Lost Or Prison Break

• Lost

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Prison Break

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Desperate Housewifes....what?

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
When they revealed the bear and it looked sooooo damn cheap. Like someone threw a rug over a bush.

It wasn't that I was confused....I got everything that was going on. I was just disgusted.

I was like "OK! That's it. If you can't take this seriously enough to gimme something better than that---then I don't need to invest anymore time!"

Victor Von Doom said:
When they revealed the bear and it looked sooooo damn cheap. Like someone threw a rug over a bush.

It wasn't that I was confused....I got everything that was going on. I was just disgusted.

I was like "OK! That's it. If you can't take this seriously enough to gimme something better than that---then I don't need to invest anymore time!"

So let me get this straight.... they make the Most Expensive Pilot in TV History, they pay an ensemble cast of sixteen people, they make sure every single moment, detail, and line of dialouge ties into an unforseen event down the road, and they're constantly flying crews and equipment in to shoot on-location in the Hawaiin wilderness....but one cheap-looking polar bear very early on in an absurdly expensive series that they didn't even know would last?

Yeah, they must not be taking any of it seriously. I'd rather go see John Tucker Must Die.:roll:

Planet-man said:
So let me get this straight.... they make the Most Expensive Pilot in TV History, they pay an ensemble cast of sixteen people, they make sure every single moment, detail, and line of dialouge ties into an unforseen event down the road, and they're constantly flying crews and equipment in to shoot on-location in the Hawaiin wilderness....but one cheap-looking polar bear very early on in an absurdly expensive series that they didn't even know would last?

Yeah, they must not be taking any of it seriously. I'd rather go see John Tucker Must Die.:roll:

Heaven forbid I have my own opinion about something and not like something. :roll:

Planet-man said:
And Heaven forbid you ever try to justify it.:wink:

But the thing is---I DID justify my opinion. I didn't say "I don't like it just because"....I said I didn't like it because "regardless of whatever they spent on a plane crash or cast...they cheaped on something and made no attempt to cover it up".

THAT is my justification.

:roll:

When trying to pick which one I like more I think about which season premiere I am/was more excited about and that is Lost. I don't try and figure out what makes me like it more. I just do.

You fools. It's only between these shows. Not what show is you're favorite.

24 be damned.

And I can't believe someone watched Desperate Housewifes and like it better.

You all bring shame to ultimate central.

Prisonbreak?

What's Prisonbreak?
ultimatedjf said:
Lost. In fact I'm just about to watch the Season 2 DVD set.
OMGWTF I JUS GOT IT 2!!!
Planet-Man said:
BURN.

thee great one said:
I just got mine too. :D

I just finished all of Disc 1, including the commentary, and I gotta tell ya, it's a hell of a lot better on DVD. When I watch it on ABC, the picture is terrible and the screen gets chopped off at the top and bottom (only about a cm but still); there are more ads then a 1 hour show should have (hence the show going overtime every week) and with Season 2, the scheduling was erratic. When I first saw the first four eps of S2 back in '05, I probably gave it a B at best. After seeing them all in a row, plus hearing the commentary where Carlton explains why the first 3 episodes have such a sluggish pace (so to speak; in LOST terms), I give Disc 1 an A. The one episode I have a lot of new appreciation for is "Everybody Hates Hugo." It definitely works better on a second viewing.

Fun Fact: In the Season 2 premier, when Mama Cass is blaring while Jack is in the main circular room in the hatch, listen carefully and you'll hear the very faint "Jack! Jack!" that Kate yells from the vents. It was so faint that even the subtitles don't have the line shown on screen for the hearing impaired.

ultimatedjf said:
I just finished all of Disc 1, including the commentary, and I gotta tell ya, it's a hell of a lot better on DVD. When I watch it on ABC, the picture is terrible and the screen gets chopped off at the top and bottom (only about a cm but still); there are more ads then a 1 hour show should have (hence the show going overtime every week) and with Season 2, the scheduling was erratic. When I first saw the first four eps of S2 back in '05, I probably gave it a B at best. After seeing them all in a row, plus hearing the commentary where Carlton explains why the first 3 episodes have such a sluggish pace (so to speak; in LOST terms), I give Disc 1 an A. The one episode I have a lot of new appreciation for is "Everybody Hates Hugo." It definitely works better on a second viewing.
Yeah, at the moment there's something wrong with my cable/tv, and CBS, NBC and ABC (Especially ABC) don't come in very well and sometimes not at all. I need to get it fixed before the new season. I ain't missin' one second of Season 3.

Planet-man said:
Same. Haven't watched any yet though, but I'll keep an ear out for what TGO said in the first scene.

Y'mean "for what djf said is in the first episode?" :wink:

moonmaster said:
Yeah, at the moment there's something wrong with my cable/tv, and CBS, NBC and ABC (Especially ABC) don't come in very well and sometimes not at all. I need to get it fixed before the new season. I ain't missin' one second of Season 3.

Good luck getting that fixed. But remember, if all else fails, you'll still be able to watch the episodes for free on ABC.com the day after each episode airs. I believe they're still going to do that.

Latest posts

Back