Why areren't they making x-men 4?

a fan

if they can make a spider man 4 then why can't they make an x-men 4 it's made enough money and characters can always come back why do they have to make a wolverine or magnito movie and why not x-men 4. Even though I want to see both wolverine and magnito

a fan said:
if they can make a spider man 4 then why can't they make an x-men 4 it's made enough money and characters can always come back why do they have to make a wolverine or magnito movie and why not x-men 4. Even though I want to see both wolverine and magnito

They will, sadly:(

a fan said:

Both Wolverine & Magnito movies are set before the X-Men movie. As for why they may not do a X-4. Who knows, Its up to the Writer, Director, studio, and Marvel. They could do another one. They left an openning for it. But like I said its up to them.

TheManWithoutFear said:
A: Because X3 sucked.
There's no need for a B or C

Remember Spider-man 4 is NOT CONFIRMED its only been said that Sony wants to have 5 or 6 THAT'S ALL. If Spiderman 3 bombs than they probably wont continue. I bet their focusing on the three spin offs (third is unknown and probably wont come for a while) cause those have been in the works and are close to ready pre production, X4 they got nothing right now

TheManWithoutFear said:
A: Because X3 sucked.

Daredevil sucked more. 8)

"Hi, I Daredevil I hit people with my stick."
daredevil1.gif

Last edited:
As much as I hate to agree with the watcher... I'm inclined to agree.

X3 rocks! Eat it mutha****as!:rockon:

Seriously, X3 was better than Daredevil, but Daredevil certainly didn't suck. And I'm even talking about the theatrical, for I haven't seen the Director's Cut yet.

Besides, Daredevil is The Lord of the Rings compared to Ang Lee's Hu...Hul....H*passes out in disgust at the mere thought of the film*.

You can't argue that Daredevil was better than X3, you can argue that aspects of Daredevil (like the villains) vastly superceded X3, but then you might lose, because Magneto and Mystique were two of the best parts in the whole damn movie. (which was good, but Superman was better, but that doesn't matter)

And you do you really think film companies care about how good a movie is? Its all about revenue, and X3 is the current highest grossing movie of all time.

There will be more X-Movies, I assure you.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Its all about revenue, and X3 is the current highest grossing movie of all time.

What? Where are you finding this?

X3 is the current highest grossing movie of 2006, in the U.S. But that's about it. Worldwide, Da Vinci is #1 for '06.

Dr.Strangefate said:
it had the highest grossing opening weekend of all time, i meant to say
I think it was just the highest opening Memorial day weekend, but thats still no mean feat.

I think they could. They should just start over and use different actors and different stories. Then they could keep making X-Men trilogies into infinite. Ha! take that!

You also assume that Marvel is going to allow them to, and not try to take the rights back under the ME production company. If their agreement was for three movies and they made three movies, Marvel doesn't have to agree to let them do more.

But Marvel will, because Fox can afford fifty times the budget that their own studio can afford.

Seriously, they'd be idiots to try to fund the movie themselves, they'd have to make another distribution deal in the first place, but the truth is that they want realistic graphics for actually decent effects rather than Muppet Mutants.

Dr.Strangefate said:
But Marvel will, because Fox can afford fifty times the budget that their own studio can afford.

Seriously, they'd be idiots to try to fund the movie themselves, they'd have to make another distribution deal in the first place, but the truth is that they want realistic graphics for actually decent effects rather than Muppet Mutants.
I dunno, I heard that even some of the studio-side admin were pissy at the final cut of X-3 and so were the actors. It might make Marvel think twice about it...

Also, all they need to do is scrape up funds for the first one. Aren't they rather self-substaining?

none of their self-contained films are even out of pre-pre-production.

Most are still in conceptual stages.

And since Marvel isn't owned by a major company, like DC is, they don't have a through the roof budget.

Latest posts

Back