Whats the coolest, most epic conclusion possible for the first Spider-man trilogy?

Cheetatron

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
48
Dunst said they should have Peter die a hero and then we the audience finds out mary jane got knocked up. I know there was fan outcry and many of you probably dont agree, but look at it this way mcguire and dunst dont want to be typecast they probably wont sign on for a fourth movie. Spider-man is one of sony's most profitable movie franchises and they are going to need it cause the PS3 hardware loss is going to hurt them for a long while. It would be better to see the story progress than to see a return to status quo but with different actors for the fourth movie.

My thoughts are:
I know Sandman will probably die, and/or Goblin 2/Hobgoblin wll probably die but will Venom show up? Will Spidey die taking out Venom or one of the other villains? Lets say he does, and his identity is revealed to the world. MJ finds out she's pregnant while still mourning the loss of Peter. A week or so later aunt may is murdered. Mary Jane's no fool she goes into hiding to protect her life and the life of her unborn child. Mary Jane now known as Julie Carpenter, Charlotte Witter, or Mattie Franklin is found by Shields Nick Fury(Played by SLJ). Fury wants to take her into protective custody. End of movie three.

In movie 4 we find out she had a son and she names him Ben Reilly. Ben because Peter's hero was his uncle Ben and Reilly because that was May's maiden name. Ben Reilly the son of Peter has spider powers just like his dad but is reluctant to put on his father's mask to much reponsibility too much to live up to(cliche but only because it's relatable). He wears his own costume(an updated Scarlet Spider costume) and at the end of the storyline Fury tells Ben that it's time to put on his fathers mask and that he deserves it. Ben agrees but when we the audience finally sees him in action expecting to see the classic spiderman costume we find out he's wearing the Ben Reilly Spiderman Costume!!!
BenR_SpiderMan.jpg


Two questions
What do you think?
How would you handle it?
 
Last edited:

Shihad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
583
Location
New Zealand
Cheetatron said:
Dunst said they should have Peter die a hero and then we the audience finds out mary jane got knocked up. I know there was fan outcry and many of you probably dont agree, but look at it this way mcguire and dunst dont want to be typecast they probably wont sign on for a fourth movie. Spider-man is one of sony's most profitable movie franchises and they are going to need it cause the PS3 hardware loss is going to hurt them for a long while. It would be better to see the story progress than to see a return to status quo but with different actors for the fourth movie.

My thoughts are:
I know Sandman will probably die, and/or Goblin 2/Hobgoblin wll probably die but will Venom show up? Will Spidey die taking out Venom or one of the other villains? Lets say he does, and his identity is revealed to the world. MJ finds out she's pregnant while still mourning the loss of Peter. A week or so later aunt may is murdered. Mary Jane's no fool she goes into hiding to protect her life and the life of her unborn child. Mary Jane now known as Julie Carpenter, Charlotte Witter, or Mattie Franklin is found by Shields Nick Fury(Played by SLJ). Fury wants to take her into protective custody. End of movie three.

In movie 4 we find out she had a son and she names him Ben Reilly. Ben because Peter's hero was his uncle Ben and Reilly because that was May's maiden name was. Ben Reilly the son of Peter has spider powers just like his dad but is reluctant to put on his father's mask to much reponsibility too much to live up to(cliche but only because it's relatable). He wears his own costume(an updated Scarlet Spider costume) and at the end of the storyline Fury tells Ben that it's time to put on his fathers mask and that he deserves it. Ben agrees but when we the audience finally sees him in action expecting to see the classic spiderman costume we find out he's wearing the Ben Reilly Spiderman Costume!!!
BenR_SpiderMan.jpg


Two questions
What do you think?
How would you handle it?


If Dunst's comment actually happens, i will get rid of my spider-man dvds, and might give up spider-man all together in comics (which i'm sure alot of people would do)

I think the problem with Mary Jane having a kid...... it wouldn't grow up fast enough.
I think Venom will be introduced like at end of movie for number 4, and if spider-man is dead, there not really any one to protect the world (i mean America, New York)..... and "Ben Reilly" wouldn't be old enough to fight, let alone tie its own shoes
 

Cheetatron

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
48
Shihad said:
If Dunst's comment actually happens, i will get rid of my spider-man dvds, and might give up spider-man all together in comics (which i'm sure alot of people would do)

I think the problem with Mary Jane having a kid...... it wouldn't grow up fast enough.
I think Venom will be introduced like at end of movie for number 4, and if spider-man is dead, there not really any one to protect the world (i mean America, New York)..... and "Ben Reilly" wouldn't be old enough to fight, let alone tie its own shoes
It would be the end of one trilogy to the begining of the next a time skip of 16-20 years wouldnt be too unreasonable.
 
Last edited:

MaxwellSmart

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
3,335
Location
SoCal
These movies just wouldn't work as futuristic scifi.

