Why doesn't Superman have a ward?

There's been at least one continuity in the mainstream where Tim's dad was in some sort of coma/perpetual medical state. My only real experience with the Batman comic universe of the last ten years is Knightfall and it was like that there.

60 years later

Time was not a issue I was just pointing out another teenager doing it

Fredrik Martinsson said:
Well, in his case it was more luck than anything (if you don't go by the story from the JLU(?) episodes with him). But yes, he figured it out.

Agreed it was luck but still counts :lol:

Tim became Robin when he actually figured out that Bruce Wayne is Batman (something not many people, and especially not a teenager, have done) if I remember correctly.

And after Identity Crisis were Tim's dad was killed Bruce actually adopted Tim.

Jason Todd once had a good point that he would of never learned if Batman didn't allow him to.

Yeah, you can count Superboy and Supergirl, but they're not so much sidekicks, at least the way Robin is.

And I have a feeling that probably wouldn't work out, as Iceshadow pointed out.

"Alright, first day as my sidekick, huh? I'm sure this'll be the beginning of a great partnership. Now let's get down to business. I hear a bank robbery going on across the city, let's fly there and take care of it."

"Umm...I can't fly."

"Oh. Well, I suppose you can leap there, I just hope you can keep up."

"No, I don't think you understand, I'm an orphaned young acrobat, I don't have any superpowers."

"Oh, wow, really? You can't even turn into water or something gay like that?"

"No, I think that was one of the Wonder Twins. Couldn't you, like, teach me some stuff?"

"Uhhh, no, not really. Jesus, this is embarrassing."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Um, I guess you can go back to The Fortress of Solitude and just hang out for the rest of the day. There's some left-over pizza in the fridge and you can watch tv but don't order anything On Demand unless it's free."

:lol:

Why aren't you writing for Robot Chicken?

His dad never fell into a coma.

At first it was a Terry McGuiness type of thing, Tim was hired by Bruce for odd jobs, and Tim's Dad didn't mind, as long as Tim's school grades stayed up.

Tim's Dad was killed by Captain Boomerang during Identity Crisis, which was after the point Tim told his Dad he was Robin. Bruce then took him in after that.

In Robin: A Hero Reborn, Tim's Dad was certainly in a coma and he was living in Wayne Manor.

Latest posts

Back