X-23 Discussion (spoilers)

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
So yeah---this was actually awesome.

I'm not a big Wolverine fan....so the idea of a clone of him just sounds even dumber. Basically what this mini covers is the 2 year span between X-23 escaping the Weapon X facility....and showing up in NY.

Anyone who's familiar with the character knows that the X-23 doesn't talk very much so the book isn't heavy on dialogue. The story is done thru a lot of flashbacks.

I don't have the book with me right now so I can't give a detailed summary. So here's the jist of the story:

• She breaks out
  • See's her "mother" killed
  • Escapes her captors
  • Seemingly stalks another girl---we later learn that she was protecting her
  • Show's up at her aunt's door.

The art is absolutely perfect. It captures the beauty and ferocity of the character.

3.5/5

Looking forward to more.

:shock:

I give this a 2/5, simply because the art was good. The story was cliched and stupid, and the characters were all shallow. The concept itself is absolutely offensive to readers (at least this one!), which may have cause me to go in to this book with a bad attitude.

On a related note, a year or two ago I sold my first appearance of X-23 (NYX 2 or 3 I think....?) for $60 on Ebay. Schwing! Too bad NYX didn't come out often enough to be worth buying, the first couple issues seemed cool.

Last edited:
She not only sees it, it was she who killed her (in a berserker rage triggered by scent)

In the first mini the girl (her cousin) is kidnapped and X-23 rescues her.

Good adds. Like I said---I don't have it in front of me so I couldn't recall.

Still.....interesting enough for me to wanna follow.

I wanna be first to say that the art in this comics is awesome...and that im cool for saying it first.

I wanna be first to say that the art in this comics is awesome...and that im cool for saying it first.

No, you are the third person to say you liked the art. Nice try though.

And I still say that the art was the only redeeming part of this series. I mean, like 3 months before they introduced X-23, they had already introduced a DIFFERENT female wolverine clone. How many ****ing wolverine clones do we need in 616?

Mainly for lack of story depth. The story was comprehensive and intriguing.....but it was about as deep as a John Woo movie.

The art really helped.
I really saw this issue as filling in everyone who didn't read the first mini on what transpired. The little story that was there was promising. I think she killed her aunt and uncle, but that's reaching.
I love X-23. I find her a great characterr. Plus sexy. The art in this is awesome.
Like wise. I like that she is as bad *** as Wolverine when he's not *****ing about meaningless team bull****. I'm a little confused by the fact I'm not turned off by the fact that she's a female equivalent to Wolverine. Damn you, Dr. Girlfriend!

Whoa.. I just realized you guys are talking about a NEW X-3 series....

My comments were in regards to the original.

Decent issue. Now I really wonder if she's going to kill Megan and Debbie. I also liked the reveal of Debbie's boyfriend as being an agent of the Program.

Decent issue. Now I really wonder if she's going to kill Megan and Debbie. I also liked the reveal of Debbie's boyfriend as being an agent of the Program.

I liked it, but it bothered me that the artist (whoever it was...I don't remeber) drew captian America like he was 15 years old. I bet you X-23 kills both of them.

I liked it, but it bothered me that the artist (whoever it was...I don't remeber) drew captian America like he was 15 years old. I bet you X-23 kills both of them.
I know what you mean. Matt Murdock wasn't exactly mature either.

Latest posts

Back