X-Men Series Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
The title just simply called "X-Men"... there's not a thread for that yet right? Well I just skimmed through it today and it turns out Emma can somehow give people their powers back....

Such as...

Iceman
*Goes to read issue right now*

That.

Is.

Stupid.

Who wrote this?

I'm guessing someone who's sole purpose is to retcon everything Bendis has ever done.

Alex Ross?

I love him.

CRAP!

I deleted the post when did not want that to happen. Luckily, I copied and pasted when editing.

Actually, Emma can't give powers back. It *may* seem like it,in this issue, but its not.

Not sure if was in his mind or what. We'll find out next issue. And I dont think all the X-Men are getting their powers back.

calm down about Icemans powers.

the return of Iceman's powers is in no way a retcon due to people's reaction to Icemans depowerization.

a.) not that many people cared he got his powers back

b.) this was written, drawn, and printed too soon after house of M to be a retcon of that

my guess is that Marvel finally decided to have Iceman experiment with his powers a lot, and used House of M to catylize. Iceman turns his powers completely off, he returns human, 2 people that give writers another subplot involving him disappear. This has all been done so people can now actually write the character, and perhaps the most powerful mutant alive (now that Mags and Jean are gone)

IM GLAD HE'S BACK!

WOO-HOO!

Least its not beause "Emma can" since it was made to look like that. Plus, loved the reference back to when Emma and Iceman shared the one mind/body.

And this issue reminded me why I hated Alex. WHY CANT ICEMAN STAY WITH LORNA?! :cry:

no, it's good.

i can't stand the fact that 90% of his characterization was "oh lorna, you're awesome!"

and him fighting with havok because of it.

let them focus on iceman, not lorna and havok and iceman

iceman said:
no, it's good.

i can't stand the fact that 90% of his characterization was "oh lorna, you're awesome!"

and him fighting with havok because of it.

let them focus on iceman, not lorna and havok and iceman
Good point.

Maybe...the return of
Opal!!!!

I'm kidding. But hey! :wink:

i was about to smach you before you said just kidding.

the return should be of ice-god. enough of this low powered crap. now that there are only 200 mutants, iceman should step up power up and become a leader.

betteryet, have him lead the X-men squad

iceman, rogue, gambit, wolverine

that's actually a pretty small team.

iceman said:
i was about to smack you before you said just kidding.

the return should be of ice-god. enough of this low powered crap. now that there are only 200 mutants, iceman should step up power up and become a leader.

betteryet, have him lead the X-men squad

iceman, rogue, gambit, wolverine

that's actually a pretty small team.
Agreed. If you have an Omega mutant, USE HIM LIKE ONE!!!

yeah. and i like the small x-team, as well.

because it's still a highly powered team.

or break up uncanny, put claremont out to the pasture, and hire me to write

Awesome X-men II: The Reckoning

Iceman, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Gambit, annddd.... Spiderman.

guest starring Wolverine!

NRAMA: Speaking of status quo changes, you've confirmed that Wolverine's appearances will be fairly limited to Astonishing, New Avengers and his solo titles soon, and we're hearing rumblings that while Astonishing's roster will remain the same when the series returns, the "Adjectiveless" and Uncanny teams will be getting new team rosters.

JQ: Yup.

NRAMA: There has also been rumors of creator changes to the titles…

JQ: Yup, I've heard rumors too.
Interesting...

Latest posts

Back