Which Soldier of Victory is going to die?

• The Shining Knight

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • The Guardian

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Zatanna

• Klarion

• I don't buy this book because I'm a terrible human being

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I don't buy this book because I've seen through my foolishness

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
I hope it's Klarion, i hate that kid...don't know why.. I like his cat though...

The Guardian and Zatanna were so col, i don't want to see them killed...

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I hope it's Klarion, i hate that kid...don't know why.. I like his cat though...

The Guardian and Zatanna were so col, i don't want to see them killed...

Hrm... you see, I like Klarion...

I dont know why, but he's an ******* and a powerful *******, and Teekl just kicks much butt

Some clues about which Soldier will die:

from Zatanna # 3

Zatanna, talking to Ali-Ka-Zoom about Misty: "Ali, if anything happens to her, it's my fault and her mother will probably kill me."

Ali, to Zatanna: "This is a ghost story"

from Klarion #1

Klarion: "One day they will bury us too."

Another possible clue... this excerpt comes from the Wikipedia entry about the *original* Seven Soldiers:

During the celebration of the 100th meeting of the JLA, the team was summoned to Earth-Two by the Justice Society, where a giant ethereal hand controlled by the Iron Hand threatened to destroy their world. The only way to stop the hand was to find the legendary Seven Soldiers of Victory, who defeated a similar menace in the form of the Nebula Man many years previously, though at the seeming cost of their existences, since no one could remember who they were. An unearthly Oracle revealed to the JLA and the JSA that the Seven Soldiers had been scattered through time, and the multitude of heroes were sent back to find them.

Doctor Fate, the Atom and the Elongated Man found the Crimson Avenger in Mexico, where he had amnesia and believed he was the Aztec Sun God. Superman, Sandman and Metamorpho rescued the Shining Knight from the hordes of Genghis Khan. Hawkman, Doctor Mid-Nite, and the Golden Age Wonder Woman found Green Arrow (who had been mistaken for Robin Hood). Batman, Hourman and Starman retrieved Stripesy from ancient Egypt. Green Arrow, Black Canary and Johnny Thunder (and his Thunderbolt) saved The Vigilante from a tribe of Indians in the Old West. Aquaman, Wildcat and Green Lantern rescued the Star-Spangled Kid who was 50,000 years in the past. Zatanna, The Flash and the Red Tornado freed Speedy (and themselves) from the clutches of Circe in ancient Greece. The Golden Age Green Lantern, Mr. Terrific and the Golden Age Robin went on a quest to discover the identity of the Unknown Soldier of Victory, whose tomb lay in the mountains of Tibet, where the Seven Soldiers had fallen after defeating the Nebula Man.

The Seven Soldiers were reunited and created a new Nebula Rod to deal with the giant hand that the Iron Hand devised. Unfortunately, whoever used the Nebula Rod to destroy the Hand was certain to perish (as did the Crimson Avenger's partner Wing, revealed to be the Unknown Soldier of Victory, when the Nebula Man was stopped). While the heroes argued over who would sacrifice themselves, the android Red Tornado took the Nebula Rod and destroyed the Hand, apparently destroying himself in the process.
The idea of cycles and repitition is a big theme in Morrisson's event, and this particular storyline, involving death, reberith, and the "Nebula Man" has already been re-told three times(!) -- twice before the original Crisis, and once afterward. I'd say it contains hints about how -- and why -- a Soldier must die, if not the precise identity of that Soldier.

Well, I'm stupid, because it does indeed say that "A Soldier will die? Will it be [Soldier's Name]? Find out in Seven Soldiers #1!". Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Also, I'm disappointed. While I think you could read any mini without any of the others (the whole, "I dunno what this is" isn't relevant to the mini you're reading and thus, you don't need to know how it fits in - that's why they stand alone) Manhattan Guardian didn't in any way, shape, or form, end in a self-contained manner.

To make things worse, Shining Knight #4 and Miracle Man #1 pretty much made no sense at all. Sometimes I wish someone would slap Morrison and tell him to slow the **** down so I can understand what he's on about.

Sometimes I think his popularity is like modern art - a cult of personality based on intellectual bullying where everyone is too scared to say that the work is crap for fear of being branded stupid and unable to "get it".

Sometimes I think his popularity is well-earned.

At the moment, I'm disappointed.

Bass said:
Well, I'm stupid, because it does indeed say that "A Soldier will die? Will it be [Soldier's Name]? Find out in Seven Soldiers #1!". Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Also, I'm disappointed. While I think you could read any mini without any of the others (the whole, "I dunno what this is" isn't relevant to the mini you're reading and thus, you don't need to know how it fits in - that's why they stand alone) Manhattan Guardian didn't in any way, shape, or form, end in a self-contained manner.

To make things worse, Shining Knight #4 and Miracle Man #1 pretty much made no sense at all. Sometimes I wish someone would slap Morrison and tell him to slow the **** down so I can understand what he's on about.

Sometimes I think his popularity is like modern art - a cult of personality based on intellectual bullying where everyone is too scared to say that the work is crap for fear of being branded stupid and unable to "get it".

Sometimes I think his popularity is well-earned.

At the moment, I'm disappointed.
I had no problem with Mister Miracle #1. A few things had me scratching, but after a few pages they pulled together. Now as for Shining KNight.... Igh. My least favorite 7S so far.

I do wish he had slowed down in JLA: Classified.

Yeah, but it made sense in the end.

It just... sometimes Morrison forgets to write a beginning to his stories.

Latest posts

Back