What would you like to see in a movie about the Flash?

The Overlord

We really don't have a topic discussing any potential upcoming movie about the Flash, so I seek change that.

What would you like to see in a Flash movie? Who should the cast be, who should the villain be, what should plot be, etc?

I'd like to see Barry as the Flash. I have to admit, I'm unimaginative, and I'd pic someone like Neil Patrick Harris or Joseph Gordon Levitt to play Barry. Storyline wise, I think I'd like to see them stick close to his origin story, with someone like Mirror Master as the villain. Altho, I'd rework Mirror Master a bit, give him a bit more of an edge. If Mark Strong hadn't been Sinestro, I'd nominate him as Mirror Master, instead, I think I'd pick someone like Jason Isaacs.

I'd love to see someone like Guy Ritchie direct it.

What'd really be cool, hide Black Flash (Death) in a couple crowd scenes, through out two movies, then have Barry face Black Flash in the third movie.

I'd like to see Barry as the Flash. I have to admit, I'm unimaginative, and I'd pic someone like Neil Patrick Harris or Joseph Gordon Levitt to play Barry. Storyline wise, I think I'd like to see them stick close to his origin story, with someone like Mirror Master as the villain. Altho, I'd rework Mirror Master a bit, give him a bit more of an edge. If Mark Strong hadn't been Sinestro, I'd nominate him as Mirror Master, instead, I think I'd pick someone like Jason Isaacs.

I'd love to see someone like Guy Ritchie direct it.

What'd really be cool, hide Black Flash (Death) in a couple crowd scenes, through out two movies, then have Barry face Black Flash in the third movie.

I think if they are going to use Mirror Master, they should use the Sam Scudder version of the character and make him a bit of a bastard, so that he can get killed off in the end. It may be fun to to contrast the evil Sam Scudder with more sympathetic villains, like Captain Cold.

I would like to see The Frank meet Greg Lantern.

Y'know, I've been thinking about something. Barry Allen was a forensic scientist before the accident, right? It's like most writers seem to forget that he's a scientist.

Honestly I'd rather see Wally. I think the potential for a legacy character taking over for a fallen hero has so much more potential than another rehash of an origin story we've seen so far. I'd keep some of Barry's traits such as the forensics science which make for a great superhero secret identity but mostly I always thought Wally had more going on for him as a sidekick turned hero.

As for villains I'm not too sure. The only Flash stories I've read were Morrison's JLA, Timm's Justice League and the DC event stuff so I'm not too sure on them. I think the Rouges would work best for a movie about Wally taking his fallen mentor's mantle on. Have an old school team of bastards like Cold, Mirror Master (Scottish version), Weather Wizard and Boomerang would lead to a huge spectacle and give the Fastest Man Alive a reasonable threat.

I'm pandering to my 90s childhood but of course I also wanted to see Kyle as the main Green Lantern.

Y'know, I've been thinking about something. Barry Allen was a forensic scientist before the accident, right? It's like most writers seem to forget that he's a scientist.

yeah, that's why they keep saying that the movie is going to have a CSI/Silence of the Lambs feel to it.

Latest posts

Back