I like the derivation of Ben Reilly as a name. I think we might actually see that in the Clone Saga.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
Harry takes a ****load of that Green Goblin formula, saves peter's life from Venom and then dies from an overdose...

Then at the very end Norman Osborn shows up again at the Hospital and peter realizes that this isn't over.

Then Toby Maguire's contract runs out, and Jake Gyllenhaal becomes the new Peter Parker, and since he's a better actor, the movies get much better and the world is a much happier place.
 

compound

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
2,772
Location
Metro Manila, Philippines
Shihad said:
I think the problem with Mary Jane having a kid...... it wouldn't grow up fast enough.

I think Venom will be introduced like at end of movie for number 4, and if spider-man is dead, there not really any one to protect the world (i mean America, New York)..... and "Ben Reilly" wouldn't be old enough to fight, let alone tie its own shoes
*restrains self from making obvious "Sins Past"-related joke*
 

MaxwellSmart

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
3,335
Location
SoCal
Dr.Strangefate said:
Harry takes a ****load of that Green Goblin formula, saves peter's life from Venom and then dies from an overdose...

Then at the very end Norman Osborn shows up again at the Hospital and peter realizes that this isn't over.

Then Toby Maguire's contract runs out, and Jake Gyllenhaal becomes the new Peter Parker, and since he's a better actor, the movies get much better and the world is a much happier place.
I guess we know who you have a crush on.
 

Cheetatron

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
48
MaxwellSmart said:
These movies just wouldn't work as futuristic scifi.

I like the derivation of Ben Reilly as a name. I think we might actually see that in the Clone Saga.
Whats going to happen in 15-20 years? HDTV will become more of a household item, blu-ray or HD-DVD will knock the other out, better more powerful cellphones. Computers will be more powerful and PS5 or 6 will be out. Hybrid cars, trucks, suvs and minivans will be a lot more common. It's not going to be batman beyond lol. Which Clone saga are you refering to? The Ultimate one?
 
Last edited:

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
19,091
Location
UK
Re: Whats the coolest, most epic conclusion possible for the first Spider-man trilogy

I've always said it should go like this (before I knew sandman was in it)

About 1/4 in to the movie Peter gets the black suit the same was as 90's cartoon as they can't do secret wars. At first there is not much diffrence other than it makes him feel more powerfull and somwhow makes his powers alot better

In the mean time we see harry become green goblin II or hobgoblin as some say he'll be. Harry has a complete break down and gose even more insain than his dad.

Last time spider-man had a fight with goblin he killed him by mistake it was the only way to save himself. This time Spider-man completly beats the crap out of goblin. Harry unmasks and begs for forgivness. The suit makes him have a flash back of his father trying the same trick so Spider-man throws Harry off the bridge (cool twist on the bridge thing)

Looking down at his now dead best friend Spider-man realises that Harry was truthfull in begging for forgiveness as glider never moved! The suit made him do it. He has to get rid of the suit so he gose to his teacher dr connors to remove the suit.

Dr conners dose it. He is shocked that Peter is Spider-man and says "maybe one day you can help me." (setting up lizard in 4 even more.) What they don't ralise is the suit escapes

ending Suit bonds with Eddie brock and cut to venom close up. setting up venom in 4th one.

now that I know sandman is it too it kinda wrecks my idea but maybe they could still do it just add sandman like this - Harry before going completly mad creates sandman to stop spider-man!.When hary learns of Sandman's defeat that pushes him over the edge as he put all his money behind Project sand man.
 

Cheetatron

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
48
Re: Whats the coolest, most epic conclusion possible for the first Spider-man trilogy

sjmole said:
I've always said it should go like this (before I knew sandman was in it)

About 1/4 in to the movie Peter gets the black suit the same was as 90's cartoon as they can't do secret wars. At first there is not much diffrence other than it makes him feel more powerfull and somwhow makes his powers alot better

In the mean time we see harry become green goblin II or hobgoblin as some say he'll be. Harry has a complete break down and gose even more insain than his dad.

Last time spider-man had a fight with goblin he killed him by mistake it was the only way to save himself. This time Spider-man completly beats the crap out of goblin. Harry unmasks and begs for forgivness. The suit makes him have a flash back of his father trying the same trick so Spider-man throws Harry off the bridge (cool twist on the bridge thing)

Looking down at his now dead best friend Spider-man realises that Harry was truthfull in begging for forgiveness as glider never moved! The suit made him do it. He has to get rid of the suit so he gose to his teacher dr connors to remove the suit.

Dr conners dose it. He is shocked that Peter is Spider-man and says "maybe one day you can help me." (setting up lizard in 4 even more.) What they don't ralise is the suit escapes

ending Suit bonds with Eddie brock and cut to venom close up. setting up venom in 4th one.

now that I know sandman is it too it kinda wrecks my idea but maybe they could still do it just add sandman like this - Harry before going completly mad creates sandman to stop spider-man!.When harry learns of Sandman's defeat that pushes him over the edge as he put all his money behind Project sand man.
Oooh thats pretty interesting way to handle things. I like that spiderman kills harry but in a way he's not fully to blame.
 

