why do people love ultimate cap so?

wow. ask a simple question and look where it leads. :) glad to see all the responses.

looking forward to where this all headed. I think changes are a'coming for good old Cap. time will tell. heh, heh, heh

I like this cap because he's at least interesting. 616 Cap is duller than a rubber coated spoon. Writers don't write him to ever adapt to anything in the current time period. I half expect 616 Cap to take out civilians with cellphones cause they look like "Russkies". It's embarrasing. UCap is interesting to read, but he is like a tragedy, because you want to deep down see him fail. You want to see Achilles fall. Hercules to come undone. Cap to be humbled.

I just don't know how to do it and still maintain the characters dignity. Most tragedies end well for the hero regardless of his fall, because of a heroic death. I don't see Cap dying anytime soon.

They do? What tragedies have you been seeing? Hamlet, MacBeth, Falling Down... these guys don't get a heroic ending.

Trauma said:
Sorry, I meant Greek tragedies. Achilles, Hercules, Bellerophon, etc.
Oedipus...oh wait. Greek tragedies are notorius for their horrible endings, but there are a few exceptions.

TheManWithoutFear said:
If you read through the lives of these heroes, I don't think any of them have a happy ending.... I know Hercules doesn't.... he ended up ripping his own skin off.

Maybe he was hot.

TheManWithoutFear said:
If you read through the lives of these heroes, I don't think any of them have a happy ending.... I know Hercules doesn't.... he ended up ripping his own skin off.

Hercules still got a noble death and a happy ending. Remember, he only died when he had himself cremated alive and they gave him a hero's funeral. Afterwards he got to go to Olympus and live in glory as a god. Alot of heroes from the stories might not have gotten happy endings or deaths but they were noble, even Oedipus's (remember Oedipus at Colonus). Bellerophon and Achilles were both being punished when they died too, remember. Still, they were remembered as being heroes, just flawed (Achilles especially). While I don't know that Ultimate Cap is going too follow the STORY of a Greek tragedy (flaw, twist and fall) I do think he very much embodies the mold (strong, decent, but tragically flawed). Its a very interesting foil too 616 Cap who very much follows the mold of the flawless hero (more in the vein of Beowulf or Galahad).

why do people love ultimate cap so?

BECAUSE HE TRAINS AT THE ARCHONIS GYM!

95e833e8.jpg

Latest posts

Back