Who is the worst parent in comics?

The Overlord

Who is the absolute worst parent in comics?

Personally I gotta go with Der Red Skull, he almost killed his daughter at birth and then spent the rest of her life tormenting her, because he is an sexist A-hole. He makes Norman Osborn look like father of the year.

Thomas and Martha Wayne.

What kind of dumbasses take a shortcut with their son at 11 o'clock at night through "Crime Alley" in Gotham City?

Last edited:
Jeph Loeb

Not really because of his parenting (his son died of cancer you know)

Just because he's a horrible horrible person

Professor Xavier, just look at Proteus and Legion.

Thomas and Martha Wayne.

What kind of dumbasses take a shortcut with their son at 11 o'clock at night through "Crime Alley" in Gotham City?

Martha Wayne: "B-but we thought 'Crime Alley' was just a name!"

Joe Chill: "It is, this place is actually a caul de sac." GLOCK! GLOCK!

I gotta disagree, I think the Skull is worse, Ultimate Norm didn't try to kill his son at birth and Harry had more of a normal life then Sin.

Heck I would say even David Cain is a worse father then Ultimate Norm.

I don't even think Norm is the worse father in the UU, I think Magneto is worse.

Last edited:
Brian Banner, the Hulks dad.
Didn't he do all sorts of negligent and abusing things to his son to cause many, if not the bases of, Bruces mental and emotional problems....

Let's say... The father accidentally turns his son's best friend into Spider-Man, yeah it's pure luck yet it happened, and Osborn is responsible for that.Tries to kill his son's best friend firstly by a hitman, then as the abomination named Green Goblin, during that throws his son's ex-girlfriend (at least a girl he kissed and fell in love with) off the bridge! Nice beggining, eh??

By the way, the father's experiment somehow affects the son too.And he gets the potential to turn into another abomination named Hobgoblin, luckily the father finds a way to get rid of that situation, yet he leaves an open door (cellar door thing) so that he can use the Hobgoblin when needed...

Then he tries to kill the boy's best friend in front of his eyes.The father ends up being stabbed by his own son, how many fathers do you know that can force his son to that edge?....The father gets captured by some armed men stronger than the army, the boy is also taken by these guys just incase he becomes a threat too, spends years away from his social life and everything right after he found out his best friend is spider-man and is shagging his ex-girlfriend...

Not enough??

The father tries to blow the White House, somehow with the son's best friend.The son is thrown infront of him by the armed guys stronger than the army... Imagine being the son of a man who tries to blow the White House, such a shame...

Still not enough??

The boy somehow finds out about the cellar door thing, asks help from his best friend, ends up turning a huge part of the city into ruins and being captured by the same armed men just like his father...why? because his father didn't stop it when he had the chance....

And finally...

The last time they meet, the father kills his very own son with his bare hands, as the green goblin...

So, I guess noone can ever beat Ultimate Norman Osborn as the worst father ever...He doesn't only kill his own son, he somehow tortures every aspect of his life...

Last edited:
Bruce Wayne

you couldn't ruin juz one child's life, you had ruin 3 or 6.... I lost track of all the kids hes adopted into the 'crime fighting' realm, and then ****s them up for life.

If that's not a sign of a bad parent then what is?

same goes for Clark Kent.

Last edited:
Peter Parker

He abandonned Richie Parker in the House of M universe just to join-in on the mass revenge on the Scarlet Witch

not to mention not even bothering to check on May Parker after she was born and announced as still-born or whatever, only to have the baby carted off into another room suspiciously

Let's say... The father accidentally turns his son's best friend into Spider-Man, yeah it's pure luck yet it happened, and Osborn is responsible for that.Tries to kill his son's best friend firstly by a hitman, then as the abomination named Green Goblin, during that throws his son's ex-girlfriend (at least a girl he kissed and fell in love with) off the bridge! Nice beggining, eh??

By the way, the father's experiment somehow affects the son too.And he gets the potential to turn into another abomination named Hobgoblin, luckily the father finds a way to get rid of that situation, yet he leaves an open door (cellar door thing) so that he can use the Hobgoblin when needed...

Then he tries to kill the boy's best friend in front of his eyes.The father ends up being stabbed by his own son, how many fathers do you know that can force his son to that edge?....The father gets captured by some armed men stronger than the army, the boy is also taken by these guys just incase he becomes a threat too, spends years away from his social life and everything right after he found out his best friend is spider-man and is shagging his ex-girlfriend...

Not enough??

The father tries to blow the White House, somehow with the son's best friend.The son is thrown infront of him by the armed guys stronger than the army... Imagine being the son of a man who tries to blow the White House, such a shame...

Still not enough??

The boy somehow finds out about the cellar door thing, asks help from his best friend, ends up turning a huge part of the city into ruins and being captured by the same armed men just like his father...why? because his father didn't stop it when he had the chance....

And finally...

The last time they meet, the father kills his very own son with his bare hands, as the green goblin...

So, I guess noone can ever beat Ultimate Norman Osborn as the worst father ever...He doesn't only kill his own son, he somehow tortures every aspect of his life...

