World Of Warcraft...

Goodwill

Where is the thread hiding for this one? In all of the 11 pages in this forum, there's nothing for this one.

Does anyone play? I'll be hopping on - what servers are you guys on?

I have a trial version but will never play it because this game causes cancer.

I played for 6 months, hated the community and got into City of Heroes.
The game is fun except when you are like lv 25-35.

Massive Warcraft Geek here.

I play on two servers, Feathermoon and Norgannon and have about 9 characters, 2 of which are 60. Plan on grabbing the expansion tonight.

Yeah, I've been having problems getting my computer to work this puppy, but once I do I might join up with a few of you and we can do our thing... You know, paint the world red. :) I think, once I work out all the bugs, this game will be a lot of fun.

i played on kilrogg for a day on a free trial, it wasnt near as appealing as city of heroes, so i quit at lvl 2.

I seem to be immune to the lure of MMORPG games. I tried WoW out in a free private server and it didn't keep me addicted. After a couple of days, I stopped. Seems like video games doesn't have the same appeal for me as before for some weird reason.

I seem to be immune to the lure of MMORPG games. I tried WoW out in a free private server and it didn't keep me addicted. After a couple of days, I stopped. Seems like video games doesn't have the same appeal for me as before for some weird reason.
I get what you mean.

I can't really find much enjoyment from most MMORPGs because it feels like it requires too much commitment before the social rewards kick in, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I feel like it's difficult to include that in an already crowded life schedule.

I think MMORPGs tend to get addictive once you've snowballed to a point wherein you're actively involved in the community/social aspect --- which is not unlike a comic book message board to a certain extent --- but melding that with what is essentially a mechanical-like gameplay (hit rats until you develop better skills) isn't entirely appealing to certain kinds of gamers for a myriad of reasons (which I won't get into unless anyone's interested).

This might explain why Second Life is so popular: Rather than forcing people to plod linearly and build their social events around that level progression in things like 'raid parties', people stake their own claim by developing social niches for themselves as prostitutes, real-estate dealers, journalists, bartenders, etc. giving them parameters to discover their own community desires.

Very true, but I find WOW to be entertaining enough to keep playing, so... I shall.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying WOW is UNenjoyable.

I'm saying that there are certain reasons why it will compel and will not compel. It's like a phenomenology of gaming joy, or something.

Clearly I've been in college too long if I post phrases like 'phenomenology of gaming joy'.

Clearly I've been in college too long if I post phrases like 'phenomenology of gaming joy'.

Yeah something like that.

Anyway I don't play games on the computer But I heard that the new WOW expansion sold something like 2.4 million copies in the first 24 hours it was released. That's just insane.

I used to play, even got the expansion the midnight it was released, then about a week into playing the expansion. I suddenly and uncontrollably lost interest, and went back to drawing and reading comics.

I used to play, even got the expansion the midnight it was released, then about a week into playing the expansion. I suddenly and uncontrollably lost interest, and went back to drawing and reading comics.

I'm too far invested in Blizzard to give it up. I'll probably be playing, off and on, until WoW dies.

I'm too far invested in Blizzard to give it up. I'll probably be playing, off and on, until WoW dies.

Part of me kinda got distracted by my original geek loves, the other part is too busy drooling over Warhammer Online.

Part of me kinda got distracted by my original geek loves, the other part is too busy drooling over Warhammer Online.

I gave up on Mythic after Trials of Atlantis in Dark Age of Camelot. DAoC was probably the best MMO I've played outside of WoW, but I lost too much faith in them to give them another chance.

I gave up on Mythic after Trials of Atlantis in Dark Age of Camelot. DAoC was probably the best MMO I've played outside of WoW, but I lost too much faith in them to give them another chance.

But it's Warhammer!!!

Seriously, I spent way too many nights playing the Warhammer RPG.

Latest posts

Back