Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
And not, "A movie based on a comic that only has one issue out?!?!".

They just happen to share the same name (or possibly share...I dunno).

CBR reports:

YOUNG X-MEN

Screenwriter Zak Penn was interviewed by Comicmix and noted that he's got his eye on Westchester. "I'm ... supposed to write and direct one of the 'X-Men' spin-off movies for Fox," Penn said, "but that's not a Marvel film. It's not a pure Marvel movie. It's a Fox thing ... t's like a young X-Men. It's a pretty cool idea, actually. I can't sell you the whole idea, but it involves a younger group of X-Men at the beginning."

Re: Young X-Men movie...

Actually according to a few of the rumor sites, it's closer to an "X-Men: First Class".

Meh. I'm not really a fan of First Class.

But my lack of enthusiasm is probably due to the fact that aside from Astonishing, there are no X books that are really worth a damn.

Re: Young X-Men movie...

Meh. I'm not really a fan of First Class.

But my lack of enthusiasm is probably due to the fact that aside from Astonishing, there are no X books that are really worth a damn.

I'm trying really, really hard to be interested in X-Men (as I've every issue since #143), but it's becoming more and more difficult. The last time I was so disinterested by the X-Books was when Austen was writing.

X-Men: First Class Movie?

There's rumors running around the net that there may be a movie that follows the original X-Men - Cyke, Jean, Iceman, Beast, and Angel.

Re: X-Men: First Class Movie?

There's rumors running around the net that there may be a movie that follows the original X-Men - Cyke, Jean, Iceman, Beast, and Angel.

I support it. Even if its a prequel maybe focusing on X-men starting their super heroes and Iceman as the new freshman tagging along.

Well, with how they left X-Men 3... I'd say the only logical thing if they wanted to make another good X-Men movie is to either start over or do a prequel. This would satisfy a lot of people, I think. Marvel gets a chance to do the X-Men movies right.

I posted about this in the marvel movie news thread. I'm thinking it could be cool

Not sure how I feel about this. Obviously there's the Angel problem which can't really be rectified without either a reboot (which I don't want to see happen, because the first two X-movies are great) or a substitution (which would be pretty acceptable, I suppose). Secondly (and this is the big thing), would everyone else not think that the Jean/Scott romance would be a bit awkward, considering that we know how it will ultimately play out (with Logan and all of the infedility)?

Angel would probably be replaced by Storm as this creates both a better gender ratio and racial diversity.

Who would the villain in this film? Magneto is connected to the X-Men's origins, but he is pretty overexposed nowadays. Mr. Sinister has a connection to Cyclops origin and Shadow King has a connection to Storm's origins, so maybe you can work with one of those two.

Another problem: Iceman.

Unless he's an inexperienced little boy in the film, it clashes with established continuity.

Gothamite said:
Obviously there's the Angel problem which can't really be rectified without either a reboot (which I don't want to see happen, because the first two X-movies are great) or a substitution (which would be pretty acceptable, I suppose).

I'm guessing No angel. Unless he goes there as young kid and then leaves before X-men 1 happened.

Secondly (and this is the big thing), would everyone else not think that the Jean/Scott romance would be a bit awkward, considering that we know how it will ultimately play out (with Logan and all of the infedility)?

Not really as we may know how it ends but can still enjoy it. It's like everyone knows Clark Kent and Lois Lane end up together so all his previous realtionships must end, Yet seeing him with Lana and Chloe in smallville. Or Anakin and Padme in the star wars prequels (really was their anyway that could have ended well?) But we still get interested in it and invested in them. Could be the same here.

Not really as we may know how it ends but can still enjoy it. It's like everyone knows Clark Kent and Lois Lane end up together so all his previous realtionships must end, Yet seeing him with Lana and Chloe in smallville. Or Anakin and Padme in the star wars prequels (really was their anyway that could have ended well?) But we still get interested in it and invested in them. Could be the same here.

It's not really the same. Anakin and Padmé was an old-fashioned tragic romance. Lana Lang was (supposed to be) a sort of a catalyst for Clark to realise that his destiny wasn't on a farm in Kansas and that he had a far greater purpose.

As for Jean and Scott in the X-Men movies...they have sex for a little while until something better comes along.

Another problem: Iceman.

Unless he's an inexperienced little boy in the film, it clashes with established continuity.

Hmm, Emma Frost might work well. She would be the right age and would be a good source of inner team conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back