World War Hulks event discussion(spoilers)

didn't that happen to Batman too?

Kind of, with Cap he was basically reliving his life (mostly the bad parts) but he couldn't do anything to change the events, he was basically riding backseat in his own past self. Batman however is physically trapped in time and has complete control over his actions, but he doesn't quite remember who he was.

didn't that happen to Batman too?

Everything that has happen to Cap has happen to Batman in recent years.

Cap's dead partner returns from the dead - Batman's dead partner returns from the dead.
Cap dies - Batman dies.
Cap gets time displaced - Batman gets time displaced.
Cap's former partner takes up his mantle - Batman's former partner takes up his mantle.
Cap returns from the dead - Batman returns from the dead
Cap leaves Bucky with his mantle - Batman I think will have Grayson keep the mantle.

Either this is a huge coincidence or someone is copying someone else.

Everything that has happen to Cap has happen to Batman in recent years.

Cap's dead partner returns from the dead - Batman's dead partner returns from the dead.
Cap dies - Batman dies.
Cap gets time displaced - Batman gets time displaced.
Cap's former partner takes up his mantle - Batman's former partner takes up his mantle.
Cap returns from the dead - Batman returns from the dead
Cap leaves Bucky with his mantle - Batman I think will have Grayson keep the mantle.

Either this is a huge coincidence or someone is copying someone else.

Eh. I think the method of telling the stories is different enough to distinguish them. Bucky is far more interesting than Jason Todd, but in terms of the whole death/rebirth arc, I think the Batman story arc has gone much better.

Last edited:
well, Jason came back first, but Bucky's return was way better.

And the rest happened to Cap first and caused a huge ruckus. But then no one cared when Batman died.

I haven't read any of Morrison's Batman stuff (except Batman and Son), but I've really enjoyed Bru's Cap.

And I doubt Dick Grayson will be Batman long term, although that would be cool. I kind of like it when they allow comic stories to change and move on...and then they make deals with the devil and retcon it all

well, Jason came back first, but Bucky's return was way better.

And the rest happened to Cap first and caused a huge ruckus. But then no one cared when Batman died.

I haven't read any of Morrison's Batman stuff (except Batman and Son), but I've really enjoyed Bru's Cap.

And I doubt Dick Grayson will be Batman long term, although that would be cool. I kind of like it when they allow comic stories to change and move on...and then they make deals with the devil and retcon it all

Well, he'll be Batman for a little while longer. The idea is that Bruce and Dick are both wearing the costume for the immediate future.

Eh. I think the method of telling the stories is different enough to distinguish them. Bucky is far more interesting than Jason Todd, but in terms of the whole death/rebirth arc, I think the Batman story arc has gone much better.

Oh I agree they're the same slot but very different stories and I really like both I just find it funny that they both are doing similar things at the same time
Well, he'll be Batman for a little while longer. The idea is that Bruce and Dick are both wearing the costume for the immediate future.

Yeah I believe Batman will be doing the whole Batman Inc. deal while Grayson is in Gotham.

Makes me sort'a glad I stopped reading main stream marvel. The lesson being If you happen die, there is not a white light. just a bag full of shrooms and a bottle of aspirin.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back