WWE [speculation, spoilers]

compound

Between the appearances of Marty Janetty and Jake The Snake, this week's episodes of Raw and Smackdown had so much old-time/legend nostalgia factors, I was starting to believe WWE hired Chris Claremont to book their shows, hehehe.

So... let's have some Wrestlemania predictions to kick off this thread!

I think it was just for that one night. Although Marty Janetty is facing Kurt Angle on this weeks Smackdown

WRESTLEMANIA PREDICTIONS

HHH vs Batista for the World Championship
Winner: BATISTA (Im so sick of HHH having the World Title)

JBL vs John Cena for the WWE Championship
Winner: JOHN CENA (my favourite wrestler!!!)

Kurt Angle vs Shawn Micheals.
Winner: Hard to pick, but im going with Shawn Micheals

SIX MAN LADDER MATCH: Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit vs Shelton Benjamin vs Christian vs Edge vs Kane
Winner: REALLY hard to decide. Cant predict (looking forward to this)

Undertaker vs Randy Orton
Winner: UNDERTAKER

Christy vs Trish
Winner: TRISH

Big Show vs Akebo
Winner: BIG SHOW

BTW anyone read that whole Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge situation? Poor Matt. Edge is a bastard

Nurhachi said:
BTW anyone read that whole Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge situation? Poor Matt. Edge is a bastard

Yes, I've been following the everts, since they were first announced on the Pro Wrestling Torch. I guess it's my inner celebrity rumor-monger.

What Edge did was unscrupulous, unethical, and probably wrong. At the same time, their affair seems be a fully consensual decision between Lita and Edge -- one that will probably have a negative effect on their working conditions, and mess up any chance of an ongoing Matt/Lita/Kane televised storyline.

Having said that, I'm a bit upset about the reports of loud "You screwed Matt/You screwed Lita" chants being directed at Edge, by fans during house shows. I don't think audiences *ought* to be making public judgements about personal decisions that wrestlers make, especially when we've mostly been informed about Matt's side of the situation only.

It hints at one of the fundamental problems with pro wrestling -- if a WWE talent makes a controversial decision as an *individual*, it ends up having an effect on their on-screen *character*. Obviously, the added heat will only help to cement Edge's heel persona, but it's going to cause all kinds of problems for Lita (and, by extension, her storyline "protege", Christy).

Does the Edge/Lita/Matt situation make for intriguing real-life soap opera? Certainly! That's just human nature, really. We're a culture of rubber-neckers. We love sticking our noses where they don't belong. However, when that fascination is tuned into misdirected judgments, we have to start asking ourselves where the 'work' ends and the 'shoot' begins.

wrestlemania 21 (spoilers)

ever since the rock left, wwe has been slacking in my opinion, i kinda liked the hurricane guy too, but his potential was cut short....

i agree, HHH may be the son in law of the chairman, but he doesnt have to have the belt all the time, someone else needs to step in as a major antagonist of the show(anyone else feel this)

Im surprised Wrestling hasnt invaded this board prior to this thread(maybe i didnt see any others in the past)

Stone cold will be coming back and ill start watching more often, hopefully he will wrestle and not just make a cameo at wrestlemania...

as for my bets, im going with batista, john cena and yes....randy orton will beat the undertaker, word on the street is that the deadman will retire this summer and what better way to retire a legend by having the legend killer beat him...just like stone cold left after losing to orton, its not surprising that undertaker is on his way out.

compound said:
Yes, I've been following the everts, since they were first announced on the Pro Wrestling Torch. I guess it's my inner celebrity rumor-monger.

What Edge did was unscrupulous, unethical, and probably wrong. At the same time, their affair seems be a fully consensual decision between Lita and Edge -- one that will probably have a negative effect on their working conditions, and mess up any chance of an ongoing Matt/Lita/Kane televised storyline.

Having said that, I'm a bit upset about the reports of loud "You screwed Matt/You screwed Lita" chants being directed at Edge, by fans during house shows. I don't think audiences *ought* to be making public judgements about personal decisions that wrestlers make, especially when we've mostly been informed about Matt's side of the situation only.

It hints at one of the fundamental problems with pro wrestling -- if a WWE talent makes a controversial decision as an *individual*, it ends up having an effect on their on-screen *character*. Obviously, the added heat will only help to cement Edge's heel persona, but it's going to cause all kinds of problems for Lita (and, by extension, her storyline "protege", Christy).