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
19,091
Location
UK
Re: Whats the coolest, most epic conclusion possible for the first Spider-man trilogy

Cheetatron said:
Oooh thats pretty interesting way to handle things. I like that spiderman kills harry but in a way he's not fully to blame.

Thanks I also figured if it was green goblin II/hobgoblin and he beat the crap out of him and killed him how i described it would so how much the suit improves him as green goblin vs spider-man in 1st movie goblin kicked is wallcrawling *** untill the end.
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
Re: Whats the coolest, most epic conclusion possible for the first Spider-man trilogy

I think it would be a good end. But not so much as a 4 one. Maybe that could work. I like the idea. Plus I love Doc's idea with Harry.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
I'd like to see the movies end with 3. We get Sandman, Venom and Hobgoblin (Harry). At the end, Harry kills Gwen Stacy, Harry dies, and Peter ends up with Mary Jane. There's no need for Spider-Man to die at the end. I'd rather they end with something positive.
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
moonmaster said:
I'd like to see the movies end with 3. We get Sandman, Venom and Hobgoblin (Harry). At the end, Harry kills Gwen Stacy, Harry dies, and Peter ends up with Mary Jane. There's no need for Spider-Man to die at the end. I'd rather they end with something positive.

As much as I like the films....I was kinda thinking the same thing. To continue on without any of the original cast would make it feel too "maybe this should've been straight to DVD".

It just has so much potential to become like the latter Superman films. And regardless of how entertaining they were--- nobody wants that.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
Victor Von Doom said:
As much as I like the films....I was kinda thinking the same thing. To continue on without any of the original cast would make it feel too "maybe this should've been straight to DVD".

It just has so much potential to become like the latter Superman films. And regardless of how entertaining they were--- nobody wants that.
Movie series' just get bad after the third one. It's like a law of nature. That's why I'm glad that Christopher Nolan and Bryan Singer have said that they only want Batman and Superman to be trilogies and nothing more (though we'll see if that really sticks).
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
moonmaster said:
Movie series' just get bad after the third one. It's like a law of nature. That's why I'm glad that Christopher Nolan and Bryan Singer have said that they only want Batman and Superman to be trilogies and nothing more (though we'll see if that really sticks).

True. I'll bet if anything...Nolan and Singer will only do 3 films for their respective movies but the studios will wanna do more so they'll continue to try and build on the franchise. Using the logic of Star Trek films to convince investors and fans. "If Star Trek can have several films and be sucessful....why can't ours?"
 

Shihad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
583
Location
New Zealand
Re: Whats the coolest, most epic conclusion possible for the first Spider-man trilogy

sjmole said:
I've always said it should go like this (before I knew sandman was in it)

About 1/4 in to the movie Peter gets the black suit the same was as 90's cartoon as they can't do secret wars. At first there is not much diffrence other than it makes him feel more powerfull and somwhow makes his powers alot better

In the mean time we see harry become green goblin II or hobgoblin as some say he'll be. Harry has a complete break down and gose even more insain than his dad.

Last time spider-man had a fight with goblin he killed him by mistake it was the only way to save himself. This time Spider-man completly beats the crap out of goblin. Harry unmasks and begs for forgivness. The suit makes him have a flash back of his father trying the same trick so Spider-man throws Harry off the bridge (cool twist on the bridge thing)

Looking down at his now dead best friend Spider-man realises that Harry was truthfull in begging for forgiveness as glider never moved! The suit made him do it. He has to get rid of the suit so he gose to his teacher dr connors to remove the suit.

Dr conners dose it. He is shocked that Peter is Spider-man and says "maybe one day you can help me." (setting up lizard in 4 even more.) What they don't ralise is the suit escapes

ending Suit bonds with Eddie brock and cut to venom close up. setting up venom in 4th one.

now that I know sandman is it too it kinda wrecks my idea but maybe they could still do it just add sandman like this - Harry before going completly mad creates sandman to stop spider-man!.When hary learns of Sandman's defeat that pushes him over the edge as he put all his money behind Project sand man.

yeah i like this idea....
 

Planet-man

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
11,645
Location
Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
Not crazy about Cheetatron's idea at all. Sounds a LOT like a rejected Superman script from a few years ago, where Lex Luthor kills Superman, and Superman impregnates Lois while he's dying. A few weeks(yes, weeks) later, she dies in childbirth and the superpowered baby quickly(as in over the course of a day) grows up into the NEW Superman and saves the day.

Frankly I really have no idea how the heck they're going to pull off Spidey 3.:?
 

Latest posts

Top