Which Comic Books Should Be Turned Into Movies?

Why does a kids movie/show about superheroes have to be crap like that? Kids like superheroes as they are, and dumbing them down just makes them blend in with the rest of the kiddie stuff they watch, rather than actually helping them grow into more mature fiction.

When I was 4 years old I loved B:TAS, the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons, Tim Burton's Batman and the four Chris Reeve Superman films. I didn't need some "Itsy-Bitsy Spider-Man" to have fun, the regular Spidey figures were what I wanted.

Turning superheroes into kiddie nonsense is the most counter-productive thing I can think of.

Oh, excuse me. I didn't know all little kids were just like you. :roll:

Oh, excuse me. I didn't know all little kids were just like you. :roll:

I was using myself as an example. And for the record, every single boy I knew when I was that age was like that.

I still firmly believe that adding superheroes to the "wacky kiddie comedy" genre is the last thing they need. Why turn Fantastic Four into Denace the Menace when kids already HAVE Denace the Menace?

Superheroes are the best thing I can think of that you don't need to bring down in order for little kids to love them. They're the perfect thing to help kids grow into older fiction and be turned on to that stuff for life.

I was using myself as an example. And for the record, every single boy I knew when I was that age was like that.
Maybe every kid you know. Not every kid in the world.

I still firmly believe that adding superheroes to the "wacky kiddie comedy" genre is the last thing they need. Why turn Fantastic Four into Denace the Menace when kids already HAVE Denace the Menace?
Have you actually read the Franklin one-shots? It's really just Franklin and Herbie on fun adventures with the FF making minimal appearances. This isn't something that involves the FF, hence why it's about Franklin.

Superheroes are the best thing I can think of that you don't need to bring down in order for little kids to love them. They're the perfect thing to help kids grow into older fiction and be turned on to that stuff for life.
What you're expecting out of heroes cartoon is just...I don't know. And besides, there wouldn't be any heroes to "bring down". Going back to what I just said, you think this is about actual heroes being done for tykes. This is about Franklin and Herbie, something that would be along the lines of some current cartoons for like 9 and up, not 4 years old.

Oh come on. 'Kiddie fare' does not equal 'dumbing down'.

First of all, a Franklin series is not necessarily kiddifying superheroes, nor is it even ABOUT superheroes at all. On this level, I'm not against it.
Thank you.

What I am against is animating the Franklin one-shots because they're crap.
They're not crap, but I'm not saying to animate those. Just have something along the lines, is what I meant.

Last edited:
I want to see this issue of Heroes for Hire turned into a movie.

HFH13-.jpg

I want to hear the voice of the Disney Announcer guy say in a preview, "With Will Ferrel as the voice of the Rape Monster" in his scary happy voice.

God, the first two Batman movies are way too ****ed up for little kids... I know that when I was teeny, the Penguin biting that guys nose off would make me cry.

Batman 1989 and Batman Returns were like these forbidden movies for me when I was younger and I didn't see either of them until I was about 6 or 7. My Mom just constantly told me that they were 'really scary' and I never questioned that. The first Batman film I saw was Forever and Two-Face scared the heeby-jeebies out of me for the first five or ten minutes of his screentime (after which, I was all right).
Eventually, when I did see 89 and Returns, the usual stuff scared me, such as the Joker, all the Smilex scenes and of course, anything the Penguin did. But funnily enough, as I got older, I found other stuff scaring me more than before. I used to have nightmares about Carl Grissom and Bob The Goon when I was nine...:lol:

I wasn't ever a huge fan of the 90's Batman movies. The Timmverse cartoon was around so I had that to watch.

I wasn't ever a huge fan of the 90's Batman movies. The Timmverse cartoon was around so I had that to watch.

I really liked them and I still do, even though I recognise the huge flaws they have in them now. Actually, I don't really like Returns anymore. It's so un-Batman in terms of the amount of people he flat-out kills in the movie, not to mention the weird psychotic feel of the film. It's pretty much the movie that proved that Burton couldn't care less about Batman. He just likes making weird monster movies.

Batman Begins blows both of them out of the water. Especially Returns.

Re: Static-the Movie and Movies based on Milestone Characters

Why do you say that?

It could happen. I just don't think it's a product that people would want to turn into a film. I'd much rather see a Black Lightning movie (Jefferson Pierce is so cool).

Re: Static-the Movie and Movies based on Milestone Characters

It could happen. I just don't think it's a product that people would want to turn into a film. I'd much rather see a Black Lightning movie (Jefferson Pierce is so cool).

Black Lightning is a classic-that deserves a film.

Sorry that this makes it a bit confusing, but i didn't see any reason that the Milestone Comics movies thread shouldnt be merged with this one.

Latest posts

Back