World War III Discussion (Spoilers!)

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
I thought this would deserve it's own thread.

Anyway, I just read book 1 and Black Adam is bad ***!
Grab the pilot of an jet and throw him on another jet. Rip Father Time's face off. Man. This Rocks! :D

Just got done reading all four. Now, I'm a DC fan, but I'm mad. 52 was meant to fill in the gap in the lost year and all, but the majority of the changes happened during WWIII. J'Onn's costume, Supergirl coming back, Aquaman's transformation, etc. - all shown over the course of four issues. After seeing the progress four issues made compared to fifty-two, I feel betrayed. In comparison, 52 was one long sigh.

Just got done reading all four. Now, I'm a DC fan, but I'm mad. 52 was meant to fill in the gap in the lost year and all, but the majority of the changes happened during WWIII. J'Onn's costume, Supergirl coming back, Aquaman's transformation, etc. - all shown over the course of four issues. After seeing the progress four issues made compared to fifty-two, I feel betrayed. In comparison, 52 was one long sigh.
Did you read the editor's note in the back of the issues?

What did it say?
I won't write it all here but it basically said that the initial idea for 52 was to develop the story for persons that have had some significant changes in OYL by using the heroes that played the main parts in 52, but after the first issues that changed. They saw that the main persons in 52 had a story of their own to tell and the focus was change to them instead of the OYL main characters development. That's why all things happened in WWIII instead of over a long time during the whole 52.

I was thoroughly disapointed... I think that by spreading out the events through the five issues would have made it great but the four side books run concurrent to the main title and they cheapen eachother...

The four singles were better than Week Fifty. Too much was happening.

I really liked this whole event. It had the feel of DC's old Annual events, which I loved. Eclipso, Armageddon 2001, Bloodlines. . . JLApe.

I actually really wish they'd used that format.

52 #50 according to the editor but you CAN read them in whatever order you want.

Which was wrong!!

I don't know. They parrelled each other.

I loved it. I loved it a lot.

**** World War Hulk. He will not be able to hold a candle to Black Adam.

I love how this tied almost every book I read from DC perfectly.

Manhunter, Checkmate, The Spectre, Shazam, 52, Batman, Teen Titans, JSA, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, every book was there.

Every character was perfect. Some of Adam's dialogue was a little flat but who cares.

So. I love 52 and it's a great comic, the best one that's coming out in my opinion, so I won't even try to compare WWIII with 52.
I think it was enjoyable. Not great, not awesome, enjoyable. Many stories that didn't have anything in common, glued together by force in the mind of Jonnz...

I liked Jonnz's narration, it was kinda exagerating in some parts but overall it was cool.

Anyway, I loved the Teen Titans moments.

I loved it and the action was better in 52. Now, I really can't wait for a booster Gold ongoing to fight skeets. I see that as the only dangling plot but it's understandable.

Yeah, is the secret to 52 and the answer to 52, the same thing? It's gotta be a weapon or something. maybe another anti-monitor or something to do with skeets.

"Captain Marvel, why did you give Black Adam such a common number as his new magic word?"

"I didn't think he could count that high!"

Latest posts

Back