Votes: 2 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • none, UIM ruined it for me

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawkeye101

Marvel has already set up a poll that has closed, and wanted to know who we thought should have their own title after UIM?
I was just curious who you all thought.

If they are going to do a mini then have someone like Captain America.

If they are going to do a 'fifth' ongoing, then do someone new like Captain Marvel or someone similar.

I think alook at the Brotherhood would be very interesting, You could have the story take place at different points in there history, like the founding, the fall of Magneto, when Wanda and Pitroe where leading etc.

It also depends on who I'd want writing it...

On Captain America I'd want Millar, since it's his creation...

Punisher. I'm not even a big Punisher fan, but I think it's a crap Ultimization that could use some polishing up.

I'll say it again - I'd love it if in the Ultimate Universe a major character was not a 616 major character.

Captain Mahr-Vehl.

I just remember 2099 where the titles were Spider-Man, X-Men, Doom, Ravage, Punisher, and Ghost Rider.

No Avengers. No Fantastic Four. No Daredevil. No... well look! It's just ****ing weird. It felt like Marvel, but was very distinct.

Now, the Ultimate line has got all the major guys - I think giving a character like Mahr-Vehl his own title would make him huge in the UU (since it's so new) creating a strange contrast between him and his 616 counterpart.

But then, he probably won't make it out of Extinction alive - or he'll become Silver Surfer and give himself for Earth just like the Surfer did originally and leave forever or something.

I'd love to see Hulk in his own mini. No Wolverine, no Fury, no S.H.I.E.L.D. Just ultimize an old villain of his, say like Abomination for example.

Dr. Strange, hands down. I'd like to see him play a bigger role in the Ultimate Universe than he did in 616. In 616, it seemed like he was just taken for granted and that even though he was the only thing standing between us and total destruction day after day, he wasn't important. They should bring him to that higher status again.

My choice is Hawkeye, and I even have a story for him.

Eighteen year old Clinton Frances Barton is a slightly higher than average High Schooler growing up in Des Moines, Iowa. Not only does he balance a B average at school, he's in several martial arts courses as well as gymnastics. In his free time, he practices with his bow and arrows. Clint's mother is an alcoholoc and his father, is an ex-SHIELD agent who does nothing to stop his mother's drinking. So Clint had never made it a priority to get close to women (date and drop).

Until one day Laura Sanders transfers to Roosevelt (Clint's High School) from Kansas City, and is awe struck, not only by her beauty, but her intelect that he discovers in speech class. He asks to hang with her after school and she agrees saying she has nothing to do in such a boring state. Clint takes her to his gymnastics class and learns with her at his side that his team will be going to the finals for the American Olympic Male Gymnast Team.

In the weeks between when they first met and the trials for the winter olympics, They start dating, graduate and Clint shows Laura some defense fighting moves. Clint's team makes it to the Olypics after the trails, and as Clint and Laura leave the stadium, they are greeted by Nick Fury. Fury takes Clint to a mobile SHIELD base and tells Clint about his father and his grandfather were both SHIELD agents and had always hoped Clint would become one as well. Fury explains that he is extreamely impressed with Clint's fighting abilities, his agility, and his skills with the bow and arrow. And offer's him a job with SHIELD.

Clint's father encourages the young Clint to do it, and so Clint goes a head. Clint goes to the Olypics with his gymnast team and it goes down between him on the high bar and the austrailian gymnast on the high bar. As the two perform their best, Clint wins by a small margin. The austrailian refuses to shake Clint's hand. As Clint is given his gold medal, a strike force of Terrorists attack the three champions of gymnastics, and a plasma gernade blinds Clint.

SHIELD takes Clint into their custody, and Nick Fury gets a team to right to work on Clint's damaged eyes. Using SHIELD technology they place photoreceptors that act like targeting systems as well behind his eyes allowing Clint to see again. Fury, using technology he gained from a contract with Fenris, grafts an impulse net into Clint's arms, that coordinate with the targets in his eyes. Hoping the targets would work with guns, they find that it works better with a bow and arrow, since the impluse net affects the muscles when targeting. So SHIELD supplies Clint with a colorful cast of arrows. Since the project was called "Project Hawk Eyes" and Clint was from Iowa, the Hawkeye State, they decided his code name would be Hawkeye. Two weeks later the same terrorists attack teh SHILED moblie base and steal the only other targets and muscular impluse net.

