X-Men: Manifest Destiny (Spoilers)

Well, I just read the Iceman story. It wasn't Opal. It was Mystique.

Damn you, Carey, for toying with my emotions! :cry:

Well, I just read the Iceman story. It wasn't Opal. It was Mystique.

Damn you, Carey, for toying with my emotions! :cry:

I didn't like this book

The Iceman story confused me, why would they bring Mystique back so quickly? after all the hullabaloo over "Get Mystique", The Boom Boom Story was just.......icky......, and the last story, I still don't have a freaking clue who the main character was

I didn't like this book

The Iceman story confused me, why would they bring Mystique back so quickly? after all the hullabaloo over "Get Mystique", The Boom Boom Story was just.......icky......, and the last story, I still don't have a freaking clue who the main character was
When does Get Mystique take place? Because this story takes place before "Divided We Stand" in Uncanny X-Men, with having Wolverine in Russia.

I haven't finished the Boom Boom story yet (though I find it funny). The last story I don't know either about the character (from the preview pages anyways), but we'll see.

I can has synopsis?
When Bobby is in Opal's apartment messing with the temp. to make it hotter, they call Hank, and he sends a Blackbird out to pick up Bobby and Opal. They get it on it, and as Bobby is getting the B.B. up, Opal is talking about how you sometimes can't figure someone's emotions, even if you know them. They start flying.

Then the back of the blackbird blows open. As Bobby freezes the hole shut, Opal turns into Mystique and shoots Bobby with some type of fancy gun (probably like the one before when she seduced him). She then kicks Bobby through the ice and starts falling outside. He tries to ice up, but it doesn't work and he falls into the ground as the B.B. crashes.

A week later rescuers (or whoever) where looking into the situation but gave up. A glowing blue goo looking water starts flowing down into a lake/pond/whatever. Then it starts forming into a human as it's getting out of the water, and we see it's Bobby. He falls to the ground, nekkid.

Last edited:
and the last story, I still don't have a freaking clue who the main character was
It's Karma. Xi'an Coy Manh. "Shan" is just a nickname.

I can't believe this is her, she's been drawn so differently. She's never had a problem with her powers before, wonder why now. And man, I do not like the artist. Makes her look so ugly.

It's Karma. Xi'an Coy Manh. "Shan" is just a nickname.

I can't believe this is her, she's been drawn so differently. She's never had a problem with her powers before, wonder why now. And man, I do not like the artist. Makes her look so ugly.

THAT was Karma?

isn't she supposed to be asian?

cause the artist must have missed a memo, because it looked like she was a 35 year-old latino woman.......and not sexy latino.

It wasn't as good as those last two shot things.

But it was alright.

I enjoyed seeing Nextwave Tabby in X-men.

Tabby - I was in X-Force, I was in Nextwave!

Beast - I don't even know what that is.

THAT was Karma?

isn't she supposed to be asian?

cause the artist must have missed a memo, because it looked like she was a 35 year-old latino woman.......and not sexy latino.

Perhaps she's half-Japanese, half-Scottish (and half-HOTTT) because as my half-Japanese, half-Scottish (and yes, half-HOTTT) friend Mandy always says "I'm half-Japanese and half-Scottish, but most guys think I'm a Mexican!"

Give it up for a nice, round booty.

The Iceman story isn't that interesting since it's one long story broken up into a few pages for each issue which really makes it suffer from much enjoyment. Not much happened in parts 2 & 3. This will be a better read when read all together.

But the Emma story in #2 was great. It was definitely the best story of that issue, and so far overall of the entire mini. Right now it's my favorite mini story.

That Colossus story from 3 was great.

Everyone was trying to cheer him up after losing Kitty.

The ending was so adorable. So sad. I miss Kitty.

The Colossus story was great.

ROCKSLIDE: You thought having me pick a fight with him would make him feel better!? Why don't I just insult his mom too!?

NIGHTCRAWLER: His mom was murdered when he was very young.

ROCKSLIDE: DAMMIT!

Back