Will you buy the variant covers for Ultimates 2 #7-12?

Will you buy the variant covers for Ultimates 2 #7-12?

• I will buy them regardless of who draws them.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I will only buy them if Hitch draws them.

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I will only buy the ones I think look good.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I will not buy any of them.

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters

E

Excelsior Club
Mark Millar has announced that there will be variant covers for Ultimates 2 #7-12, but it has not been decided if they would be by Bryan Hitch or someone else. Will you buy them?

Hell NO! they still the same comic. Why would you want two of the same comic?

Last edited:
Ill buy them. I would like to see other artists drawing the Ultimates.

I never buy multiple covers cause it's pointless unless your a major collecter, but I only get comics for the entertainment instead of value. I always pick the best one and buy it. I am going to pick up both covers for Jim Lee's Superman #215 cause the atrwork is incredible. I will only get them if they are really fancy.

Nurhachi said:
Hell NO! they still the same comic. Why would you want too of the same comic?
Well, some people want TWO (;)) of the same comic, because:

1.) Their collectors.

2.) The variant covers usually sell more than the original covers.

icemastertron said:
Well, some people want TWO (;)) of the same comic, because:

1.) Their collectors.

I spose

icemastertron said:
2.) The variant covers usually sell more than the original covers.

Then why not just get the variant?

I've never bought two issues of the same comic of my life based on the cover. Frankly, I find it quite ridiculous.
I'll buy one copy. And if there is a choice of a Hitch one, or another, I'd buy Hitch.

UltimateE said:
Mark Millar has announced that there will be variant covers for Ultimates 2 #7-12, but it has not been decided if they would be by Bryan Hitch or someone else. Will you buy them?
Depends on which one looks cooler. Hopefully they'll be released simultaneously, or we'll at least be able to see them before release so I can decided which. I just hope it's not like the Phoenix: Endsong variants, like the new #3 variant which swapped out Dark Phoenix for Phoenix and left Logan in black and white. That's just pathetic. If you're going to try and sell us a variant cover, it should be more than the digital color guy just flopping layers around in Photoshop and puking it back out again.

Hitch is good, but he's not the end all and be all of comic book art. What if they pull someone huge out of their art pool to do these? Romita Jr, or Larroca, or maybe one of the Young Guns?

jtg3885 said:
Hitch is good, but he's not the end all and be all of comic book art. What if they pull someone huge out of their art pool to do these? Romita Jr, or Larroca, or maybe one of the Young Guns?
Yup, I totally agree. Those guys are very good.

My only deal is the standardisation. There are better artists than hitch about, he has his flaws. I just would like to see a running artistic theme throughout the entire of Millars run.

Guijllons said:
My only deal is the standardisation. There are better artists than hitch about, he has his flaws. I just would like to see a running artistic theme throughout the entire of Millars run.
And so you can pick up the original covers instead of the variant ones. The worst it'll probably do is mean there are an extra six pages in the GTA TPB and U2 HC to include the variant covers. Or the covers side-by-side or back-to-back at the beginning of each issue in the collected versions. Probably the latter if they do go with Hitch for both sets of covers, and the former if they bring in outside help, because of Millar's comment about 'tainting' the collected versions with non-Hitch art.

I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy IT HUTS!
I'm too sexy for my car, too sexy for my car, too sexy by faaaaaaaaar....

I said NO! just because if i like the artwork then I'll just buy the poster. That said if there were any indivisuals who may want to have one then I'd be more than willing to get a variant or two [my store gets all those limited edtion covers and never seem to run out].

Latest posts

Back