When will Peter quit being Spider-Man?

Goodwill

Like I've said before, I did the same thing with Carnage... Just given the fact that Carnage wasn't going to be who I thought he was, gave me an uneasy feeling. Look, now I don't have to worry! The Carnage story is great and it's certianly been an interesting one!

I am looking forward to Hob-Goblin the most now... After seeing Spider-Man 2, I would love it to be Harry under the mask this time! I think that, if done correctly, the Harry vs. Peter story could be the most compelling of the series yet. You don't see best friends fighting it out often and it is something that could be very powerful and groundbreaking in a young wall crawler's life... Especially when you don't h ave that many friends. If Harry uses Peter's weaknesses as his strength and vice versa, it could be a great arc! Peter could even play dirty, too, knowing all of the stuff he does about Harry! :)

It will definitely up the stress and guilt factor that already plagues Peter as Spiderman. How much more can he take before he calls it quits?

That's an important part of the Spider-Man story that has not been explored in Ultimate yet. It will be interesting to see Peter question his place and temporarily hang up the costume, and it will also be a chance to put more emphasis on the reason why Peter became a hero in the first place, Uncle Ben's death due to Peter's own arrogance, as that has not been touched upon enough in some time.
I don't like that vampired exist in Ultimate. I mean, what's so special and unusual about a mutant or a genetically engineered human when we've got vampires, and sorcerers and (it looks like) Atlanteans running around? I would rather see the history of vampires explained as having started with a mutant who fed upon blood and passed his mutation to his victims. I guess that's what a vampire is anyway, but I'd like to see it explained in relation to mutants. Morbius may even be that original vampire.

That's an important part of the Spider-Man story that has not been explored in Ultimate yet. It will be interesting to see Peter question his place and temporarily hang up the costume, and it will also be a chance to put more emphasis on the reason why Peter became a hero in the first place, Uncle Ben's death due to Peter's own arrogance, as that has not been touched upon enough in some time.

I agree completely. This would be a great plot for #100.

I also like your points about vampires. Vampires and demons in comics rate with back from the dead and mind transfers to me - bad devices used in weak writing. Cool, maybe, but they aren't ever used in cool ays - the first vampire as a mutant? Cool idea ;)

I agree with you that Spidey has some growing up to do and some realization about what he's actually into and why he's there... That definitely needs some time in upcoming stories.

ISSUE 64 SPOILERS!!!

Well I thought this would be a way off, but our answer for when Peter will quit Spidey has been answered in #64. Gwen's death, Connor's betrayal...all too much.

Interesting... Though, I think that this should be explained a little more. Gwen's death WAS ignored this issue, so we'll have to see more into Peter's character with this.

I still don't see how Gwen's death was ignored in #64. He wanted to kill Connors for it. And the entire issue took place in one night. He's had time to grieve since he first learned of her death, but in a fight for your life I don't think you have much to reflect on, especially when you learn it's a failed clone of you that looks like your father that killed one of the closest people to you and is coming for you next. I think Gwen's death was given appropriate comic-time and we'll see more of it next issue.

Yeah, re-reading the issue, I kinda picked up the same kinda deal. I guess it'll be alright... I mean, her death and Carnage convinced him to stop being Spidey. All things considered, that's pretty huge. It's like her death is defying his Uncle's. Wow.

Hmmm, I didnt see it that way, but thinking about it, I see your what you're saying. I would like to see how long this will affect Parker.

Maybe Wolverine actually smacks the sense into him! A brawl between two of the hottest heroes to date... How could would that be? All silliness aside, I think that, for the title's sake, he won't be in t his slump for much longer. Having him run into all these heroes to get him to stand up and join the good fight again will be a perfect way to do it.

I really like the character development Bendis puts into this arc especially. With how drastic Peter's life has changed, and his decision to quit being Spiderman will affect how he appoaches his goals the next time he picks up the webs. Also, this means we should be getting back to the action quicker.

Absolutely, I thought that was a great way of describing the arc. I mean, #64 issues telling a story about Peter Parker and how his life has drastically changed... A lot can happen... Maybe moreso than 40 years in actual comics.

With Peter quitting as Spidey, I hope that it is drawn out more than when he and MJ broke up. That was really short, and I thought that with Gwen in the picture there were a lot more things that could have been explored. Same thing with him quitting as Spidey - there's going to be a lot of conflict there about coming back and what he feels he owes to society, so I hope it's not just something like a burglar in the next issue that makes him come back.

I still thin its gonna be something BIG to bring him back. I mean, you can't have a Spider-Man book without Spider-Man!

Yes you can, Bendis has proved it, too. For a while, Peter didn't have the right costume and often times he wore random clothes... There were other times, like in Venom and Carnage, when he straight-up was so fed up with Spider-Man that he fought off his demons himself. The title is almost better now that there is a lack of spandex in the title.

Latest posts

Back