Does the Edge/Lita/Matt situation make for intriguing real-life soap opera? Certainly! That's just human nature, really. We're a culture of rubber-neckers. We love sticking our noses where they don't belong. However, when that fascination is tuned into misdirected judgments, we have to start asking ourselves where the 'work' ends and the 'shoot' begins.

Yeah but Edge has always been reported as one of Matt Hardys best friends and Lita has been with him for 3 years. And they both screwed him over. Thats pretty not nice of them.

PS Hurricane Rules. He needs to lose Rosey tho and get a huge "Brock-Lesnar" type sidekick named Thor.

The Captain said:
randy orton will beat the undertaker, word on the street is that the deadman will retire this summer and what better way to retire a legend by having the legend killer beat him...

Agreed, whole-heartedly! It would be a nice send-off for 'Taker, a good way for him to pass the proverbial torch.

Besides, other than Orton's impressive matches against Mick Foley and Shawn Michaels, the rest of his "legend killer" schtick has been about him beating down on beloved past-their-prime greats (Snuka), old ladies (Mae Young), and random non-wrestlers. That's hardly a way to build up Orton as a credible, champion-caliber athlete.

He'll never be truly "over" with the fans, unless he keeps up these decisive victories against *active* legends who still have a bit of fight left in them.

Having said that, I unfortunately think 'Taker's famous ego might get the best of him, and Orton will be booked as one more victory in UT's Westlemania winning streak. :cry:

The Captain said:
just like stone cold left after losing to orton, its not surprising that undertaker is on his way out.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't seem to remember Austin ever losing to Orton. When exactly did this happen? I remember Stone Cold doing the whole embarasssing "sheriff of RAW" gimimck and taking part embarassing "redneck triathelon" events with Eric Bischoff, right before his last departure. I don't recall any fight against Orton... :?

It must be a mistake. Stone Cold never fought Orton. In Survivor Series the year before last (i think) Randy Ortons team defeated Shawn Micheals team to retire Stone Cold when they had the Stone Cold-Eric Bischoff feud

The Captian said:
Im surprised Wrestling hasnt invaded this board prior to this thread(maybe i didnt see any others in the past)
Maybe it's because the other wrestling fans at UC choose to post wrestling-related topics at different (wrestling-specific) message boards: the Pro Wrestling Torch forum, or even the Wrestlecrap boards.

Does anybody else here post about wrestling elsewhere? Or is comics-related discussion already time-consuming enough, as it is? :wink:

Randy Orton segment on RAW, 3/21

Argh! As I've mentioned before, I think Orton has loads of in-ring potential and inexhaustible charsima, despite is rather messy backstage reputation, so I'm totally frustrated about how he's being written, in the lead-up to his match against 'Taker at 'Mania.

Okay, so he gives an RKO to Stacy, just moments after kissing her... What's that supposed to do to intimidate UT? It seems like the booking team are just preparing audiences to see Orton get his a$s handed to him, as comeuppance. Boo!

Nurhachi said:
It must be a mistake. Stone Cold never fought Orton. In Survivor Series the year before last (i think) Randy Ortons team defeated Shawn Micheals team to retire Stone Cold when they had the Stone Cold-Eric Bischoff feud

yeah, thats what i meant, they never went one on one, but randy orton pinned shawn michaels and took credit for retiring stone cold months after the fact...

Maybe drug abuse. Eddie was let go cause he was drinking and doing lots of drugs also. I dont watch wrestling anymore so I dont know what's going on any more.

never really got into wrestling, always been a fan of UFC though, now thats what I call a sport! Rarely ever do you see a match that doesn't result in the octagon having blood splattered all over the mat. Trust me, you put the best wrestler you can think of in a ring with even one of the more mediocre UFC guys, and the WWE dude is going to need reconstructive plastic surgery at the least. Back to topic.

Rhyno was released for throwing a tantrum at a recent public event. His wife showed up (who he is seperated from) without his daughter. They're like, leaving to germany or something. Anyways, Rhyno smashed a vase or something and i think that helped towards his release. Also cuz hes never really used.
Matt Hardy was released for slashing Edges tires i think, its not confirmed why.

BTW Anyone see Wrestlemania!!! It was ****ing awesome!

did you see the hurricane tonight? making a reference to the thing by saying "its clobbering time!!" that was sooooooo sweet....too bad that make him and other comic fans look like losers by having him get his *** kicked 9 out of 10 times he enters the ring.

Latest posts

Back