Which One Should I Get?

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
When I bought V for Vendetta, my lcs gave me a coupon for twenty percent off another Alan Moore trade. My choices are:

DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore
League of Extraordinary Gentleman
Promethea
Supreme
Swamp Thing
Terra Firma
Tomorrow Stories
Tom Strong
Top Ten
Watchmen

I've narrowed it down to the first volume of League of Extraordinary Gentleman, the first volume of Promethea, or the DC Universe trade. What should I get?

SUGGEST!!!

If you don't have Watchmen, you need to buy it.

Seriously.

But if you want me to pick out of the ones you narrowed down to, then go LoEG.

Last edited:
moonmaster said:
When I bought V for Vendetta, my lcs gave me a coupon for twenty percent off another Alan Moore trade. My choices are:

DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore
League of Extraordinary Gentleman
Promethea
Supreme
Swamp Thing
Terra Firma
Tomorrow Stories
Tom Strong
Top Ten
Watchmen

I've narrowed it down to the first volume of League of Extraordinary Gentleman, the first volume of Promethea, or the DC Universe trade. What should I get?

SUGGEST!!!

Wish I could help. I'm getting watchman with my V trade. Let me know how they are.

Definately get the DC universe trade. It has my fav superman story ever in it: "For the Man who has everything". Plus you can't go wrong with "The Killing Joke".

Actually I decided I'm not getting the DC Universe one. The others are cheaper.:D People really seem to like LoEG, but the concept behind Promethea interests me a lot more. I'm leaning towards LoEG, though.

Why do people insist the LoEG is good? I read it and it was okay, nothing spectacular. The second volume just killed it for me though, that was pure crap.

But Houde, every character was from a story except Champion Bond.

Oh really? That's nice, the story is still bollucks. If tyou do get this, DON'T get the second volume, it's crap

Ultimate Houde said:
Why do people insist the LoEG is good? I read it and it was okay, nothing spectacular. The second volume just killed it for me though, that was pure crap.

But Houde, every character was from a story except Champion Bond.

Oh really? That's nice, the story is still bollucks. If tyou do get this, DON'T get the second volume, it's crap

You don't like Infinite Crisis. What do you know?

Nurhachi said:
I wasnt that impressed with Watchmen. Supreme Power is much much better

But. . .Moore didn't write Supreme Power.

Last edited:
Ultxon said:
Definately get the DC universe trade. It has my fav superman story ever in it: "For the Man who has everything". Plus you can't go wrong with "The Killing Joke".
Yeah, I liked the backup stories along with those two and "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" But Mooney, I agree with Lynx in getting Watchmen. Of the ones you pointed out, however, I only have the DC Universe trade, so I can't really suggest it as opposed to the other two.

I'm pretty sure you said you had Watchmen, so I don't know why that's on the list.

But, out of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (the acronym is reserved for the horrible movie), and Promethea, I think you should try The League first. You should like the first volume, but the second one isn't as good. I've read the first volume of Promethea, and the story is weirder, but the art rocks.

So, yes, I think you should try League first.

You know I'm with Houde. Leauge was just so so in my opinion. I think you should go with Swamp Thing myself. Moore's Swamp Thing run is probably my favorite of his mainstream work. If you're dead set against it them go with Promethea. I've got the first two books of them and greatly enjoyed them. Not sure why I haven't picked any more up....

PS: Almost everything in this thread except for supreme is a DC imprint book. Hint hint.

Last edited:
I tried to get into Swamp Thing, but the art put me off.

ProjectX2 said:
I tried to get into Swamp Thing, but the art put me off.
You know whats beautiful? The Vertigo Essentials/Titans Books TPB Black and white copies of Swamp Thing. The linework is amazingly complex. Coloring the book practicly ruined it.

Promethea.

But I'm still waiting for the 5th TPB. :(

Promethea is amazing. But the entire ABC line is great. I particularly enjoyed Top 10, and Tom Strong is a real lot of fun. League is a riot.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them to be honest. :)

Ultimate Houde said:
Yeah, well, I tried to get into you, then the smell put me off

Yeah, well I declined following you, and I was right, because you got hit by a truck that was being driven by The Watcher.

Latest posts

Back