X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

I've changed my mind on the gifted, since it clearly belongs to a timeline "similar" to the original/revised. I'm still trying to find out which is more likely. I'm thinking a timeline closer to the original as you've done or a third timeline thats the revised timeline without any of the events of Logan and 2023 in it. My guess is they don't want to step on anyone's shoes so they make it so they aren't aligned with any timeline completely and have flexibility. I mean, the fact they say Deadpool is canon but the gifted isn't (sort of) annoys me a little.

On reddit someone pointed out a reference to a robot disaster that makes it easier to sympathise with mutants. That would be a reference to Days of Future Past's... past right? I can't confirm it but I'll probably re-watch the gifted again in a couple months.

The problem with that is that the X-Men left then came back between 2017-2023 then died in 2028. That's possible, sure but the fact that mutants are still being born put that at jeopardy.

It works well in the original timeline with the X-men going into hiding since they know what's up. Nothing really to add other than maybe Blink looking different, but... people age.

Legion is getting Pro. X in season 3. It's not an actor from the movies but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Here is what I have in my simplified viewing order I put together. Can you guys help me with X-Men Origins? I just need you to explain why you have it ending in 1981.

Original Timeline
- 1962 -
- November -
05. X-Men: First Class
Revised Timeline
- 1982 -
- May -
05. In The Footsteps Of... En Sabah Nur

- 1983 -
- May -
07. Fables Of The Flush & Fabulous
06. Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters TV Commercial
08. X-Men: Apocalypse
08. Xavier's School For The Gifted Campus Tour
Original Timeline
- 1985 -
- March -
04. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1845 – March 28th, 1985)
- ???? -
02. Japanese Bar
Revised Timeline
- 1992 -
10. X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Coming June 7th, 2019!)
Original Timeline
- 2005 -
01. X-Men

- 2006 -

02. X2: X-Men United
03. X-Men: The Last Stand
01. Logan Returns To Alberta, Canada

- 2015 -
06. The Wolverine - Unleashed Extended Edition (2013 – 2015)
Revised Timeline
- 2023 -
03. Trask Industries: Your Future
04. The Bent Bullet: JFK And The Mutant Conspiracy
05. 25 Moments In The Struggle Between X-Men And Humans
07. X-Men: Days Of Future Past – The Rogue Cut

- 2026 -

09. Laura.mov

- 2029 -
09. Logan
To Be Determined Timeline
10. New Mutants (Coming August 2nd, 2019!)

Accoi
Here is what I have in my simplified viewing order I put together. Can you guys help me with X-Men Origins? I just need you to explain why you have it ending in 1981.

Original Timeline
- 1962 -
- November -
05. X-Men: First Class
Revised Timeline
- 1982 -
- May -
05. In The Footsteps Of... En Sabah Nur

- 1983 -
- May -
07. Fables Of The Flush & Fabulous
06. Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters TV Commercial
08. X-Men: Apocalypse
08. Xavier's School For The Gifted Campus Tour
Original Timeline
- 1985 -
- March -
04. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1845 – March 28th, 1985)
- ???? -
02. Japanese Bar
Revised Timeline
- 1992 -
10. X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Coming June 7th, 2019!)
Original Timeline
- 2005 -
01. X-Men

- 2006 -

02. X2: X-Men United
03. X-Men: The Last Stand
01. Logan Returns To Alberta, Canada

- 2015 -
06. The Wolverine - Unleashed Extended Edition (2013 – 2015)
Revised Timeline
- 2023 -
03. Trask Industries: Your Future
04. The Bent Bullet: JFK And The Mutant Conspiracy
05. 25 Moments In The Struggle Between X-Men And Humans
07. X-Men: Days Of Future Past – The Rogue Cut

- 2026 -

09. Laura.mov

- 2029 -
09. Logan
To Be Determined Timeline
10. New Mutants (Coming August 2nd, 2019!)

According to the Director of X-Men: Apocalypse, X-Men: Days of Future Past - The Rogue Cut is non-canon unfortunately.

