Will there be a Vol. 3?

hey i also just re-read an issue of USM and Reed was mentioned on a flashback conversation between Ben and Richard Parker. Perter was like 7 or 8 i think. I wonder how that fits in

Well, I took it as, back then, Reed was a child prodigy who created the teleportation stuff that has been used as the focal point for the FF. Since Parker and Brock were both respected scientists, they followed him one way or another.

Back on topic now! :)

I know this is waaaaaaaay early to talk about, but who do you guys think the Ultimates will go at in the 3rd vol.?

I still have reason to believe that the Ultimates will take casualties in the upcoming arc, with the Hulk on trial and the team fighting Thor, Tony with his brain tumor, and Loki and the Chinese-Ultimates posing as possible threats, I say the only one guaranteed to come out on top is Cap. And Fury, of course.

Yeah, for sure... I am honestly thinking that Stark will bight it, Falcon will move in, and the other super teams will form together and become the Defenders who will all face Loki in the end. It'll be Millar time for sure after that!

I'd have to say I agree with Goodwill here. There's really not much to be done with Iron Man in the Ultimate universe, and don't get me wrong, I love Tony too, but anything short of a miracle won't be able to save Tony from his brain tumor. I hope he does pull through, but it's something the team may have to deal with during the coming conflicts.

You got it. Time has passed since we've last checked up on him and his condition, Ice, and things can change in that amount of time. Yes, he is getting a new suit, but do we know what will happen to him with it and if it will help? Iron Man's fate has yet to be written and it could go either way.

Yeahhhhh....... somehow, I HIGHLY doubt that GW.

I very highly doubt that as well. Like I said before, just because fans don't see any use for a character, well, doesn't mean anything. And Tony Stark of all people? A founding member, an extremely intelligent multi-billionaire? Lots of possibilities there.

Guys, guys... This is Millar we're talking about. Since when does he care about continuity and all that jazz? We've had this discussion a while ago... Besides, I've head various rumors going around that he will marry Black Widow only to lose his battle with cancer. I thought I read it on an interview with Millar, but I could be mistaken. We'll see, though.

Even if he does die, we can do a series with him in it. There's been tons of stuff left out of all of the Ultimates and Iron Man's past would be interesting, among other things.

Since when does he care about continuity and all that jazz?

Could you explain? The only continuity error I can think of in Ultimates was the mentioning the Fantastic Four in #2, and that wasn't out of continuity when that issue came out.

Millar had continuity problems with the Marvel Knights Spider-Man series... Ultimate X-Men was a little confusing from time to time... Etc.

Who knows, though, Millar is also one to surprise his fans. Iron Man could die regardless.

I dont think so. Just 'cuz he may not care about continuity or whatever, doesnt mean anything. I still say Tony's gonna stay alive. Major character like him dying? Don't see it happening.

Anything is possilbe. But for now, I'd say Tony's chances are looking slim. How did Millar mess up Marvel Knights Spiderman continuity?

I dont know. SO far, I say he's doing a hell of a job writing MK: Spider-Man. You guys should give it a try. There are some hell of a fight scenes that were spectacular.

There's a thread on it in Non-Ultimate Comics.

Joe Quesada had concerns with the Green Goblin appearance in the first issue. I guess there was some problems with him actually flying around without explanation as to how he got out of jail or whatever, I dunno, I just remember there being a slight conflict there.

Ahhh, come on. Does it matter THAT much? They almost always find a way. But to me, it doesnt matter. Good story equals good comic (to me at least).

Latest posts

Back