Wizard 'sheds light' on Ultimate Vision; Michael Turner on covers.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As reported in November 2005's issue of Wizard Magazine, they shed some light on Ultimate Vision, talking a bit about how the short stories came to be, as well as revealing that Michael Turner will be doing the covers for the back story.

While the Ultimate Universe gears up for possible extinction in the near future, Mark Millar eyes a Vision of the past. This November, the Ultimates 2 scribe re-teams with Wolverine collaborator John Romita JR. to herald the origin story of Ultimate Vision, the doomsaying andriod first introduced in the pages of Ultimate Nightmare to warn the heroes of the impending arrival of Gah Lak Tus. Functioning as a prelude to Warren Ellis' epic trilogy of Ultimate mini-series --the third arc, Ultimate Extinction, kicks of in December (Authors Note: The mini series has now been moved to begin in January 2006)-- Ultimate Vision will be told as a series of three eight-page back-up stories running in November's Ultimate Spider-Man #86, Ultimate X-Men #65 and Ultimate Fantastic Four # 25, which will not be reprinted in a subsequent trade paperback.

The kicker? Each issue will be printed flipbook-style, with a second cover drawn by superstar artist Michael Turner.

"Warren had introduced this amazing Ultimate version of Vision, and we knew we had something way more interesting than we had room for," said Ultimate Editor John Barber. "When we mentioned the idea to Mark, he pushed it even further, showing exactly what the character was doing with Gah Lak Tus. We also wanted to give a little something extra to the readers of the monthly books, without doing a big crossover that forces you to buy bunch of books you don't ordinarily wouldn't. This story fits the bill. It adds dimension to the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy without cluttering things up!"

TheManWithoutFear said:
So Vision is going to be involved in USM and UXM?
The back stories will be in those series, and UFF in November. Then in December, 2 parts in both USM issues, and the last part in UFF.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So, I'm confused. The stories will just be included with those issues? Or Vision's backstory will involve Spider-Man in it's respected issue?
The back story will be in INCLUDED in the issues. They won't have anything to do with the characters in the books they're printed in. When you get the issues, you'll read, say USM for example, read the issue like you always do, then you flip the book to get Ultimate Visions backstory.

icemastertron said:
The back story will be in INCLUDED in the issues. They won't have anything to do with the characters in the books they're printed in. When you get the issues, you'll read, say USM for example, read the issue like you always do, then you flip the book to get Ultimate Visions backstory.
Cool thanks for puttin up with my questions Ice.

So this is a orgin story....... so is the picture of the "female" vision before it crashes to earth, or after?

Also in the article it says "without doing a big crossover that forces you to buy bunch of books you don't ordinarily wouldn't"
Well what if you buy the Ultimate Galactus triology, the Ultimates, but not Ultimate Spider-man (cause you dropped it after HobGoblin) or Ultimate Fantastic Four, your kinda forced to buy them to know what happens.
Cause they not putting it in a trade form.

Shihad said:
So this is a orgin story....... so is the picture of the "female" vision before it crashes to earth, or after?

Also in the article it says "without doing a big crossover that forces you to buy bunch of books you don't ordinarily wouldn't"
Well what if you buy the Ultimate Galactus triology, the Ultimates, but not Ultimate Spider-man (cause you dropped it after HobGoblin) or Ultimate Fantastic Four, your kinda forced to buy them to know what happens.
And that's how Marvel gets you to read all of the Ultimate titles.

Shihad said:
I was wondering that myself.

Shihad said:
That's EXACTLY what I thought, and talked about to Aeroth. They're saying you don't have to, YET YOU DO! :roll:

Last edited:
It's only in three issues now? And 8 pages each? And not collected in trade? They better collect it, or I'll kill them.

GabeXorn said:
I'm getting the feeling it will end up in a Marvel Must-Have before June next year for some reason
Woo! Australians! Heaed over to the Member Introduction Thread and say hi!

But I'm really still reeling from the "Visions got boobies!" thing, far too much to be really excited about this mini.

I'm wondering about this story now, since its being billed as an origin tale of Vision. If its an origin I would assume it means it takes place before the events of Ultimate Nightmare...meaning how could Ultimate Vision be a female form in that case? Or it could be a story set in the present with flashbacks revealing Vision's origin, etc. Or it could merely be the origin of the female Vision and delves into Ultimate Falcon's and Pym's repairs to the robot.

DIrishB said:
I'm wondering about this story now, since its being billed as an origin tale of Vision. If its an origin I would assume it means it takes place before the events of Ultimate Nightmare...meaning how could Ultimate Vision be a female form in that case? Or it could be a story set in the present with flashbacks revealing Vision's origin, etc. Or it could merely be the origin of the female Vision and delves into Ultimate Falcon's and Pym's repairs to the robot.
Damn robot and their gender changes! PICK A GENDER IF ANY YA SCREWY MACHINES!

DIrishB said:
Seriously...is that the speech you give transgendered people as well?
No. Just robots. Cuz their special machines.

Actaully, I came up with that as I wrote it. :?

Aaaaaaaaaanywhos-

So this means that it won't be in the December issues. And that I only have to pick up USM #86. Still crap. Not that I don't like USM or anything, but I don't want to get the issue just because of that. I hate when I have to. Like with Wild Kingdom story in X-Men/Black Panther.

:arrgh:

Latest posts

Back