Will marvel ever do ultimate maximum carnage?

a fan

I have been wondering ever since it was announced that marvel was ultimizing the clone saga, will they do an ultimate version of maximum carnage in the pages of USM?

Please, God, no.....

a fan said:
Since they are ultimizing the clone saga how about an ultimate scarlet spider mini?

Sounds like you're assuming that the Ultiamte Clone Saga is going to be the clone saga we know with the word "Ultimate" slapped on the cover...I wouldn't count on it.

But if it is...an Ultimate Scarlet Spider mini could be interesting.

Moved to the BS&I forum...usually when my first reaction to a post is "please God no" it's a good indicator it should be here. :wink:

Lithium said:
well, seeong as carnage is gone and probably for good, why screw up continuity even more??? please God, no...

There is at least one more batch of the goo that made up Carnage.

UltimateE said:
There is at least one more batch of the goo that made up Carnage.
yes, but seeing as ben reilly has it, and he is stated to be comng back with the ultimate clone saga, i dont see a carnage return in the cards right now.

Lithium said:
yes, but seeing as ben reilly has it, and he is stated to be comng back with the ultimate clone saga, i dont see a carnage return in the cards right now.

Well he's supposedly coming back in the video game (don't know if its confirmed yet or not but its rumored), so I would assume this would open the way for him to make a return in the comics. Besides, we know he'll return eventually.

If this is done, it has to be done right. The whole point of maximum carnage was to show the differences about good, evil, and the grey areas. It also showed Spiderman trying to justify the methods of Venom and being temped to join the grey area team.

If this arc happened, we would HAVE to have cletus kasady as carnage, with a few other psycho insane villains. I dont think we have any tho, maybe the Lizard, but thats about it.

As for the grey area, they'd of course need Venom. Who else tho....Punisher? Elektra? Black Cat? THE ULTIMATES!!!!

And the good team? Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Shang Chi

I dont know if this would turn out good, but if i saw it solicitated id definately be excited

Nurhachi said:
If this arc happened, we would HAVE to have cletus kasady as carnage, with a few other psycho insane villains. I dont think we have any tho, maybe the Lizard, but thats about it.

what about Greenn Goblin and Doc Ock??

Nurhachi said:
If this is done, it has to be done right. The whole point of maximum carnage was to show the differences about good, evil, and the grey areas. It also showed Spiderman trying to justify the methods of Venom and being temped to join the grey area team.

As for the grey area, they'd of course need Venom. Who else tho....Punisher? Elektra? Black Cat? THE ULTIMATES!!!!

And the good team? Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Shang Chi

I dont know if this would turn out good, but if i saw it solicitated id definately be excited

Should this happen I would like to see the Venom/Carnage adversary relationship explored. I don't necessarily think Kassady is a must for Carnage, though it might make it more interesting and at least provide a different motivation for the character.

Lithium said:
what about Greenn Goblin and Doc Ock??

Not psychotic enough. Kasady whose philosophy in Maximum Carnage is violence and chaos, for the sake of violence and chaos. He just wanted to kill and kill and kill. Doc Oc and GG are more into planning and actually having a point while Carnage is against planning and only believes in random lunacy.

DIrishB said:
Should this happen I would like to see the Venom/Carnage adversary relationship explored. I don't necessarily think Kassady is a must for Carnage, though it might make it more interesting and at least provide a different motivation for the character.

Youd definately need Kasady. The suit/blob thing wouldnt work here, you need the insanity and mind set of kasady for the main villain

Nurhachi said:
Youd definately need Kasady. The suit/blob thing wouldnt work here, you need the insanity and mind set of kasady for the main villain
I think Carnage's obsession would be enough to go on, he is trying to emulate the life of Peter's father by doing what comes naturally. So you can't kill a creature for doing what comes naturally, especially if its heart is essentially in the right place, right?

Guijllons said:
I think Carnage's obsession would be enough to go on, he is trying to emulate the life of Peter's father by doing what comes naturally. So you can't kill a creature for doing what comes naturally, especially if its heart is essentially in the right place, right?

I've killed raccoons for digging in my trash can and making a mess of my yard...so to answer your question, yes, at least I can kill a creature for doing what comes naturally, whatever place its heart it is in. But then again I'm an evil bastard.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
I've killed raccoons for digging in my trash can and making a mess of my yard...so to answer your question, yes, at least I can kill a creature for doing what comes naturally, whatever place its hard it is in. But then again I'm an evil bastard.
But you understand the point. Ultimate Carnage isn't necessarily evil, and that greyness could fit absolutely into this maximum carnage thing (not that I know any more about it than what i've read in this here thread.)

Latest posts

Back