Who Would You Like To See Ultimized??

ngnot said:
I had similar thoughts about a good Ultron and posted it in the Ultimate Ultron Thread. I like the idea of flipping their roles, Vision would be a very tough villan.

Plus its appropriate that Ultron be an Ultimate, the names are like, matching and stuff.

I'm wanting to see Ultimate Luke Cage more and more right now... We need a hero like him to be a big character.

If the Defenders are only going to be in one issue he might only get a few speech bubbles.

I just poked my head into another thread, and saw Cloak and Dagger mentioned.
I had totally forgot about these two, would love to see them ultimised.
Though since they would target 'sinners', I think it would be cool if they were part of some militant right wing christian movement, really freakily religious minded.
This also adds that ambiguity of whether they are good guys or not too, doing whatever they need to in the name of god. I'd find that enjoyable to read.

Guijllons said:
I just poked my head into another thread, and saw Cloak and Dagger mentioned.
I had totally forgot about these two, would love to see them ultimised.
Though since they would target 'sinners', I think it would be cool if they were part of some militant right wing christian movement, really freakily religious minded.
This also adds that ambiguity of whether they are good guys or not too, doing whatever they need to in the name of god. I'd find that enjoyable to read.

I was never interested in these characters until I read that thread... good thinkin' Guij I'd totally buy that...

Its a very nice idea. Probably never happen because of the lawsuits but its a really interesting concept

I don't think that there would be any lawsuits really, I mean, the christian right in the US want to stop muggers, so will these guys, the christian right in the US want to stop rape victims get abortions, so will these guys. It's all very in tune with their thinking. And not putting them in a bad light.
(hmm, where was that evil grin smilie?)

What lawsuits? Unless specific groups were mentioned in a slanderous way they couldn't even get something filed. I'd think that they'd have something better to do with thier time and money, but we all know diffrent.

Guijllons said:
I mean, the christian right in the US want to stop muggers, so will these guys, the christian right in the US want to stop rape victims get abortions, so will these guys.

At the risk of turning this into a political thread, understand that not all "Christian right" people want to "stop" rape vicitms (or anyone else) from getting an abortion. There are plenty of people that are against abortion but understand that people are allowed to get them. Only the kooks try to physically stop people from getting them (or worse).

I know, and I don't think you were trying to stir anything up, just felt like it needed to be said. No harm no foul.

Sorry for that derailment - back to the subject at hand...

If the UU is an exaggeration of our own world, and the people in it are personifications of ideas. Then I think it would fit in quite well. The christian right are getting bold, and have power, and seem to be not meek about using that power.
As yet I don't think religion has really been brought into the books, but hey, we're looking forward to 'the son of satan' being introduced. that's gotta account for something, aside the fact that thor proclaims to be an asgardian god, and that perhaps (my theory), that the valkyrie character is little more than thors biggest fan, perhaps thors liberal views and and supposed heritage are having an effect on the youth of america. There would need to be a display of this boldness, a backlash from some organisation associated with that particular religious ground.
This said, i'm unsure as to whether cloak and dagger had an dealings with the avengers in the 616, so would it be apt to transpose these characters to this book, given that the outlay I have given is a more socio-political one, and that the ultimates is the most apt book in the line?

Honestly, they could show up in any of the Ultimate titles except FF. In 616, their powers came from a drug-serum thing. That makes them I&AGM so SHIELD's territory. They aren't really big enough for the Ultimates except on a political fallout scale. Spidey is a bit more likely but, to me, they don't FIT in spidey. Honestly, I'd prefer the simple explanation that they are mutants from a radical branch of the church that have devoted themselves to purifying humanity. That would fit best in X-men and would also allow a number of interesting possible character developements.

Caduceus said:
Honestly, they could show up in any of the Ultimate titles except FF. In 616, their powers came from a drug-serum thing. That makes them I&AGM so SHIELD's territory. They aren't really big enough for the Ultimates except on a political fallout scale. Spidey is a bit more likely but, to me, they don't FIT in spidey. Honestly, I'd prefer the simple explanation that they are mutants from a radical branch of the church that have devoted themselves to purifying humanity. That would fit best in X-men and would also allow a number of interesting possible character developements.

It would also give a Chance to introduce Rev. Stryker as he is in the 616 universe, someone who so right winged and Christian that he is actually trying to destroy the mutant race.

Remember how the religious right were in uproar when angel was introduced. And I'm sure they do see mutants as the work of the devil, or some other such nonsense. So if cloak and dagger were mutants this puts the idea on shaky ground. Though it's not unknown for such a group as them as to change their opinion to suit them. But if cloak and dagger were in it, I would hope that a better solution to them being mutants could be found. I don't know what it is yet. And there is always the risk of nudging them too far into frank castle territory.
And a rev stryker character yeah, hell, somebody is calling the shots right?

Dr.Strangefate said:
It would also give a Chance to introduce Rev. Stryker as he is in the 616 universe, someone who so right winged and Christian that he is actually trying to destroy the mutant race.

Yeah, he was a fascinating character. Not a huge fan of the movie version but the comic version was a great concept. In 616, He's in suspended animation with the Paul-Nanobot post X-treme X-men 35-40 odd after this massive debate with Kitty Pryde. That was a heavy storyline.

The other person i've been thinking about popping up eventually is Cassandra Nova... Not as the embodiment of a telepathic mind from a fetus that a conscious Xavier strangled to death in the womb, but as his honest-to-god Twin Sister.

The reason i'd like to have her brought up earlier rather than later is that 40 years after establishing a character, its rediculous to say he grew up with a sister, it's reasonable if they grew up together, and have the exact same powers.

That could work but, like you said, they would have to drop the Mummudrai nonsense

Caduceus said:
That could work but, like you said, they would have to drop the Mummudrai nonsense

That's actually why I think this needs to get done, because her character is a very interesting and a very powerful one, but if too much time passes, they'll explain Xavier's childhood, which may not include his twin sister.

If they need to, they'll use the crap explanation, but i think humanizing the character makes her all the more terrible.

Latest posts

Back