Because the new implants required a great deal of cocentration to work at first, SHIELD investigated the attack. Sending Clint and Laura home. SHIELD came up with squat, so they rigged the summer Olympics and put Hawkeye in the archery section. Hoping to draw out the attcker from two years ago, Hawkeye made it publicly known that he would return to the winter Olympics to continue gymnastics as well. Late that night Laura is abducted before Hawkeye could get home from the archery contest and finds a note left by someone who calls himself Boomerang. Clint goes to the spot designated by Boomerang, a top a resident building and sees Bommerang, the Austrailian gymnast that he had beaten two years before, and he was pissed that Clint had not only found a way around the blindness, but had bettered himself because of it. So he had the only other suit stolen for himself to cancell out Clints abilities compared to him. Clint, armed with his bow and special SHIELD arrows quickly learns that Boomerang has done the same to his boomerangs.

The fight continues until Boomerang is down to one last bladed boomerang, and he takes off. Hawkeye follows. Boomerang goes straight to where he was keeping Laura. Bladed boomerang to her throaght, he threatens to kill her. Hawkeye is cautious, but when Laura fights to keep Boomerang's tight squeeze away from her belly, Boomerang figures out that she is pregnant, and Hawkeye absolutely flips and releases the arrow perposefully having it graze Boomerang's temple to get him to let go of Laura. Jumping forward, Hawkeye releases to more arrows, one in Boomerangs left arm and thigh. Hawkeye ditches the bow and knocks Boomerang out himself with his fists. Boomerang is taken to the states and placed in Rykers, since he's had the implants for several years, it would be impossible to remove them.

Hawkeye and Laura move to NYC so Hawk can be close to SHIELD headquarters, were baby Callum is born. And General Ross is intorduced to Hawkeye and the two contemplate the beginnings of the next super-soldiger program.

(questions, comments or sarcastic remakrs?)

I'm sorry, but that almost sounds like UIM. Card felt the need to explain Tony's intelligence when intellect is natural. Now Clint's skill with a bow and arrow need to be explained?

Hawkeye101 said:
My choice is Hawkeye, and I even have a story for him.

Eighteen year old Clinton Frances Barton is a slightly higher than average High Schooler growing up in Des Moines, Iowa. Not only does he balance a B average at school, he's in several martial arts courses as well as gymnastics. In his free time, he practices with his bow and arrows. Clint's mother is an alcoholoc and his father, is an ex-SHIELD agent who does nothing to stop his mother's drinking. So Clint had never made it a priority to get close to women (date and drop).

Until one day Laura Sanders transfers to Roosevelt (Clint's High School) from Kansas City, and is awe struck, not only by her beauty, but her intelect that he discovers in speech class. He asks to hang with her after school and she agrees saying she has nothing to do in such a boring state. Clint takes her to his gymnastics class and learns with her at his side that his team will be going to the finals for the American Olympic Male Gymnast Team.

In the weeks between when they first met and the trials for the winter olympics, They start dating, graduate and Clint shows Laura some defense fighting moves. Clint's team makes it to the Olypics after the trails, and as Clint and Laura leave the stadium, they are greeted by Nick Fury. Fury takes Clint to a mobile SHIELD base and tells Clint about his father and his grandfather were both SHIELD agents and had always hoped Clint would become one as well. Fury explains that he is extreamely impressed with Clint's fighting abilities, his agility, and his skills with the bow and arrow. And offer's him a job with SHIELD.

Clint's father encourages the young Clint to do it, and so Clint goes a head. Clint goes to the Olypics with his gymnast team and it goes down between him on the high bar and the austrailian gymnast on the high bar. As the two perform their best, Clint wins by a small margin. The austrailian refuses to shake Clint's hand. As Clint is given his gold medal, a strike force of Terrorists attack the three champions of gymnastics, and a plasma gernade blinds Clint.

