X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

Pro Bot

Also, is there any way "X-Men: The Official Game" can fit in any timeline besides the original/Sentinel one?
In the Weapon XI gets shot by Deadpool timeline, I guess?

Apparently, the Illuminati team that appears are all from the same universe. This is interesting, because Captain Carter and Professor X are both members. I mean, I guess it's possible that they're the same timeline. Imagine Wolverine fighting alongside Peggy and the HYDRA Stomper in WW2.

But that makes me think it's just a variant of the X-Men Professor X, which the source also said is the case. Though, I think someone else said that they wanted Hugh Jackman's Wolverine to be a member too, so... I don't know.

Probably don't have to worry about it. Just a random Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline where Xavier looks like Patrick Stewart I guess.

selfishmisery

I feel like making some distinctions from "Alternate" and "Altered" timelines.

Alternate for BIG changes that would be enough to form a completely new branch = "waves"

Altered for MINOR changes that affect the main timeline directly but not enough to create a branch = "ripples"

Agents of SHIELD and Loki kinda elaborated on how far does a timeline have to deviate to form a branch, but I think the MCU needs to elaborate on that more to be honest.

Here, the only examples I can think of is the DoFP timeline alteration with Bishop at the beginning of the film (since a change before a disaster doesn't create a branch) and Peter being saved from the wood chipper since he was such a nobody and it wouldn't have affected the film's plot at all if he died or not.

selfishmisery

In the Weapon XI gets shot by Deadpool timeline, I guess?

Apparently, the Illuminati team that appears are all from the same universe. This is interesting, because Captain Carter and Professor X are both members. I mean, I guess it's possible that they're the same timeline. Imagine Wolverine fighting alongside Peggy and the HYDRA Stomper in WW2.

But that makes me think it's just a variant of the X-Men Professor X, which the source also said is the case. Though, I think someone else said that they wanted Hugh Jackman's Wolverine to be a member too, so... I don't know.

Probably don't have to worry about it. Just a random Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline where Xavier looks like Patrick Stewart I guess.

Does this make any sense at all?

*In terms of "[Alternate Vanessa/Logan(?) Timeline]"'s reasoning, as opposed to other alterations from the Prime timeline, is mainly due to Cable's continued existence in the Prime timeline and Wade Wilson's death still being the same timeline as Vanessa's (which is "Earth-41366"), as opposed to the Logan timeline (Earth-17315).
The teddy bear belonging to Cable's daughter disappearing once Wade Wilson's death was prevented, meaning Cable's future was 'unlinked' from the Prime timeline, becoming it's own branch (Earth-66250), but not himself. Vanessa's death being prevented and Cable not appearing for the remainder of the film, likely erasing his need to travel to the past since the events of the film were completely altered, would pave the way for no more generations of Mutants being born, thus no Cable in the Prime timeline. Meaning, the timeline for Vanessa's survival never had Cable thus inferring no future mutants, leading to Logan's timeline.

Last edited:

Pro Bot

Mutants stopped being born in 2004 or something like that. In fact, that makes Firefist a part of the last generation of mutants, assuming that the X-gene doesn't start popping up again.

However, Cable did say he would stick around for a while to prevent the world from falling apart, which it certainly does in Logan, so Cable not being in the timeline does explain why things got so bad. Who knows?

Lucid_Dreamer

Also, is there any way "X-Men: The Official Game" can fit in any timeline besides the original/Sentinel one?

Maybe the post-DoFP one? Since Magneto is an ally in the game, lining up with his redemption in Dark Phoenix, and Jean Grey is alive at the end of the game (not contradicting her survival in the post-DoFP timeline.)
I just watched the cutscenes from this game last night (did not feel like playing through it)

It pretty clearly takes place in the X2-X:men 3 gap, with references to both movies. Magnetos redemption is treated as a temporary arrangement that he makes clear is over at the end of the game.

It could take place in post-DOFP timeline, in the same way that a version of the first two movies could take place in the post-DOFP timeline but its very closely linked to the original trilogy

Latest posts