Wizard World Philly Diary '07.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Re: The Official Wizard World Philadelphia 2007 Thread

We're all up in this *****...

We lost TOG. Then we found him. And several loudy angry disparing voicemails where left on Ice's cell by Doom. Details to follow.

Doom was also met by his friend Illy mid-day. Several bottles of sake, martinis and some weird Vietnamese drink containg 4 types of rum were consumed and I licked a Native American statue's nipples. It tasted like pennies. Details to follow.

Yeah......it's gonna be a good time.

It should be of note that the first thing I saw was Doom's collaspable black rod

Details to follow

I am also there frolicking in the hijinks and shenanigans.

Is Maxwell Smart rooming with anyone? If so, I just want to let you know that hs plane is two hours late, poor guy....

And I'm glad to hear that TGO made it to Philly safely. We were starting to worry.

Last edited:

Is Maxwell Smart rooming with anyone? If so, I just want to let you know that hs plane is two hours late, poor guy....

And I'm glad to hear that TGO made it to Philly safely. We were starting to worry.

We know

We are trying to stay up, waiting for him

We're on top of things

Dear Wizard World Diary,

Day 1 was sure hectic. Did I spell that right? Oh well. Anyways, as I left to get my train at 2:30, the train was never announced so the train ended passing literally in front of our faces. I even said good-bye to the conductor. We ended up waiting 2 hours for the next train and arriving in Philly quarter to 8. As we got to the hotel, we met up with Seldes, then left our stuff in the room (my brother and friend). Tog was a no-show...surpringsly enough.

Afterwards, we went to try to find a chinese restaurant to eat, walking all over Philly. After we went to what we thought was a chinese restaurant and was actually a japanese, we left in search of more. We found one...but it was vegetarian! Since are chinese veggie eaters?! We ended up eating at Applebees, having a good time. Funny thing is, I left a word at the hotel desk for Toggy to meet up at what we thought was the chinese place, but never ended up there.

After eating, we walked with Seldes to a point where we split ways. We went back to our hotel as she went back to hers to pick up Max at 10:45 from the airport. Little did she know that his flight was delayed until midnight (I'll get to how I found that out in a sec.).

We get back to our hotel and who's there? Tog with the mighty Doom and Houde! They told us how Maxswellsmart called them and told them his flight was delayed. Oh boy.

So we ended up chatting for a while and Doom and Houde went back to theirs. Now our fun continues today.

That's all for now, diary. Bye.

Tog was a no-show...surpringsly enough.

Seeing as how we got to Philly on-time and you left out the deal with yor cell phone....Houde and I are going on record now as stating YOU were the no-shows. :p

They told us how Maxswellsmart called them and told them his flight was delayed. Oh boy.

Told ya....The Cool Kids are in the know. 8)

Seeing as how we got to Philly on-time and you left out the deal with yor cell phone....Houde and I are going on record now as stating YOU were the no-shows. :p
But we were here first! Therefor, we win.

And I'm going in early. I'm leaving in about 10-15 mins to the convention.

GEEK SUIT UP!

Afterwards, we went to try to find a chinese restaurant to eat, walking all over Philly. After we went to what we thought was a chinese restaurant and was actually a japanese, we left in search of more.

WHO PASSES UP JAPANESE FOOD FOR CHINESE?!?!?!

im in ur wizard worlds
following teh howdes

Dear Wizard World Diary (The Random Chronicles),

So today I went to Wizard World. The day started with me waking up deciding whether or not I should go, cause I really didnt feel like it but went anyway. By the time I got there I realized I should have looked up the schedules.

The was a line to get in I waited in for fourty minutes to get in. Than I had to buy a ticket, so I have to wait another twenty minutes before they started selling them. Once I finally got one I had to go back outside (no really) to wait in another line for an hour before I can get back in.

So I wander around a bit until I found Ice, he told me everyone was going to meet up at the Mondo Marvel Panel. So I did some more wandering until the panel started (I feel bad now because Joe Q lost all his weight and he has double chins in the cartoon). After it, I met up with the whole gang. We went to Bendis's panel. Before it started we were just talking and joking around when one of the WW crew members started asking us when we are getting ready because they need to know how many people will be on stage for the camera. So we play along saying how we'll do the panel until the guard realized we werent doing the panel, he said "Why are you guys busting me chops" To which Houde replies We thought you were busting our chops" Pretty funny how we could have done the panel.

