• Scarlet Witch

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Hank Pym (as whoever)

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I think Pym is going to die and Quickie and Wanda will go back to the X-men. Black Widow will became a villain and Thor will be like Sentry in the New Avengers.

As a long-time Avengers fan, that last statement is so painful in so very many ways...

Millar did mention that the Ultimates are merely blueprints in V2. That statement is true with all the Union guys and stuff running around. Who said that Iron Man and Black Widow had to be Tony Stark and Natasha Romanov?

You guys are putting way too much stock in that one Loeb interview. I wouldn't count anything he said as far as who he's using. Marvel *WILL* lie to throw off spoilers and spec. Do I really need to bring up the fake Astonishing X-Men page by John Cassaday AGAIN? Too late, I already did.

I assume Ultimates 3: Red, White and Blue, as it's written by Loeb, will feature all of them, regardless of who dies, as it will be set in between Ultimates 1 and 2 as Captain America writes a letter to a dead girl he knew in the 40s.

UltimateE said:
You guys are putting way too much stock in that one Loeb interview. I wouldn't count anything he said as far as who he's using. Marvel *WILL* lie to throw off spoilers and spec. Do I really need to bring up the fake Astonishing X-Men page by John Cassaday AGAIN? Too late, I already did.
You're gonna bring it up every time now..... :roll:

But still, I don't agree with you. He didn't name everyone or anything. He named specific people. But that's just me.

UltimateE said:

These people putting too much stock into what people say in interviews?

Never...

Does anyone have the link for the interview with Loeb?

I don't place a lot of emphasis on the V3 character sketches that were released, because they could have been done as the artist trying to develop a new "look" based on current characters - not an exact design for characters he intended to use (since he probably doesn't have any scripts to work from yet), but more as a "if I were to use these characters, this is how I'd make them look."

But Loeb's comments in interview might be a different thing. I can see a writer lying to protect an in-process storyline - I'm pretty sure I've seen Bendis, Brubaker and a couple others flat-out deny something that I was positive was true - but that is somewhat different. Loeb doesn't NEED to lie, he didn't need to name characters, he could have kept it generic. I'd have to read the interview to see how much of it I thought was true.

Rhyo said:
I just listened to the entire "premium" interview download and there are absolutely NO character names mentioned, he goes out of his way not to give anything away...

Actually there was also a feature (in Wizard, I think) with some character sketches too. I forgot about that.

Bass said:
I assume Ultimates 3: Red, White and Blue, as it's written by Loeb, will feature all of them, regardless of who dies, as it will be set in between Ultimates 1 and 2 as Captain America writes a letter to a dead girl he knew in the 40s.

Wow...that is the nastiest thing ive ever heard, joke or not...Hopefully Tony will be back, but I dont care if Natasha comes back...maybe Jim Rhodes will finally show up, but that probably means Tony dies, blah blah blah

Bass said:

:lol:

Poor Gwen...

Latari's Fighter said:
Wow...that is the nastiest thing ive ever heard, joke or not...Hopefully Tony will be back, but I dont care if Natasha comes back...maybe Jim Rhodes will finally show up, but that probably means Tony dies, blah blah blah

Technically he showed up in UMTU #4-5, but hasn't been seen since (well except for the UIM mini, but I'm speaking chronologically).

Maybe Hank will feel guilty of his helping the invasion force and bring in the Defenders who will get wiped out.:lol:

Latest posts

Back