Spider-Man X-Men/Spider-Man miniseries

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10311
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10406
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10669
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11116

it says in the previews that it will affect the Marvel Universe (which i didn't believe) but the main villain in the mini is Mr Sinister and the letters page in ASM #581 said that one of the arcs coming up in the next year for ASM would be "Sinister 666" which has really piqued my interest.

I haven't picked up the first two yet, but i think i will now. Is it any good so far?

Last edited:
First issue was good. It's the only one I've read. I'm tradewaiting the mini.

I had figured it would just be another crossover mini, but I'm glad it's having some ramifications.

I'm only buying the Ben Reilly issue

I'm hoping that issue sells respectivley well, so maybe a writer will muster up the balls to try and make something of the character.

maybe they'll retcon the clone saga and insert Sinister into it (which would sort of make sense) and use that to bring back Ben Rilley some how...

I'd really like to see him come back!

maybe they'll retcon the clone saga and insert Sinister into it (which would sort of make sense) and use that to bring back Ben Rilley some how...

They'll never retcon an event like the Clone Saga (if they ever do it at all, which I highly doubt) with just a 'small' mini series like this one.

well it's hard to retcon an event when you just pretend it never happened. This mini is the first time i've seen them acknowledge Ben Reilly's exsistance in a long time (not including when Spidey throws out the"well, i have clones" to one up someone who is having a bad day, or the Scarlet Spider clones of MVP in Avengers The Initiative)

but the fact that they are even going there makes me wonder if they have further plans with Ben. The retcon wouldn't have to be anything major, just have a quick scene in the third issue where Norman or the Jackle is talking to Mr Sinister in some secret lab, implying that he was involved in some way. Then you could build on the story later or leave it alone.

I'm probably wrong, but it was just a thought.

I've always figured that Jackal would have some kind of failsafe to protect his one succesful clone, like an automated cloning machine triggered by a pacemaker planted inside Ben or something. After being re-born again Ben would destroy the machine, and just leave go into hiding to stay out of Peter (or his own) life, knowing he is the clone and not wanting to disturb Peter's life anymore. Hell maybe even try and hunt down Kaine.

I've always thought of Ben as a chance to really examine the Nature Vs. Nurture angle. Here are two different people who lived EXACTLY the same life up to a single event, and they diverge. A great story could have been told examining how drastically different events could effect the same person, if they would hold onto their value's or compromise to overcome situations.

They don't even have to retcon it, Sinister could just have gathered some of Ben DNA from issue three of thi series and BAM! You got as much Reilly as you need.

hmm, i think i was thinking of another movie...I thought they made copies of Johnny 5 in Short Circuit 2 and they ended up being dumb, sorry, bad example.

so i've actually read the three issues that are out so far, and they're pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going.

So it's done...and the whole thing was just a way to clone Kraven?

I think Kraven wins the award for "Dead villain brought back the most ways without actually bringing him back"

I hope the Sinister 666 arc that comes from this is good.

Latest posts

Back