X-Men: Manifest Destiny (Spoilers)

Re: X-Men: Manifest Destiny

Me likey.

I wonder who Iceman gets to fight. I hope its the Wrecking Crew.
That would be cool.

I told houde about the Iceman bit and how I geek-gasmed about that like how I did with the USM Amazing Spider-Man news from last year at Philly.

Brubaker said that, to underline the difference between how mutants are seen in San Francisco compared to other cities, he wanted to have the last page of issue #499 show The San Francisco Chronicle and The Daily Bugle lying side-by-side. The headline of the Chronicle: "City Welcomes New Heroes," while the Bugle's headline would read: "Freak City Welcomes Freak Heroes: New York to X-Men: Drop Dead!"

AWESOME!

I like it when the X-Men are accepted by everyone. Those guys need a break.

Brubaker said that, to underline the difference between how mutants are seen in San Francisco compared to other cities, he wanted to have the last page of issue #499 show The San Francisco Chronicle and The Daily Bugle lying side-by-side. The headline of the Chronicle: "City Welcomes New Heroes," while the Bugle's headline would read: "Freak City Welcomes Freak Heroes: New York to X-Men: Drop Dead!"

Makes sense. Mutants have generally been seen as analogues for oppressed minorities, and right now, gays (and our relative acceptance by California) are in the news a lot. So you could bet that's the core of the shift to San Francisco (a well known haven for the GLBT community).

Last edited:

The Marvel Previews book has a checklist of the Manifest Destiny related issues. It also includes the reveal of a Wolverine mini- Wolverine: Manifest Destiny, which starts in October.

The checklist:

July:
Uncanny X-Men #500
Astonishing X-Men #25

August:
Uncanny X-Men #501
Astonishing X-Men #26
X-Men Legacy #215
Cable #6
Secret Invasion: X-Men #1 (Of 4)

September:
Uncanny X-Men #502
Astonishing X-Men #27
X-Men: Manifest Destiny #1 (Of 4)
Young X-Men #6
Secret Invasion: X-Men #2 (Of 4)

October:
Uncanny X-Men #503
X-Men: Manifest Destiny #2 (Of 4)
Young X-Men #7
Secret Invasion: X-Men #3 (Of 4)
Wolverine: Manifest Destiny #1

November:
Uncanny X-Men #504
Astonishing X-Men #28
X-Men: Manifest Destiny #3 (Of 4)
Young X-Men #8
Secret Invasion: X-Men #4 (Of 4)
Wolverine: Manifest Destiny #2

December:
Uncanny X-Men #505
X-Men: Manifest Destiny #4 (Of 4)
Young X-Men #9
Wolverine: Manifest Destiny #3

Last edited:

From the Mondo Marvel panel:

Writer Jason Aaron returns to the Wolverine character after the success of his "Get Mystique" story arc in the regular Wolverine ongoing title with Wolverine: Manifest Destiny, a four-issue mini-series that starts in October with art by Steven Segovia.

Jason Aaron talks Wolverine: Manifest Destiny

Wolverine's long sordid history means he's been around the world and seen and done some shady things. In "Manifest Destiny" his past dealings in San Francisco's Chinatown district finally catch up with him. "Seems Logan has quite the history there and was never supposed to return, all because of some bad blood from 50 years ago," Aaron told CBR News. "Logan did something that got him banished from Chinatown forever, told never to return under penalty of death. But now he's back and moments after setting foot there, he finds himself being pursued by every Kung Fu fighter from every dojo in town. And then there's the small matter of his ex-girlfriend, who now runs the local Triad, and has a group of mystical warriors at her disposal, including a guy named Soulstriker, who literally punches his opponents in the soul, and The Fist of Fire, who's like the Human Torch, but you know, with Kung Fu."

Seriously, Ice has been on the computer for probably fifteen minutes.

How the hell did he find this information before you guys.

Seriously, Ice has been on the computer for probably fifteen minutes.

How the hell did he find this information before you guys.

No one cares about Manifest Destiny?

No one cares about Manifest Destiny?

Bingo

alot of the X-books are really treading water right now, treading water in circles might I add

the only ones I'm really enjoying is XML and X-Force

oh and I guess Wolverine which I don't really count as an x-book

have you even given it a shot?

Nevers!

Preview for issue #1

And Bobby is back with Opal, though I bet I'm the only one who probably remembers her...

ZOMG.

THE *******ED OPAL "I WEAR PARACHUTE PANTS, AND HAVE NO QUALMS ABOUT DOODLING MY COUSIN, OH AND I HAVE BLUE EYES EVEN THOUGH I'M JAPANESE" TANAKA!?

Damn you writers and your hard-ons for obscurity!

Last edited:

ZOMG.

THE *******ED OPAL "I WEAR PARACHUTE PANTS, AND HAVE NO QUALMS ABOUT DOODLING MY COUSIN, OH AND I HAVE BLUE EYES EVEN THOUGH I'M JAPANESE" TANANKA!?

Damn you writers and your hard-ons for obscurity!
:lol:

You are awesome.

Latest posts

Back