Wonder Woman

the watcher

Well-Known Member
I thought we had a thread for this, but I guess not.

wonderwoman.jpg


Release Date: (Unknown)
Cast: TBA
Director: Joss Whedon
Screen Writer(s): TBA
Official Site: TBA
Trailers: None
Status: Script Stage

I know it's a little early for this but I'm going to post the possible Stars for the role of Wonder Woman.

Charisma Wants to be Wonder Woman
The former Buffy/Angel star says she'd love to be the big screen's Amazon Princess.

charisma062.jpg


Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel) told TV Guide that she'd like to play Wonder Woman in the movie being written and directed by Joss Whedon.

TVGuide.com: "Hey, are you going to star in Wonder Woman? [Buffy creator Joss Whedon is writing and will direct a big-screen take on the superheroine, to be produced by Joel Silver.] What a great fit that would be."
Carpenter: "I know! From your lips to God's ears... or Joss'... or Joel's...."

Last week, Lindsay Lohan said she wanted to be Wonder Woman so it seems a common dream among Hollywood starlets now that super-hero movies are hot.

LindsayL.jpg


Will add more info when it comes.
 
Last edited:

Ultimate Deadpool

Well-Known Member
Charisma Carpenter looks like she'd be the perfect Wonder Woman.

I doubt Lindsay Lohan would get the role, "Wonder Woman" isn't a Disney movie. She doesn't look anything like Wonder Woman, anyway... but Wonder Girl isn't out of the question.
 
Last edited:

marvelman

Well-Known Member
god, mean girls lindsay was hot!

...but, from the moment I heard of Charisma Carpenter for WW, I decided she was the ultimate choice. :wink:
 

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Thank you so much for posting that pic of Charisma Carpenter it just made my day.
 

the watcher

Well-Known Member
Ultimate Deadpool said:
Charisma Carpenter looks like she'd be the perfect Wonder Woman.

I doubt Lindsay Lohan would get the role, "Wonder Woman" isn't a Disney movie. She doesn't look anything like Wonder Woman, anyway... but Wonder Girl isn't out of the question.

I forget where, but Lindsay said she wants to be in more adult roles... (no not that kind.) She wants to stray away from Disney.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Yeah, you couldn't find a more decent picture of her? She's a good lookin' woman. I don't need to see her slutted up.

And if Lohan gets this role.... I think DC is at least a bit more serious about their films, so hopefully that won't happen.
 

Ultimate Deadpool

Well-Known Member
TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, you couldn't find a more decent picture of her? She's a good lookin' woman. I don't need to see her slutted up.

Your prayers have been met.

charisma_carpenter_003.jpg


That face, with that body. Wonder Woman's costume would look perfect on her!
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
This thread is so not needed. So we have a guy who's working on a script. No other details are out there other than the fact that DC would like to get it out next year.

I don't care who replies...





Whatever.........not the best day for me.
 

Ultimate Deadpool

Well-Known Member
For your information, this is just a cheap move to post pics of hot girls we think should play Wonder Woman.
 
Last edited:

the watcher

Well-Known Member
Fine you want more here's an interview with Joss Wedon.

September 12, 2005: Australia's ABC Radio National talked to Joss Whedon about his next project, the Wonder Woman movie: "We'll meet a Wonder Woman who is similar to the one from the original comics and from the TV series to an extent," said Whedon. "Neither of them are really a template. I've never loved the comics and I didn't watch the television series, but I loved the character very much." He added that "she doesn't really understand this world, she's very strong but she's also very naive. She's not quite as little as the girls I'm used to writing, but she's definitely one of them in the sense of she'll undergo that kind of baptism of fire that used to be relegated to the male gender. She'll have to come into the world and see how corrupt it is and learn to deal with it and with her own powers. She is kind of, in a way, the grandma of everything I've been writing my whole life, so it makes sense that we should meet."

For more Rumors and interviews on this film go here: http://www.efavata.com/CBM/WonderWoman.htm
 
Last edited:

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
the watcher said:
Fine you want more here's an interview with Joss Wedon.

September 12, 2005: Australia's ABC Radio National talked to Joss Whedon about his next project, the Wonder Woman movie: "We'll meet a Wonder Woman who is similar to the one from the original comics and from the TV series to an extent," said Whedon. "Neither of them are really a template. I've never loved the comics and I didn't watch the television series, but I loved the character very much." He added that "she doesn't really understand this world, she's very strong but she's also very naive. She's not quite as little as the girls I'm used to writing, but she's definitely one of them in the sense of she'll undergo that kind of baptism of fire that used to be relegated to the male gender. She'll have to come into the world and see how corrupt it is and learn to deal with it and with her own powers. She is kind of, in a way, the grandma of everything I've been writing my whole life, so it makes sense that we should meet."
...Lets go back to posting pics of Charisma Carpenter
 
Last edited:

Bass

Nexus of the World
Whoever they pick to play WW, they'll probably need to buff her up so he looks mighty.

Also, the "experience the wonder" pic is by Adam Hughes, illustrator extrordinaire who did loads of great Wonder Woman covers like -

WW.jpg

As for who should play WW in the film, there is a saying: the difference between a good character and a great character is the actor. The difference between a good character and no character is the writer.

I don't know half the actors mentioned, but appearance aside (hair dye, a fitness regime to buff and tone) dainty-looking or too 'butch' is pretty much irrelevant. The actor only has to look somewhat appropriate (mediterranean, athletic, black hair) - if the actor is good they will *feel* like the role. They won't have to look like it.

In the DeNiro Cape Feare, DeNiro oiled his muscles and walked around flexing them all the time to appear threatening. The actor in the original Cape Feare wore sleeves. No flexing. But by the way he moved, you were terrified.

A good actor can be a dainty woman normally, but when she acts she can convey the majesty of the Wonder Woman role, through sheer presence and mastery of her craft.

If Adam, for example, was going to do a "Hellboy" comic, imagine if people said "No, he can't do that! His work is too bright and fluid and cartoony! Hellboy is dark and heavy set, and gloomy. Adam's just too pretty." You only need to look at Adam's con sketches to see that the man is a craftsman. He knows his craft and he knows how to create a desired feel for the work he produces, and at the same time, you know it's an AH piece. The style may be nothing like Mignola, but it *feels* like Hellboy.

Same for an actor. A good actor will create new idiosyncracies, and look at the camera in a certain way that will make you believe she is the Princess of Themyscria.

It's in that spirit that I think Wonder Woman should be played by...

Vincent D'Onofrio.

wonderdonofrio7ry.jpg


You know it makes sense.
 

Ultimate Deadpool

Well-Known Member
I think it would be great that, being an Amazon, she has distinct angst towards men when she leaves her island... but trusts women. However she learns that women in the out-side world are as deceitful and cunning as any man, but more manipulative.
Near the end of the movie, though she never says anything, you can see that her view of both men and women changes. Nothing drastic, but there's a definitive change.
 
Last edited:

the watcher

Well-Known Member
Rumor Mill:
According to Moviehole, a press release flying around claiming that "Days of Our Lives" actress Nadia Bjorlin "is also one of the actresses being considered for the role of Wonder Woman."

Here's a pic.
NadiaBjorlin.jpg
 

Latest posts

Top