X-Men (Film Series) - Timeline

Wait, did Wolverine's time with Team X (in origins Woverine) happen before the assassination of Trask in DoFP? So He and Stryker already knew each other in that scene. Does that work continuity-wise?

I posted the following over at thetimelinesite.com

I feel like this is the best that we can do (well, I'm sure more accuracy can be added about exact days and such):

3,000 BC - Apocalypse builds pyramids (DoFP)
1832 - 1845 James Howlett born, kills stepfather, runs away with Victor (XMO:W)
1861-1865 James and Victor fight in Civil War (XMO:W)
1917-1918 James and Victor fight in WWI (XMO:W)
1944 Erik Lehnsherr taken to Auschwitz & experimented on (XM:FC, XM)
Charles Xavier meets Raven Darkholme (XM:FC)
June 6 - James and Victor involved in D-Day (XMO:W)
1945 James fights in the Pacific Theatre and is captured
August 6 - James saves Yashida when Nagasaki is bombed. (TW)
1959 XM:FC prequel comic
1962 The rest of XM:FC (surrounding the Cuban Missile Crisis in October)
1969-1971 James and Victor fight in Vietnam, shot by firing squad, survive, recruited by William Stryker for Team X (XMO:W)
1972 James (Logan) quits team X (XMO:W)
1973 The past part of DoFP (surrounding the Paris Peace Accords on January 27) ***TIMELINE SPLITS***

ORIGINAL TIMELINE
1979 The Rest of XMO:W (leading up to the Three Mile Island Accident on March 28 )
1986 Xavier and Lehnsherr visit Jean Grey (Magneto evidently was released or escaped prison at some point and rejoined with Xavier) (XM:TLS)
1996 Young angel cuts off his wings (XM:TLS)
2003 The rest of X-Men
X2 Prequel Comics
X2
2005 X-Men Video Game
2006 The rest of X-Men: The Last Stand
2013 Main story of The Wolverine
2015 Airport scene from TW
2023 The future part of DoFP ***TIMELINE SPLITS SEVERAL TIMES AS KITTY GOES BACK IN TIME***

NEW TIMELINE
1983 X-Men: Apocalypse (I haven't seen this)
1990s? X-Force (not yet made)
??? New Mutants? (not yet made)
2018-2020?Deadpool (I haven't seen this)
2023 The ending of DoFP
Future? Wolverine 3 (not yet made)

There are lots of continuity issues, such as EVERYONE's age making no sense and/or multiple versions of the same character. If we put the young jean grey and angel scenes at 30 years before The Last Stand (rather than 20 and 10 years before), then they both fit with Apocalypse better, but it puts them both around 40 in the original movies. I think the nature of these films is such that you have to ignore everyone's ages.

There is also lots of viral marketing that adds details about history, but I didn't bother to add those.

Last edited:
Wait, did Wolverine's time with Team X (in origins Woverine) happen before the assassination of Trask in DoFP? So He and Stryker already knew each other in that scene. Does that work continuity-wise?
I honestly haven't watched the movies since composing that bit of timeline and I only watched DoFP the one time in theatres, so I can't 100% recall. I've been meaning to pick up a physical copy, but for some reason my PS3 stopped playing blurays so I've been putting it off.

Yup. Wolverine was working for Team X from 1973 to 1979 if I recall correctly. I'd have to watch Origina again but it's a truly painful process I'm in no rush to repeat.

But continuity-wise, it definitely doesn't work with DoFP. The X-Men cinematic timeline is a mess, and there's no way to correct it, even accounting for the timeline rewrite established by DoFP.

I posted the following over at thetimelinesite.com

Nice.

Yup. Wolverine was working for Team X from 1973 to 1979 if I recall correctly. I'd have to watch Origina again but it's a truly painful process I'm in no rush to repeat.

But continuity-wise, it definitely doesn't work with DoFP. The X-Men cinematic timeline is a mess, and there's no way to correct it, even accounting for the timeline rewrite established by DoFP.

I'm thinking that possibly the DoFP portion of 1973 may have occurred prior to the Origins portion, thusfixing that snarl in continuity, but the fact of the matter remains that since Wade Wilson was an adult at that time, the original Wade wouldn't be written out of continuity due to meddling in that year. We've got two Wade Wilsons in continuity now, and that's probably the biggest goof they seem to have overlooked.

The Deadpool video game has the official reality number Earth-13625 while the old X-Men movie universe timeline has Earth-10005. But the new X-Men movie universe timeline had not get an official reality number yet, same goes for Fantastic Four (2015 movie). So the Deadpool video game could be part of the X-Men/Fantastic four movie universe, and that the official reality number for it are Earth-13625.

Latest posts

Back