire two members of Ultimate Central as "fan advisors" to assist them.
Did I ever tell ya you'd make a great EIC? :D

moonmaster said:
I'd just retcon Bendis from Existance.

dec009.gif

No then he wouldn't suffer. I make him do all of it in that day... I'd have him come in a midnight and have him work till 11:59, 59 sec. p.m. While Bagley shoots rubber pellets at him with a slingshot.

Victor Von Doom said:
But Seldes has the right idea........except for the part of Bendis and Joe Q dressing up as Ms.Marvel. :sick:
Then I guess they'd better come up with something more practical than low cut, too tight, slit-to-the-waist, shows-off-way-too-much-skin outfits with six-inch heels, hadn't they?

Ice said:
Ok, for THAT, I wouldn't want you ANYWHERE near Marvel's offices!
Ice, if you think those are bad, you should see the list of things I'm going to change when I'm installed as Pope. :twisted:

Did I ever tell ya you'd make a great EIC? :D
Thank you. I'm now accepting applications for the position(s) of "fan advisor".... :wink:

I do like MWoF's idea of "tie up loose ends day", though. Wish I'd thought of that one.

Latest posts

Back