X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

• Help support The Comic Board :

Dallas Kinard

Whenever anyone has the time, please explain X-Men Origins: Wolverine's placement reasoning. I've seen other sites claim the film ends in 1981, 1985 and even 1987. Just would like to know reasoning for my own viewing order.

selfishmisery

Whenever anyone has the time, please explain X-Men Origins: Wolverine's placement reasoning. I've seen other sites claim the film ends in 1981, 1985 and even 1987. Just would like to know reasoning for my own viewing order.
Because of the Three-Mile Island incident; which occurred on March 28, 1979. Alternative history, but still reflective of ours to some degree, like the Cuban missile crisis in First Class.

Dallas Kinard

Because of the Three-Mile Island incident; which occurred on March 28, 1979. Alternative history, but still reflective of ours to some degree, like the Cuban missile crisis in First Class.
Ok so there is a six year jump after the mission in Nam. Thanks for the reasoning!

EDIT: How positive are we that "The Gifted" is indeed canon?

Last edited:

Pro Bot

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-end-xmen-franchise/ you can tell they're not even trying.

10. Older and Younger Consciousnesses Merge
That it's utterly rediculous. If they mean to the original timeline, it's impossible. If they mean in the revised timeline, well, they already are.

9. The Phoenix Force Changes the Future
What's the point of Logan, then?

8. Life Goes On
So basically the Days of Future Past ending? Come on...

7. A World in Harmony
Well, sure, but we already know that X-Men comics were made, and the dubious canonically of the Deadpool films aside, the X-Men were treated as heroes in those films.

6. Deadpool Resets Everything
Well, that's definitely original... not.

5. Reconciliation of Magneto and Professor X
This has already happened 50 times now. I don't want to see them bicker about mutant rights anymore.

4. Connect Things Back to the Original Timeline
This is impossible because X-Men: Days of Future Past and Logan exist. They wouldn't have set Wolverine back in time to stop the assassination of Bolivar Trask if it already stopped. Mystique is pretty much confirmed dead.

3. Xavier Lets Go of the X-Men
Again, we'd know it's only temporary because X-Men: Days of Future Past and Logan exist.

2. The Phoenix Force Ends Everything
X-Men: Days of Future Past and Logan exist, you incompetent article!

1. Traveling to the MCU
Stop right there. I don't want any more complicated multiverse theories because Kevin Fiege gang can't keep Earth-616 in their pants.

Sorry, just needed to rant.
How positive are we that "The Gifted" is indeed canon?
Not very.