Will Jeph Loeb Ever Top His Ulysses Heyday?

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
I know a lot of people have been giving Jeph Loeb a lot of flak for his work on Hulk and Ultimatum, but do you think he peaked when he wrote the modernist masterpiece Ulysses? Will he ever write anything that good again, or is it all downhill from here?

I thought Ultimates 3 was just as good as Ulysses.

Rob Liefeld was originally scheduled to draw Ulysses, but he was too busy wearing blue jeans so they decided to take all of the pictures out of it. If they hadn't, it probably would have been as good as Ultimates 3.

Man, I doubt it. The closest he's come since then is Finnegans Wake and that was just a total mess, totally out of continuity. I'm still not even sure how it tied into his Hulk run.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but...

Rob Liefeld was originally scheduled to draw Ulysses, but he was too busy wearing blue jeans

:lol:

Man, I doubt it. The closest he's come since then is Finnegans Wake and that was just a total mess, totally out of continuity. I'm still not even sure how it tied into his Hulk run.

It was masterful. How he managed to tie the last line into the first line and expect you to realize this in the beginning was great.

Little known tidbit, he co-wrote the book Animal Farm.

It all fits if you consider it the basis for the emotional constructs behind the color green.

That's because it doesn't. Finnegan's Wake was a MAX book, and therefore out of continuity.

Dr.Strangefate said:
It all fits if you consider it the basis for the emotional constructs behind the color green.

Hulk is
a metaphor for the Irish
?

That would make a lot of sense....

Last edited:
Same here, anyone have a synopsis for Ulysses? I can't find anything with that name by Loeb
There are a couple of guys in Dublin - Steve and this jewish guy named Leo - there's some jerking off and some hallucinations, etc.

That's about the gist of it.
Little known tidbit, he co-wrote the book Animal Farm.
I thought that was Grant Morrisson?
Hulk is
a metaphor for the Irish
?

That would make a lot of sense....
PERFECT sense

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back