X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

I'll finish Legion's timeline when I feel like digging through mountains of tightly edited footage again.

I'll update later today.

EDIT: Ultimately decided that since there's no legitimate reason as to why the Deadpool films fit in the X-Men Universe timeline, and since Disney is making a 3rd Deadpool film sometime in the next few years, to pump up the timeframe.

Why? Deadpool's cosmic/multiversal knowledge is something he did have in the comics so the same could apply here, and this event had to occur post-Logan.

As for the scene in Deadpool 2 where the X-Men close the door while Wade doesn't notice - all in his head. Although in relation to the Logan music box, which could also be in his head, he would need some knowledge of all this AFTER the fact.

Fourth wall breaking means he's aware of what will happen in Logan due to it existing as a film. It's just how he is.

Fourth wall breaking means he's aware of what will happen in Logan due to it existing as a film. It's just how he is.
If you're referring to that short where he tries (and fails) to stop a mugging, I don't consider that canon.

And if it was, it would imply an event was told to people of that reality...that hasn't even occurred yet IF this was set in the 2010s.
When time isn't linear and concurrent through out the multiverse, things get far more convoluted.

If you're referring to that short where he tries (and fails) to stop a mugging, I don't consider that canon.

And if it was, it would imply an event was told to people of that reality...that hasn't even occurred yet IF this was set in the 2010s.
When time isn't linear and concurrent through out the multiverse, things get far more convoluted.
No, I meant Deadpool literally is aware of events from Logan because it was made as a film in our reality (Earth-1218). Deadpool just... knows things.

No, I meant Deadpool literally is aware of events from Logan because it was made as a film in our reality (Earth-1218). Deadpool just... knows things.
The extent of Earth-1218 reflecting our world 100% is not possible when it's been destroyed and restored more than once.

If anything, it's more of an inside joke or real world "lite" like Earth-33 in the DC Multiverse. It's not going to be beat-for-beat OUR world, every movie that came out in literal real life doesn't mean the same thing transpired on Earth-1218.

Oh sh-t, I am missing some timestamps for DoFP.

Also quick question: Is the Rogue Cut canon over the theaterical version or no?

That's what I wanna know. I'd rather watch Rogue cut than the original
Google gives me no answers, and nothing seems to conflict with the films after DoFP, so I guess since the Rogue Cut is longer and considered superior - I'll add it in place of the theatrical cut.

Later today.

Google gives me no answers, and nothing seems to conflict with the films after DoFP, so I guess since the Rogue Cut is longer and considered superior - I'll add it in place of the theatrical cut.

Later today.
Unfortunately something came up last night to where I couldn't focus on anything else so stay tuned...

Later today.
The commentary of X-Men: Apocalypse says the Rogue Cut is non-canon. Something about Mystique visiting cerebro for the first time.

I don't think the contradiction is that bad, but that's what they said. :(

So Deadpool's universe is apparently Earth-41633. (Regardless of some nonsensical logic the Marvel Wiki makes in trying to say the diverging timeline somehow became the original; despite the Marvel Appendix not saying that.)

I'll adjust.

So Deadpool's universe is apparently Earth-41633. (Regardless of some nonsensical logic the Marvel Wiki makes in trying to say the diverging timeline somehow became the original; despite the Marvel Appendix not saying that.)

I'll adjust.
You know what...this goes against what I was adamant about earlier but what if Wade preventing Vanessa's death led to the Logan timeline (Earth-17315)?
post-DoFP to Deadpool 2 was Earth-41633, maybe?

Okay, cleaning it up a bit, not including flashbacks, I guess I see it as:

X-Men Cinematic Multiverse
Earth-????/Alternate Original Timeline

X-Men: First Class

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand

The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition
The Gifted (potentially)
X-Men: Days of Future Past: The Rogue Cut

Earth-10005/Original Timeline
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men

X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand
The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition
The Gifted
(potentially)

Earth-66250/Cable's Timeline

X-Men: Apocalypse

Dark Phoenix
Deadpool
Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut

Earth-????/Wade (Deadpool) Dies Timeline

Dark Phoenix
Deadpool

Earth-41633/Deadpool 2 Timeline

Dark Phoenix
Deadpool

Earth-17315/Venessa Lives Timeline

Dark Phoenix
Deadpool

The New Mutants
Logan

Earth-????/Peter Lives Timeline

Dark Phoenix
Deadpool

Earth-18315/Wade (Weapon XI) Dies Timeline
X-Men: Origins: Wolverine

Earth-????/Ryan Reynolds Dies Timeline

Earth-????/Baby Adolf Hitler Timeline
Legion
(?)

Earth-????/Legion Timeline 2
Legion

Earth-????/Legion Timeline 3
Legion

Earth-199999/Marvel Cinematic Universe Timeline? (Based on Deadpool Future)

That about covers all of it. I'm surprised Marvel haven't designated all of Deadpool 2 in one batch, unless everyone just missed it.

Legion is kinda forced in, I admit, so I put a question mark in.
Here.

I'll adjust.
The Marvel wiki is kinda dumb sometimes.

1. They have Logan as a separate universe from the X-Men film series. In fact, they have The New Mutants and Logan as separate universes dispite the obvious fact The New Mutants has footage from Logan.
2. They had, before it released, The New Mutants as a standalone universe.
3. They have Helstrom as a standalone universe.
4. Dispite confirmation that it's the same world and characters as the TV series behind the scenes for both the Spider-Verse comic and animated ITSV appearance, they have Earth-67 as a separate world to Earth-6799 (Spider-Man 1967 TV series), dispite that making no sense. At the very most it's a retcon of the number, which has happened before like with the 1990s animated shows, at the very least they'd be identical timelines.

So yeah.

I need a neater way of saying what the Logan timeline and Vanessa Saved Timeline is that ain't "[Alternate Vanessa/Logan(?) Timeline]"

Also, is there any way "X-Men: The Official Game" can fit in any timeline besides the original/Sentinel one?

Maybe the post-DoFP one? Since Magneto is an ally in the game, lining up with his redemption in Dark Phoenix, and Jean Grey is alive at the end of the game (not contradicting her survival in the post-DoFP timeline.)

Latest posts

Back