How is that worse then red skull who tried kill his daughter at birth, tormented his daughter from birth (Harry has a far more normal life then Sin). Red Skull didn't let Sin go to school at all, didn't let her have a social life at all and the Skull mind raped her too and performed dangerous experiments on her. Norm actually felt bad when he killed Harry, when Sin was injured doing a mission for the skull, the Skull thought it was amusing and laughed, the only reason the Skull doesn't kill Synthia, is because he enjoys tormenting her.

The fact that harry had social life, was allowed to go to school, was allowed to have friends and Norm feeling bad when he killed him fit of rage makes him a better father then the Skull. Skull didn't let Synthia have any of those things, ever. Not to mention the Skull allows his underage daughter to date Crossbones, a brutal psychopath with a history of abusing women. Not only is the skull cruel and sadistic with his child, he is also extremely uncaring, if she died, he would not care, at least Norm cared when he killed his son. Sometimes when Synthia failed a mission, the Skull would strike her and say he should have killed her at birth.

If Norm tried kill Harry as a baby, then he would the Skull equal when it comes to bad parenting, but since he didn't its not even close.

Last edited:
Well Red Skull is pure evil.And I accept he is the worst after reading your lines.touche.
Yet, Norm has a certain awful side to himself.

Eventhough, he let Harry has a lot of things Normie always finds a way to ruin his life.Feeling guilt after that doesn't change anything.He is a crazy person, his moods doesn't count... The lines following these were so much fun while writing I couldn't stop.Yet I guess I have to accept the oscar goes to the Red Skull ;)

Dad I have a girlfriend... oh son, I'll just throw her off a bridge...
Dad I have a best friend... oh son, I turned him into Spider-Man...
Dad, I said I have a best friend... ok, I'll just attack him countless times...
Dad I go to school too... oh, forgot about that, I'll just assault your school and throw fireballs all around it...
Dad, where's my mother... oh, I just killed her with my fireballs...
Dad, where's my mother... don't be so pushy, let's hypnotise you...
Dad, why are you so green? because your best friend irritates me...I'll kill him...
Dad, you are such an evil and crazy person I'll just kill you ((stabs his father with a huge metal thingie...))
Dad, oh god I killed you... Nick Fury: Take them away, both of them!

...A few months later...
Dad, what are you doing in front of the white house? I am conquering it son!
Dad, be reasonable... No... Ultimates, die! die! die!

...Another few months later...
Dad,I am turning yellow... Well I wasn't going to allow you to look as cool as I do...
Dad I'm going to school again... CELLAR DOOR!
Dad I did a lot of damage to the city... Don't worry son, Mr.Fury will take you somewhere I can reach...
Dad why are you fighting me? I am so evil son, I have to kill you!
Dad, you finally did it, you killed me... Can't say I didn't try...

Last edited:
Thomas and Martha Wayne.

:lol::lol:

Brian Banner, the Hulks dad.
Didn't he do all sorts of negligent and abusing things to his son to cause many, if not the bases of, Bruces mental and emotional problems....

This is a good choice. Peter David or whoever introduced Brian Banner basically made him the source of Bruce's anger.

Bruce Wayne

you couldn't ruin juz one child's life, you had ruin 3 or 6.... I lost track of all the kids hes adopted into the 'crime fighting' realm, and then ****s them up for life.

If that's not a sign of a bad parent then what is?

Another good choice. I wouldn't have even thought of Bruce and all the Robins whose lives he put in danger.

Well Red Skull is pure evil.And I accept he is the worst after reading your lines.touche.
Yet, Norm has a certain awful side to himself.

Eventhough, he let Harry has a lot of things Normie always finds a way to ruin his life.Feeling guilt after that doesn't change anything.He is a crazy person, his moods doesn't count... The lines following these were so much fun while writing I couldn't stop.Yet I guess I have to accept the oscar goes to the Red Skull ;)

Dad I have a girlfriend... oh son, I'll just throw her off a bridge...
Dad I have a best friend... oh son, I turned him into Spider-Man...
Dad, I said I have a best friend... ok, I'll just attack him countless times...
Dad I go to school too... oh, forgot about that, I'll just assault your school and throw fireballs all around it...
Dad, where's my mother... oh, I just killed her with my fireballs...
Dad, where's my mother... don't be so pushy, let's hypnotise you...
Dad, why are you so green? because your best friend irritates me...I'll kill him...
Dad, you are such an evil and crazy person I'll just kill you ((stabs his father with a huge metal thingie...))
Dad, oh god I killed you... Nick Fury: Take them away, both of them!

...A few months later...
Dad, what are you doing in front of the white house? I am conquering it son!
Dad, be reasonable... No... Ultimates, die! die! die!

...Another few months later...
Dad,I am turning yellow... Well I wasn't going to allow you to look as cool as I do...
Dad I'm going to school again... CELLAR DOOR!
Dad I did a lot of damage to the city... Don't worry son, Mr.Fury will take you somewhere I can reach...
Dad why are you fighting me? I am so evil son, I have to kill you!
Dad, you finally did it, you killed me... Can't say I didn't try...

:lol:

Jeph Loeb

Just because he's a horrible horrible person

:lol:

Latest posts

Back