Can't help with the timeline, but thanks for the additional material for my own Viewing Order.

Edit: Trask Industries is in 2017 based on X-Men Movies: Wiki's timeline for when Task Industries came to be.

Edit: The Bent Bullet is at least 2013 based on the half a century comment.

Edit: 25 Moments ends in 2001 so that's where I put it.

Edit: I don't count Deleted Scenes.

Edit: I don't think X-Men Apocalypse's promotional material is canon.

My viewing order perspective:

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me placement reasoning for Origins? I swear I saw other timelines that stated Logan left his team in 1979 and then the film jumps 6 years to 1985.

Unless we see or hear about William Stryker in Dark Phoenix, I feel like including that deleted scene from Apocalypse where he's convicted of his crimes by Moria and arrested. Since this universe is ending, Stryker is the only loose thread in the "Revised" timeline and the deleted scene gives proper closure.

We'll see though. The trailer for Dark Phoenix that was just released in the past couple hours showed mutant containment soldiers on train, so perhaps Stryker may be involved somehow?

The original timeline has bigger month sizes than the revised.
1986 has two ???? months right next to each other, instead of a single ????.
You have missed a ???? for the month in 2006.

You have blank space
July 15

????

????

????

The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition Chapter 36 (2:09:17 - 2:11:19)

????

The Gifted is unfinished but I don't blame you there.

Last edited:
Unless we see or hear about William Stryker in Dark Phoenix, I feel like including that deleted scene from Apocalypse where he's convicted of his crimes by Moria and arrested. Since this universe is ending, Stryker is the only loose thread in the "Revised" timeline and the deleted scene gives proper closure.

We'll see though. The trailer for Dark Phoenix that was just released in the past couple hours showed mutant containment soldiers on train, so perhaps Stryker may be involved somehow?

When you can, I'd like to see reasoning for Origins placement. Everywhere else I have seen has it ending in the mid to late 80s.

Like I said, this timeline isn't a main priority right now. It's a massive work-in-progress.

As soon as I can gather my thoughts I will explain everything. Right now, I'm very busy.

Just going by, looking at the gifted and BAM https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26345296/the-gifted-x-men-spin-off-update/
While there's been no confirmation on The Gifted's future either way, Nix is still thinking ahead to its potential third season, confirming that he's "developing stuff" at the moment and adding that the series "would be informed by the ideas in Days of Future Past".

Ok. I don't really ca- wait, Days of Future Past? Well how about that? They gonna go dystopian!?

So is https://xmenmovies.fandom.com/wiki/Blink the same as https://thegifted.fandom.com/wiki/Blink?

Last edited:
I would add the DoFP promos in 2017, because in Trask Industries: Your Future, it's their 50 year anniversary.

The Gifted 2x01: eMergence (0:00:00 - 0:0?:??)

????
Trask Industries: Your Future
The Bent Bullet: JFK and the Mutant Conspiracy
25 Moments in the Struggle between X-Men and Humans

November
The Gifted 2x01: eMergence (0:0?:?? - 0:??:??)

Erm...
Deadpool 2: Super Duper Cut Chapter 7 (0:19:10 - 0:23:26)
Deadpool 2: Super Duper Cut Chapter 7 (0:23:27 - 0:24:13)

Why are they two different chapters yet both chapter 7?

Whenever anyone has the time, please explain X-Men Origins: Wolverine's placement reasoning. I've seen other sites claim the film ends in 1981, 1985 and even 1987. Just would like to know reasoning for my own viewing order.

Whenever anyone has the time, please explain X-Men Origins: Wolverine's placement reasoning. I've seen other sites claim the film ends in 1981, 1985 and even 1987. Just would like to know reasoning for my own viewing order.

Because of the Three-Mile Island incident; which occurred on March 28, 1979. Alternative history, but still reflective of ours to some degree, like the Cuban missile crisis in First Class.

Latest posts

Back