Which is your favourite Star Wars film/incarnation?

Which is your favourite Star Wars film/incarnation?

• "Star Wars" (Original Theatrical Version)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • "The Empire Strikes Back" (Original Theatrical Version)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • "Return of the Jedi" (Original Theatrical Version)

• Episode IV: A New Hope

• Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace

• Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• The Clone Wars

• Star Wars Holiday Special

• Spaceballs

• Other

• Total voters
Reviving this thread after watching Star Trek and wanting to rewatch the original trilogy...

While I do agree with the "Han shoots first" crowd I think a bigger, more annoying problem is the fact that at the end of the new version of Return of the Jedi, young Anakin is standing there with old Yoda and old Obi-Wan! **** that ****! Inconsistent crap like that annoys the **** out of me and I think it is worse than the Greedo shoots first debate.

Other than those things, I think I'm pretty much fine with the later versions (the only ones I have).

Not only young Anakin BUT young Anakin in clothes he never wore! But yes I've said before the scene looks good no denying that it makes no sense and irritates me so much.

While I do agree with the "Han shoots first" crowd I think a bigger, more annoying problem is the fact that at the end of the new version of Return of the Jedi, young Anakin is standing there with old Yoda and old Obi-Wan! **** that ****! Inconsistent crap like that annoys the **** out of me and I think it is worse than the Greedo shoots first debate.

Other than those things, I think I'm pretty much fine with the later versions (the only ones I have).

Same here on both counts. I prefer the updated versions, actually.

Except for friggin' Hayden Christianson. There is no point there. The only argument I've ever heard that he should be there is because that was before he turned to the dark side, but at the end of Return of the Jedi he turns from the Dark Side. He's a good guy when he dies.

And who cares if his arms and legs were gone? It's a ghost.

I completely agree, I don't mind cleaning up visuals or adding new scenes, but when you change it to fit you crappy prequels, that pisses me off. Ruins the ending.

but when you change it to fit you crappy prequels, that pisses me off. Ruins the ending.

BINGO!

I love star wars I really do, However Lucas ****ed up IMO. The PT should have been made to fit the OT not the other way around. That's bad film making and bad story telling IMO.

The other day my friends and I got into a conversation about the best Star Wars movie. Naturally, I said the Empire Strikes Back. One of them said that the Attack of the Clones was the best movie out of all of them. Needless to say, I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

The other day my friends and I got into a conversation about the best Star Wars movie. Naturally, I said the Empire Strikes Back. One of them said that the Attack of the Clones was the best movie out of all of them. Needless to say, I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

I've said it before but I'm an unabashed Star Wars geek and I loved the prequels, warts and all. But Attack of the Clones was easily the weakest Star Wars product ever created.

I've said it before but I'm an unabashed Star Wars geek and I loved the prequels, warts and all. But Attack of the Clones was easily the weakest Star Wars product ever created.

The holiday special notwithstanding. :D

I've never seen it. I'm afraid to.

"Introducing Jefferson Starship!"

I've only seen the trailer which was bad enough. Luke had so much make up on he looked plastic. And Chewbacca's family were ****ing terrifying. His mother was wearing lipstick.

But Attack of the Clones was easily the weakest Star Wars product ever created.

I beg to differ. When you have :

• Ewoks : Caravan of Courage
  • Ewoks : The Battle for Endor
  • Star wars Holiday special
  • Star wars Clone wars (new series movie)

I could go into other things like games e.g Masters of Teräs Käsi. It's not even the weakest of the 6 main films that is TPM (maybe even ROTJ)

Out of the 6 movies it is definitely the weakest.

Again I'll disagree 100% with that. While it is weak it's no where near as weak as Episode 1.

Episode 1 :
  • Horrible Horrible dialogue even for star wars. E.g "Are you an angel? I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the moons of Iego, I think. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe" I'm sorry but that is the most cringe worthy line in star wars.
  • A complete waste of a character - Darth Maul. In episode 1 he has hardly any personality or any backstory. In the EU they give him a great backstory but it was missed opportunity for film.
  • Jar Jar - No not in the way that "Oh it's Jar Jar so he sucks" but he gets way too much screen time. He delivers nothing but slapstick humour and toilet humour basically (E.g randomly seen stepping in animal **** for no reason) That type of humour has very little place in star wars.

Look at original films. The humour from C-3PO and R2-D2 stems from back and forth banter that gives the droids great personality. Now Imagine how different episode IV would have been if they were just basicly stepping on rakes and farting.

• The PodRace. There are 2 problems with scene. 1st it drags on and on while cool it gets to the point of "oh god is this still going?" 2nd The Tusken Raiders Shooting at and getting the Pod races. May I take you back to Episode IV, "these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise" Yet they can shoot a pod going 200mph?

• The Tusken Raiders brings me to my next point. Unneeded continuity errors. While 2 and 3 had them it was not as much as 1 (and I'm talking movie continuity right now and ignoring the EU mistakes they created.)

• Jake Lloyd - Could they have found a more annoying child actor than him? I highly doubt it. His "woo hoos" and more were just :roll: He showed no emotion at all. Now I'm not saying star wars should have A-list actors but come on he was just a mistake.
  • Accidents - Besides Maul's death ALL the main victories came from accidents. Anakin accidentally flying the ship, Jar Jar taking out droids with slapstick.
  • Midi-chlorians - 'Nuff said.
  • Yodas voice - It sounded so off. Like Frank Oz had forgotten how to do it. It sounded more yoda like in II and III but I it was just off.

I could go on and on about what is wrong with that movie. But i shall not as my point is not to anger anyone who likes Episode I but rather just saying it's worse than II a lot.

Last edited:
While I am by no means saying that I think Episode I was good, I think Episode II is worse. I haven't seen either of them in a while, so I'm not going to be able to debate the merits of one over the other, but I remember thinking that at least in Episode I stuff was going on. I never really cared about Episode II. It was just kinda...blah. It's a toss up when it comes to which one was worse.

While I am by no means saying that I think Episode I was good, I think Episode II is worse. I haven't seen either of them in a while, so I'm not going to be able to debate the merits of one over the other, but I remember thinking that at least in Episode I stuff was going on. I never really cared about Episode II. It was just kinda...blah. It's a toss up when it comes to which one was worse.

That's cool. I like Episode II more as I feel Episode I could have just been summed up in II's opening scrool to explain anything needed. There wasn't anything in I important to the overall story other than "Anakin met Padme" "Anakin left to become jedi" both of which could have been covered in scroll.

Where as II while not that strong was very important to overall story (as well as been better film IMO) Like anakin slaughtering Tusken Raiders, The romance with Padme. The creation of the clone army, Palpatine getting into power and more. While it had it's fault it at least at that going for it.

But I think it all comes down to personal opinion maybe. But IMO the worst = I , Next worse = VI then it's II

Latest posts

Back