Windows Vista

Ok I'm thinking of getting a new pc soon and everywhere is selling vista.

I wanted to know what are the anti-piracy things in it? and how well do programs like firefox work on it?

bare in mind its me asking and I'm not that bright and don't understand much computer lingo .

Apparently Vista eats memory like a *****. And it's got lots of autonomous controls to it - it will, for example, not allow output to two devices (such as your monitor and your tv) and it checks for licenses to make sure you're not pirating software - these two things are done automatically, without your decision and apparently, can't be overriden. Not only that, but there's lots of holes in Vista's security.

And it can't play games like City of Heroes.

All in all, my friends who are big pc buffs (more so than I) think Vista is horrible.

I trust their advice. XP I stay with.

All in all, my friends who are big pc buffs (more so than I) think Vista is horrible.

I trust their advice. XP I stay with.
I was going to say the same thing.

Forget about it, SSJmole. Just say no to Vista.

yeah problem is new pc's have vista. this pc is old and needs replacement. So I have to buy a new pc.

Some features to it looked great

- 3d windows

- built in dvd creator out of the box

and much more.

But the piracy thing is annoying me because if I download movies or music Microsoft can stop them working.

the games thing is not that bad as i don't play many pc games and the new ones will have it soon.

How bad does it eat memory on a new pc with it auto installed?

What do you mean autonomous controls?

I meant things like if you play a dvd and select to play on your tv, it'll shut down your monitor and dvdwriter and what not. Basically, it will take control of your system in such a way as to prevent you copying (that's what I was told).

Can't you upgrade your pc rather than buying a new one? Surely that would be cheaper.

I meant things like if you play a dvd and select to play on your tv, it'll shut down your monitor and dvdwriter and what not. Basically, it will take control of your system in such a way as to prevent you copying (that's what I was told).

Can't you upgrade your pc rather than buying a new one? Surely that would be cheaper.

would but new one is seriously messed up. it freezes alot and everything. The motherboads going and more faults. Estimated fixing price is £800 i can buy a new pc for that.

I concur.

Pre-built systems are never as good as they could be if you just custom install each component piece by piece.

Also, are you saying there's no option to buy a new PC without Vista? If so, that's ****ed up. Our computer purchases are a hell of a lot more democratic than that where I come from.

Last edited:
I concur.

Pre-built systems are never as good as they could be if you just custom install each component piece by piece.

Also, are you saying there's no option to buy a new PC without Vista? If so, that's ****ed up. Our computer purchases are a hell of a lot more democratic than that where I come from.

yeah all pre-built have vista , even Dell that build it for you i looked at them and .... vista!

but i'll admit besides one or two little things vista does look cool as hell

Just finished building a laptop and installing Vista. The OS runs very nicely...so far I haven't noticed any of the problems that other people seem to be experiencing. Has anyone tried to dual boot it with Linux? I'm considering to try and install kororaa.

Just finished building a laptop and installing Vista. The OS runs very nicely...so far I haven't noticed any of the problems that other people seem to be experiencing. Has anyone tried to dual boot it with Linux? I'm considering to try and install kororaa.

Which view did you use? I saw a picture of the diffrent views like classic , 3d ect... I have to say the 3d windows things like this

I have to say this mode looks awesome

and it checks for licenses to make sure you're not pirating software - these two things are done automatically, without your decision and apparently, can't be overriden.

Proof of this?

Vista gave me herpes

My next computer is going to a MAC, I'm done with Windows

They make good laptops?

No.

And if you read through the license agreement for itunes, it says that you agree to not use itunes to build or design nuclear or chemical weapons. Communists.

Latest posts

Back