Which Comic Books Should Be Turned Into Movies?

How would you do a Deadpool movie...

Interesting that you should ask. The movie would be taken mostly from issues #17-#19 of Deadpool's solo series and the Deadpool & Death annual, with pieces of #3-#5 to fill in gaps.

We'll have Deadpool trying to be a good boy for Siryn (who will also basically be taking Ilaney's role in issues #17-#19). He will be trying to woo her and wil lbe stalking her, but she's hesitant being around him. And while she won't return his love, she will slowly become more caring and empathetic towards him.
We'll get to know his relationship with Weasel and Blind Al. Neither will be major characters, but they'll have some scenes more in the beginning of the movie and right before the credits start rolling.
We'll have Dr. Killbrew trying to make up for his past sins with Deadpool.
But also, Ajax will be making a big splash in the movie as the main antagonist.

I was going to keep Deadpool's healing factor ambiguous for the first half of the movie, having excuses for anything that could had harmed him as something that just as easily wouldn't had harmed him. But in the last half of the movie, the action will be getting so intense that he'll need his healing factor to keep fighting.
I'll also keep his skin condition a secret until near the last half hour of the movie, keeping him completely covered in his costume or having him use his image inducer. The reason behind this is because I want to freak out the audience, lol. See, I'm going to have flashbacks to Deadpool's days in the hospice (before his speech got too mangled, so the casual audience member won't know it's him.) His times in the hospice will depict a very different, stoic, depressed, and suicidal Deadpool, for tormented and tortured by Dr. Killbrew and Ajax. His nurse will also be ambiguous. Everyone will slowly realize she may just have been a hallucination on Deadpool's part. However, I'd allude to the real Deadpool fans that she was actually Death.

That's the basic jip.

The Ultimates needs to be made into a live action movie. Adapt it exactly like Millar and Hitch's version. Make no changes to the script.

I'm gonna do you all one better----

Pride of Baghdad.

Tell me you wouldn't go see it, own the DVD and special collectors editon of the DVD 7 months later?

The Frankin one-shots that Marvel does would actually work as a kids movie and/or show.
Ugh. They're so uninspired that the only way I'd approve of that is if the TV production team had better writers than its instigator, Marc Sumerak.

Seriously, on paper, having Franklin Richards as that crazy Dennis-like menace mucking about with the hi-tech wonders of the Baxter Building and basically giving stuffy pseudo-yuppie versions of the Fantastic Four a hard time is a good idea, but the execution so far has been rather stiff.

The Frankin one-shots that Marvel does would actually work as a kids movie and/or show.

Why does a kids movie/show about superheroes have to be crap like that? Kids like superheroes as they are, and dumbing them down just makes them blend in with the rest of the kiddie stuff they watch, rather than actually helping them grow into more mature fiction.

When I was 4 years old I loved B:TAS, the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons, Tim Burton's Batman and the four Chris Reeve Superman films. I didn't need some "Itsy-Bitsy Spider-Man" to have fun, the regular Spidey figures were what I wanted.

Turning superheroes into kiddie nonsense is the most counter-productive thing I can think of.

God, the first two Batman movies are way too ****ed up for little kids... I know that when I was teeny, the Penguin biting that guys nose off would make me cry.

God, the first two Batman movies are way too ****ed up for little kids... I know that when I was teeny, the Penguin biting that guys nose off would make me cry.

Oh, I couldn't watch Batman Returns until I was like 10(and that scene was a huge part of it), but I loved the first one.

Perhaps the Batman films aren't the best example of what I'm trying to say...

Why does a kids movie/show about superheroes have to be crap like that? Kids like superheroes as they are, and dumbing them down just makes them blend in with the rest of the kiddie stuff they watch, rather than actually helping them grow into more mature fiction.
Oh come on. 'Kiddie fare' does not equal 'dumbing down'.

First of all, a Franklin series is not necessarily kiddifying superheroes, nor is it even ABOUT superheroes at all. On this level, I'm not against it. What I am against is animating the Franklin one-shots because they're crap.

Latest posts

Back