So then Bendis, David Mack and Michael Avon Oeming arrived and started the panel, instead of a typical one they filmed it and are going to get a transcript of it for his column in Wizard Magazine. It was pretty funny they talked about satan masterbating and such. Doom, Houde and I were a bit more interested in David Mack's hot Half-asian girlfriend, who I actually talked to a litte after David Mack and Michael Avon Oeming were arm wrestling (Their faces turned purple). I'm pretty proud of that no matter how short the conversation was.

After the panel we went to the floor cause Doom had to pick up a dvd some guy was holding for him. Houde and I checked out some swords (held the Master Sword and Sword of Omens :rockon:) So everyone was heading to another panel, I had to leaving cause somehow I suddenly got a life. Said the goodbyes and before I left I had to accomplish one last misson, I had to get a Samurai sword

0615072027.jpg
0615072028.jpg

*****in'

And right now the gang is watching Fantastic Four 2 (complete with Houde commentary). So all in all it was enjoyable, These guys are as great and fun in real life as in the internet. I wished I could have hung out with them more, there's always next year.

I've left out some things incase someone else wanted to post it.

-Random

I do. For one thing, I ****ing hate Japanese food. Second, I hate fish and all that junk. Third, it doesn't sit well with me.

I'll post today's diary at some point.

You crazy.

(and Japanese food isn't all fish. I usually get steak and chicken)

Oh and I left you a voice mail message at about 6 PM today. Do you have your phone?

So what are everyone's first impressions of each other?
We're all nuts. What more needs to be said? :wink:

For the most part, though, it's been a good group. We certainly have no trouble finding things (and people) to talk about.

And right now the gang is watching Fantastic Four 2 (complete with Houde commentary).
Yes, I was hoping to get the Houde commentary as well, but the seating didn't work out. (And where did Ice end up sitting, anyway?)

I got in on Wednesday, and so had a chance to walk around and find restaurants, familiarize myself with the area, etc. I'm fortunate that my hotel is about three blocks away from The Franklin Institute, which at the moment includes two IMAX shows and a large exhibit on King Tutanhkamon, which is where I spent three hours yesterday afternoon.

E, we have pictures for you. The ones I took don't have any "nipple action", but most of the guys are out on the town for drinks right now, so I can't vouch for what may happen during that time. I made them promise not to tell me, but they'll undoubtedly post their adventures here for everyone's reading and viewing enjoyment.

By the way: everyone who had dinner at Champions this evening, the meal was on me. Spend the money you saved on some good reading material this weekend. :D

Oh, and the catchphrase for this weekend is "San Diego". I'll let someone else fill you in on that one, as I'm going to sign off, read my new comic books, and get some sleep.

We're all nuts. What more needs to be said? :wink:

For the most part, though, it's been a good group. We certainly have no trouble finding things (and people) to talk about.

Yes, I was hoping to get the Houde commentary as well, but the seating didn't work out. (And where did Ice end up sitting, anyway?)

I got in on Wednesday, and so had a chance to walk around and find restaurants, familiarize myself with the area, etc. I'm fortunate that my hotel is about three blocks away from The Franklin Institute, which at the moment includes two IMAX shows and a large exhibit on King Tutanhkamon, which is where I spent three hours yesterday afternoon.

E, we have pictures for you. The ones I took don't have any "nipple action", but most of the guys are out on the town for drinks right now, so I can't vouch for what may happen during that time. I made them promise not to tell me, but they'll undoubtedly post their adventures here for everyone's reading and viewing enjoyment.

By the way: everyone who had dinner at Champions this evening, the meal was on me. Spend the money you saved on some good reading material this weekend. :D

Oh, and the catchphrase for this weekend is "San Diego". I'll let someone else fill you in on that one, as I'm going to sign off, read my new comic books, and get some sleep.

I'm missing it. :(

I called Ice hoping to get to say hi to you guys but he didn't answer.

Latest posts

Back