SHIELD takes Clint into their custody, and Nick Fury gets a team to right to work on Clint's damaged eyes. Using SHIELD technology they place photoreceptors that act like targeting systems as well behind his eyes allowing Clint to see again. Fury, using technology he gained from a contract with Fenris, grafts an impulse net into Clint's arms, that coordinate with the targets in his eyes. Hoping the targets would work with guns, they find that it works better with a bow and arrow, since the impluse net affects the muscles when targeting. So SHIELD supplies Clint with a colorful cast of arrows. Since the project was called "Project Hawk Eyes" and Clint was from Iowa, the Hawkeye State, they decided his code name would be Hawkeye. Two weeks later the same terrorists attack teh SHILED moblie base and steal the only other targets and muscular impluse net.

Because the new implants required a great deal of cocentration to work at first, SHIELD investigated the attack. Sending Clint and Laura home. SHIELD came up with squat, so they rigged the summer Olympics and put Hawkeye in the archery section. Hoping to draw out the attcker from two years ago, Hawkeye made it publicly known that he would return to the winter Olympics to continue gymnastics as well. Late that night Laura is abducted before Hawkeye could get home from the archery contest and finds a note left by someone who calls himself Boomerang. Clint goes to the spot designated by Boomerang, a top a resident building and sees Bommerang, the Austrailian gymnast that he had beaten two years before, and he was pissed that Clint had not only found a way around the blindness, but had bettered himself because of it. So he had the only other suit stolen for himself to cancell out Clints abilities compared to him. Clint, armed with his bow and special SHIELD arrows quickly learns that Boomerang has done the same to his boomerangs.

The fight continues until Boomerang is down to one last bladed boomerang, and he takes off. Hawkeye follows. Boomerang goes straight to where he was keeping Laura. Bladed boomerang to her throaght, he threatens to kill her. Hawkeye is cautious, but when Laura fights to keep Boomerang's tight squeeze away from her belly, Boomerang figures out that she is pregnant, and Hawkeye absolutely flips and releases the arrow perposefully having it graze Boomerang's temple to get him to let go of Laura. Jumping forward, Hawkeye releases to more arrows, one in Boomerangs left arm and thigh. Hawkeye ditches the bow and knocks Boomerang out himself with his fists. Boomerang is taken to the states and placed in Rykers, since he's had the implants for several years, it would be impossible to remove them.

Hawkeye and Laura move to NYC so Hawk can be close to SHIELD headquarters, were baby Callum is born. And General Ross is intorduced to Hawkeye and the two contemplate the beginnings of the next super-soldiger program.

(questions, comments or sarcastic remakrs?)

DISCLAIMER: This post does not in any way reflect the thoughts or beliefs of Ultimate Central or its administrators.

UltimateE said:
DISCLAIMER: This post does not in any way reflect the thoughts or beliefs of Ultimate Central or its administrators.

You ever see those scenes from SNL when the cast does something funny and the whole skit shuts down because they can't help laughing.... well, yeah... what I'm trying to say is that's definitely the post of the day. :rockon:

Go on, give it to yourself, E.

thee great one said:
I want a Punisher followed by a Venom and Ghost Rider
EXACTLY. venom would be sweet, but it would happen right after the USM video game, or in between venom and the game. Dr. Strange might also be cool.

I'm all for a Cap origin story. From his creation until he gets frozen, I'd love it.

Hell, I'd die if it stayed Millar and Hitch doing it. Or even Millar and McNiven, like originally rumored.

Other than that. . .maybe a Thor mini. Or a better Iron Man mini (UIM is growing on me, but. . .STUPID HEALING FACTOR! STUPID BRAIN BODY! ARG!).

vintsukka said:
About Hawkeye's thing... Isn't gymnastics a summer Olympics sport? Or am I just stupid?

Maybe you're right, but it might be both, I thouight since that it was indoor, it was a winter sport, kinda like swimming.

Stll, I am a fan of the Hawkeye technology thing. If wizard prints my question and Millar/Bendis/Ellis answer it, we'll find out soon enough who's right.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back